Note: This thread is 2446 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am actually excited about the new technology ... will get it on order tonight.  I am a sucker for gadgets ...

I meant to add:  I like the all red ... I lost mine off my belt before, and when I went back to last shot in the rough, I had to hunt for it a bit. 

Edited by isukgolf

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Im going to upgrade mine as well. I broke my clip and lost a tag, so might as well get another unit. I am very interested in the smart GPS feature saving battery life, tho I use a laser, and the strokes gained. One of my goals next year is to get to a sub 5 handicap, so this should give me a better idea on what I should be working on.

Plus, whats another $150 on golf stuff lol

FYI if you broke your clip, just call or email them and they will send you a replacement.

https://gamegolf.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1998760-broken-belt-clip---replacement-needed

• Upvote 1

^^ Thank you. They are sending me a new one now!

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Not going to upgrade. I don't like using my phone during a round. I have more practical things spend $150 on anyway, even if it were just more golf stuff.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

So I assume that if you can see your round in real time with the new device, then you don't have to plug it in afterwards to upload the round?

I probably wouldn't upgrade--even with the great deal they offer to current owners--just to be able to view the round in real time or get landing zones.  I'd love to ditch the computer requirement, though.

"Strokes gained will be provided for all parts of your game including putting."

That's pretty big news, IMO.  My understanding is that strokes gained is based on distances, which means they've figured out how to fix their lackluster putting stats.  Even if it requires manually entering the putt distance, I'd be stoked about this.  Make % by distance is something that I've enjoyed tracking in the past but found too cumbersome.

Edit: Alright, I dug deeper and found my own answer.

GAME GOLF LIVE is GPS enabled so you can play your round of golf only using GAME GOLF LIVE without the need of a phone. You can check your phone at the end of your round of golf to upload the round to your GAME GOLF profile. To do this, when you get to the course, simply turn on the GAME GOLF LIVE device by pressing the GAME logo and it will pick up the golf course you are playing. From there, simply tag each shot and when you are done upload the round using the GAME GOLF app on your phone or computer.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

1 hour ago, dsc123 said:

So I assume that if you can see your round in real time with the new device, then you don't have to plug it in afterwards to upload the round?

I probably wouldn't upgrade--even with the great deal they offer to current owners--just to be able to view the round in real time or get landing zones.  I'd love to ditch the computer requirement, though.

Tough to ditch the computer requirement because of the accuracy of GPS. Sometimes a tee shot can be up to 20 yards off because of trees and the GPS not updating quick enough to your location.

It takes me 5-10 minutes to review a round. Most of the time it's just making sure I didn't tag extra shots or missed a shot and adjusting some tags that might off. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

3 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Tough to ditch the computer requirement because of the accuracy of GPS. Sometimes a tee shot can be up to 20 yards off because of trees and the GPS not updating quick enough to your location.

It takes me 5-10 minutes to review a round. Most of the time it's just making sure I didn't tag extra shots or missed a shot and adjusting some tags that might off. 

As I mentioned, I found the answer on the support site.  The new unit does not require that you plug into a computer after the round (though you can if you want to).  I think you can do the editing on your phone.  This is a big plus for me.  We'll have to see how well the round editing works on a small touch screen.

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

30 minutes ago, dsc123 said:

As I mentioned, I found the answer on the support site.  The new unit does not require that you plug into a computer after the round (though you can if you want to).  I think you can do the editing on your phone.  This is a big plus for me.  We'll have to see how well the round editing works on a small touch screen.

The app they had let you edit the round on the phone. It was a pain in the butt. It was tough to really be accurate moving the icon around. It was even harder to move putts around because they didn't let you zoom in enough to really distinguish between putts. You would try to move the first putt but the icon for the second putt would be in the way. Also they didn't let you move the pin. They didn't do a good job assuming the pin was near the 2nd putt. So you could putt across the green to a front pin placement, tap in your par and Gamegolf would assume you drained a 20 FT for par with the pin in the middle of the green. 

Unless they really overhauled the user interface on the app, I don't see it being overly beneficial to edit the round on the phone. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

28 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Unless they really overhauled the user interface on the app, I don't see it being overly beneficial to edit the round on the phone. 

I think they are overhauling the app.  They've announced a bunch of new features for the app.  The only difference with the device itself is that it has Bluetooth.  The whole purpose of the upgrade is integration with your phone.

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

I like the fact that I will now be able to upload and edit my round on the computer without plugging in my device. 

Kyle Paulhus

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

• Administrator
1 hour ago, kpaulhus said:

I like the fact that I will now be able to upload and edit my round on the computer without plugging in my device. 

What makes you say that?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The changes they are making seem to move their device closer to what the Arccos provides. Essentially the Arccos had features that Game did not and vice versa, with this now Game has covered the some of the areas that Arccos had an advantage over them on. Arccos still has an advantage of no tagging, but at $100 more not entirely sure people will want to pay for that.

I will write my review comparing them shortly. 

Michael

• Administrator
32 minutes ago, mchepp said:

The changes they are making seem to move their device closer to what the Arccos provides. Essentially the Arccos had features that Game did not and vice versa, with this now Game has covered the some of the areas that Arccos had an advantage over them on. Arccos still has an advantage of no tagging, but at $100 more not entirely sure people will want to pay for that.

The disadvantages of the Arccos remain:

• Shot detection.
  • Battery life (and requirement) of having your phone.
  • The tags are heavier and change swing weight.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Does arcoss have battery problems? Ive used a lot of gps apps, sometimes simultaneously, and never had battery issues.  Thats a huge design flaw if the thing kept dies on you mid-round. 

Plugging the game golf into a computer always seemed strange to me.  I cant think of anything else I own that has to be plugged into a computer to be useful.  It seems very antiquated.  

I also use my home laptop so infrequently that it seems like a hassel, albeit a minor one.  To me its a significant improvement to be able to upload as I walk to my car rather than getting home, looking for laptop and usb.  I've got twin toddlers at home, every minute I save helps! 

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

1 hour ago, dsc123 said:

Does arcoss have battery problems? Ive used a lot of gps apps, sometimes simultaneously, and never had battery issues.  Thats a huge design flaw if the thing kept dies on you mid-round. 

The GPS that Arccos uses is your phone. The battery @iacas is referring to is your phone battery. The concern is if you play your round of golf and then your phone is at 20% then maybe that is a concern for you.

Michael

• Administrator
2 hours ago, dsc123 said:

@mchepp said it: phone battery. It eats it up pretty good and you've gotta have a good amount of charge before you start your round.

2 hours ago, dsc123 said:

Plugging the game golf into a computer always seemed strange to me. I cant think of anything else I own that has to be plugged into a computer to be useful.  It seems very antiquated.

It keeps the cost of the unit down. And charges it.

But yes, it's nice that you can do it from your phone now.

On 11/6/2015, 4:18:58, iacas said:

What makes you say that?

Right now, if I start a round using my device, I have to plug it in to my computer and upload it before I can edit it. I believe with the new device, it will sync with my phone so it will be waiting for me to edit without having to plug it in my computer. 

Kyle Paulhus

• Administrator
1 hour ago, kpaulhus said:

Right now, if I start a round using my device, I have to plug it in to my computer and upload it before I can edit it. I believe with the new device, it will sync with my phone so it will be waiting for me to edit without having to plug it in my computer. 

I guess I just never minded editing on my computer. I like recapping the round, being as precise as I can moving the dots around a little bit, etc. I view that (and the charging that takes place right then) as a nice thing, not something I want to avoid.

But maybe I'll feel differently after I try it on my phone.

Note: This thread is 2446 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!