IGNORED

Tathata Golf ... McCord & Chamblee Are Advertising on TGC

inthehole
Note: This thread is 2485 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

http://www.tathatagolf.com/tathata-golf-launches-national-advertising-campaign-on-golf-channel/

Has anybody seen the commercials for this Asian influenced golf system that Chamblee & McCord are pushing on TGC ?     Brandel says "I really believe in it" ... my suspicious meter pegs out when he says that.    Just curious if anybody has looked into this ?

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tai Chi golf method with some eastern philosophy tossed in. Who knows if there is anything to it. I will say this I recently got back into martial arts after a long time away and I definitely experienced golf benefits. More flexible, faster, balance is better and I feel like my movements are more fluid than before.

Dave :-)

I've seen the advertising since the summer. As Dave has described, I think benefits exist. Now can you get the benefits of balance and movement without it? Yes. But they have a program. I have Joey D.

Edited by Mr. Desmond

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

It is likely that any work out program is going to help you with golf if you are not currently working out. Is this one better than any other,  that is doubtful, possible but doubtful. 

Michael

I'd feel sorry for McCord for working with Chamblee. 

BC would not be on my top 20 list as someone I would want representing my brand. 

Any kind of exercise that keeps one's body strong and flexible is a good thing. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

It's more than a workout though. I looked at the site a couple weeks ago and there is some swing/movement stuff in there. There was 3 core parts, I think.

Dave :-)

• 4 months later...

Might as well give a preview here. Started the program since it involves ground forces which I have not been able to engage.. on day 4.

It is a 60 day program, which maps about 10 basic movements, and it seems as if you repeat them on a daily basis, and they add details as the program progresses. It is mind and body -- movements and flexibility (even though I have not yet begun flexibility programming.)

I believe the idea of the slow repetition/mapping is to get you into the swing without thinking.

The basic movements have several pieces of 5SK - little head movement, legs bowed, stretching out the right side in the backswing. But it does differ, I believe in nomenclature -- they do not talk about the turn or the hip slide, but give you basic movements that seem to mimic the above - they give you an exercise that results in a turn, but it is a turn with ground forces and have you lifting the ribs by moving the shoulder blades back and down, activating the glutes by moving the hips back, etc (it is a balancing of lifting ribs (stretching) and moving the hips back creating some concave movement in the back (think about preventing early extension during the swing) and then with the hips, it is more of a "surfing" move....  etc. 

It is more detail than you will receive in a typical private lesson as to weight - where it needs to be in every movement of the swing and how to get it there, balance, individual movement, etc.

Different? Yes.

Edited by Mr. Desmond
  • Upvote 1

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

It's funny that golf is so hard and people struggle and struggle with it and, yet, are passionate about getting better.  It creates quite a little industry, doesn't it?  

To make it even better, you have this huge "human nature" component in that nobody wants to seem like A. they paid for something that didn't work or B. That they struggle to learn golf. 

So you have dozens and dozens of innovative, brilliant systems that totally work!  Except just about everybody still sucks at golf.  Nobody seems to stop and ask Gary . .hey, man . .if Tathata is such a great system - does that mean all that Tour Striker stuff was no good?   I thought that was going to "totally fix me" . .so why would anybody need Tathata?  Huh Gary?  Huh!?!

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Rainmaker said:

It's funny that golf is so hard and people struggle and struggle with it and, yet, are passionate about getting better.  It creates quite a little industry, doesn't it?  

To make it even better, you have this huge "human nature" component in that nobody wants to seem like A. they paid for something that didn't work or B. That they struggle to learn golf. 

So you have dozens and dozens of innovative, brilliant systems that totally work!  Except just about everybody still sucks at golf.  Nobody seems to stop and ask Gary . .hey, man . .if Tathata is such a great system - does that mean all that Tour Striker stuff was no good?   I thought that was going to "totally fix me" . .so why would anybody need Tathata?  Huh Gary?  Huh!?!

I think the Tour Striker is a swing aid that attempts to assist with one issue, while Tathata, which McCord also only endorses, is a 60 day program of basic and detailed body movements that helps you understand pressure and ground forces and how to use them during the swing. McCord did not develop Tathata or Tour Striker.

If you are making the implication that McCord is a who're, one only needs to look at Hank Haney, the ultimate who're - McCord is no Haney.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Mr. Desmond

51 minutes ago, Mr. Desmond said:

I think the Tour Striker is a swing aid that attempts to assist with one issue, while Tathata, which McCord also only endorses, is a 60 day program of basic and detailed body movements that helps you understand pressure and ground forces and how to use them during the swing. McCord did not develop Tathata or Tour Striker.

If you are making the implication that McCord is a who're, one only needs to look at Hank Haney, the ultimate who're - McCord is no Haney.

Hope that helps.

Tour Striker assists with IMPACT . .which, according to Gary (on the commercial). .is the only thing all great players have in common.  The only thing I need! 

Obviously I'm making a bit of a joke . .but there is some truth to the notion that the same information is being presented over and over again in slightly different formats in the blind hopes that *this* is somehow the thing that will get it through our thick heads, lol.  

1 minute ago, Rainmaker said:

Tour Striker assists with IMPACT . .which, according to Gary (on the commercial). .is the only thing all great players have in common.  The only thing I need! 

Obviously I'm making a bit of a joke . .but there is some truth to the notion that the same information is being presented over and over again in slightly different formats in the blind hopes that *this* is somehow the thing that will get it through our thick heads, lol.  

Agree.

But my point is the Tour Striker is a club training aid designed to assist a piece, while Tathata is not a training aid -- it is an entire swing and flexibility program. It is not the same information.

I should know about training aids that do not work for me-- over the last 20 years, I am close to the reigning champion of training aids. Right now, I use an Orange Whip, and once in a while, use a ball that fits between the elbows. After I undergo 60 days of tathata (say it 5 times quickly), I may not need them. Both develop a feel for which the system may account.

I started the program today, Day 1 definitely helped me feel my setup better than I had in the past.  For Day 1 I'm pretty impressed, we'll see if it continues.  

Joe Paradiso

7 hours ago, newtogolf said:

I started the program today, Day 1 definitely helped me feel my setup better than I had in the past.  For Day 1 I'm pretty impressed, we'll see if it continues.  

Joe, maybe we ought to begin another thread after a couple of weeks of progress. This is progressing into threadcrapping and training-aid-crapping.

2 hours ago, Mr. Desmond said:

Agree.

But my point is the Tour Striker is a club training aid designed to assist a piece, while Tathata is not a training aid -- it is an entire swing and flexibility program. It is not the same information.

I should know about training aids that do not work for me-- over the last 20 years, I am close to the reigning champion of training aids. Right now, I use an Orange Whip, and once in a while, use a ball that fits between the elbows. After I undergo 60 days of tathata (say it 5 times quickly), I may not need them. Both develop a feel for which the system may account.

We can put our training aid collections together and start a museum!

• Upvote 1

Michael

1 minute ago, mchepp said:

We can put our training aid collections together and start a museum!

I have a couple of weird ones.... lol

3 minutes ago, Dave2512 said:

Curious if the flexibility training is yoga based. 

I haven't gotten to any of it yet, but according to the introduction it is yoga and martial arts based. 

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 2485 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!