IGNORED

Your Day with the (Newport) Cup! (2015 Edition)

iacas
Note: This thread is 2773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The Newport Cup is on its way to @DaveP043!

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The Cup has arrived safe and sound in Virginia

cup in the box.jpg

I have a few nights to enjoy it on my own before sharing it very gladly with my teammates, @GolfLug and @SavvySwede.  We may even get a chance to fill it with snow after our round of golf on Saturday!

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

The Cup has arrived safe and sound in Virginia

Is that the same box it started out on it's journey?

The Journey.jpg

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Sure is, looking just a little battered, but still in one piece.  Kinda like me, come to think of it.

Dave

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 

26 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Sure is, looking just a little battered

UPS & USPS boyz must be showing the Cup a little LUV......:-)

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

50 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Sure is, looking just a little battered, but still in one piece.  Kinda like me, come to think of it.

There was a whole mess of built up packing tape when I was shipping it away, but they stripped it mostly off when I brought it to the post office.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Well the Newport Cup is now in Virginia Beach with @GolfLug.  We had a good time with it here.  If got to spend some time in one of my favorite parts of my house, right next to the beer tap:

20160409_220330_resized.jpg

and gambling

20160409_182711_resized.jpg

The Cup came to Stoneleigh for a day of golf, but it was WAY too cold to take many photos.  We did have a better day at Springfield, as captured in @jsgolfer's post here:

Just before the final handoff to @GolfLug, we got a photo of the Cup with the MVP of the competition, @RandallT

20160410_143622_resized.jpg

I know, he didn't actually play, but that's the MVP prize in his hand, the :ping: G30 Driver in his hand.  I think all of us enjoyed his updates and leaderboards, almost real-time reporting on the progress of the matches.  Now the Cup is on to new adventures with Vishal!

• Upvote 2

Dave

Ha, thanks for the mention, Dave. It was good to put the driver into action with two actual Newport Cup attendees. It had its share of push slices to the right, but the Ping G30's finest moment to date was being somewhat abreast with you in the fairway on Stoneleigh #12- a challenging driving hole, OB right, hazard left, uphill against the wind. In the snow, no less, as I recall. Hopefully, I can draw upon that hole for good swing thoughts in the future.

For everyone- Dave has an amazing basement/cave with golf memorabilia everywhere, pool table, the works. When I first saw the cup by the basement beer tap, I thought he'd mounted the damn tap right onto the cup before sending it along with Vishal. 

20160409_220330_resized.jpg

Sadly, just an optical illusion.

• Upvote 1

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

• 2 weeks later...

So the Newport Cup has been a companion for last two weeks. I am finally getting my head above the water from work obligations to take the trophy out on the town for some local sight seeing.. Some photographs at some of my favorite sites:

Newport_Cup_USS_Wisconsin.jpg

The magnificent USS Wisconsin. Now retired from it's heyday in WWII.

NewC_Naval_Museum.jpg

The Naval Museum of Norfolk

Vishal S.

Visiting with the Norfolk Mermaid.. Ms. NM is the town mascot and there are hundreds of her in different drapes all around town...NewC_NorfolkMermaid2.jpg

Vishal S.

Meera (my 9 year old) serenading the Newport Cup with the Peanuts theme...

• Upvote 4

Vishal S.

NWPRT_CUP_Beach_2.jpg

The Newport Cup visits the Virginia Beach Oceanfront.. Aah, the good life>:beer:

(P.>S I am piece mealing the pics due to max upload size per post limit).

Vishal S.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Joe Guastella said:

I would love to be a part of 2016 Newport cup. When I visited Orlando with @kpaulhus and @GolfLug they were raving about it. I'm in !!!

The next one is in 2017. If you're a member with a thousand posts or so by then, good chance you'll be on the team. :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

9 hours ago, iacas said:

The next one is in 2017. If you're a member with a thousand posts or so by then, good chance you'll be on the team. :-)

I better get posting then. Where will it be located ?

5 minutes ago, Joe Guastella said:

I better get posting then. Where will it be located ?

On the winning half of the country ;-)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

5 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

On the winning half of the country ;-)

We'll have to find the geographic center.

(I'm still bitter about that chip-in. :mad:)

In my bag:

Note: This thread is 2773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!