IGNORED

Where Is Your Next Golf Trip Going to Be?

Smidd4

On 7/14/2023 at 2:37 PM, billchao said:

You don’t live there and you have to stay at a hotel or something, right?

Sounds like a trip to me 😃

Since that is the criteria, my next trip is to Inverness Club in Toledo, OH on Aug. 9th.  It is only @ 90 miles so a short day-trip.  I've played there a couple of times and it is great.  It is a walking course so that will be interesting for me.

It is an older course that used to host a lot of events, including US Opens, but has dropped off the PGA Tour rotation, but it did host the Solheim Cup in 2021.

https://invernessclub.com/golf/

Edited by StuM
Remvoed a sentence about the link not working correctly since it is now working.
  • Like 2

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Whistling Straits!!! Here I come.....! Playing all the Kohler courses tomorrow through Tuesday. WS on Monday.. have plenty of balls to finish the round...😊

• Like 2

Vishal S.

• 2 weeks later...

Leaving Thursday August 24th for a 10 day trip to Myrtle Beach to play in my 36th consecutive Myrtle Beach World Amateur (formerly Dupont World Amateur). Have several friends from both of my tournament leagues and from my old club going.  Should be a great time. 

Don't expect much and hope the trip actually happens.  My doctor is wanting me to check into hospital for some of my health issues.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Recently, no, but I've played there.

If you're a single, the "go there very early in the morning" thing generally works out.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 6 months later...

I really LOVE to post to this thread.  It always means a fun time is coming up and this time I have a few.

May 27-29 going to Garland Golf Resort in Lewiston, MI.  May swing by Treetops in Gaylord, MI for a round before or after Garland.

June 1 & 2 is the TST Outing at EagleSticks & Virtues in Ohio, East of Columbus

Sept 4-7 going to Arcadia Bluffs in Arcadia, MI.  Golfing both the Bluffs & South Course.

This will be 4 courses I've never golfed before.  Really looking forward to golf this year.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Stuart M.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

On 3/20/2024 at 11:33 AM, StuM said:

I really LOVE to post to this thread.  It always means a fun time is coming up and this time I have a few.

May 27-29 going to Garland Golf Resort in Lewiston, MI.  May swing by Treetops in Gaylord, MI for a round before or after Garland.

June 1 & 2 is the TST Outing at EagleSticks & Virtues in Ohio, East of Columbus

Sept 4-7 going to Arcadia Bluffs in Arcadia, MI.  Golfing both the Bluffs & South Course.

This will be 4 courses I've never golfed before.  Really looking forward to golf this year.

@dennyjones  @Old1964 @bkuehn1952 @David L Yskes   or other Michigan golfers.  I may be adding a day in the Mt. Pleasant, MI area to my September trip and I am curious of what course to golf.  My initial thought is Buck's Run.  I've never golfed Buck's Run and hear it is good.  Thoughts?  

Stuart M.

April 21st thru April 26th, I am heading down to Pinehurst. Will be staying at Talamore. We will be playing Mid Pines, Talamore, Mid South, Legacy, and Quail Ridge. I tried to get Southern Pines onto the list, but my dad was trying to be cost effective a bit. If I can, I might try to sneak over for at least 9 holes at some point. 😉.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

April 21st thru April 26th, I am heading down to Pinehurst. Will be staying at Talamore. We will be playing Mid Pines, Talamore, Mid South, Legacy, and Quail Ridge. I tried to get Southern Pines onto the list, but my dad was trying to be cost effective a bit. If I can, I might try to sneak over for at least 9 holes at some point. 😉.

9 is going to leave you almost as far from the clubhouse as you can get.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

23 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yea, now that I read this, I remember that is true. 🤣

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

3 hours ago, StuM said:

@dennyjones  @Old1964 @bkuehn1952 @David L Yskes   or other Michigan golfers.  I may be adding a day in the Mt. Pleasant, MI area to my September trip and I am curious of what course to golf.  My initial thought is Buck's Run.  I've never golfed Buck's Run and hear it is good.  Thoughts?  

I have not played Buck's Run but the reviews are pretty good.  The only time I've played in Mt. Pleasant was to play Pohlcat.   It was nice but not worth the trip there by itself. 

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

17 hours ago, saevel25 said:

17 hours ago, iacas said:

As part of the renovation, they reconstructed a short par-3 just after the uphill 4th, which takes you near the 15th tee.  That makes a 9-hole loop reasonable, but I'm not sure how you'd slide yourself into the stead stream of players coming off 14.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

I recently signed up to play the World Am in Myrtle Beach. It will be my first time. A friend of mine talked me into it. Should be pretty fun though. Other than that, I do not have any other golf trips planned this year. Unless I take my clubs to Destin on our vacation in June. 

• Like 1

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

I had a nice winter.  As many know, we usually go to Palm Springs, CA, for a visit to friends in the winter.  This year my wife decided to make it more special, so she made the arrangements and we played at Pebble Beach, Spyglass Hill, and Spanish Bay.  Its crazy expensive, but its also an amazing experience.

Then we got a very nice surprise, an invitation to go with some friends to the Wednesday practice round at the Masters.  Our friends had planned to go with another couple, who had to back out due to some medical concerns, and we were selected as Plan B.  Afterwards, we'll head to Sea Island GA for a couple of rounds.

Next is the TST Ohio gathering, 2 rounds in Ohio.  I'll see some old friends, and make some new ones.

After that, my wife and I will be volunteer hole marshals at the US Open at Pinehurst.  We'll be assigned to hole number 1, which is great.  Once the last groups go through, we'll have time to find a television to watch some golf.  We know from previous years that it'll be really difficult to find a good spot to watch in person.

• Like 2

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

Our friends had planned to go with another couple, who had to back out due to some medical concerns, and we were selected as Plan B

Some people might be bothered by it, but being “Plan B” is not a bad thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Stuart M.

2 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

I had a nice winter.  As many know, we usually go to Palm Springs, CA, for a visit to friends in the winter.  This year my wife decided to make it more special, so she made the arrangements and we played at Pebble Beach, Spyglass Hill, and Spanish Bay.  Its crazy expensive, but its also an amazing experience.

Then we got a very nice surprise, an invitation to go with some friends to the Wednesday practice round at the Masters.  Our friends had planned to go with another couple, who had to back out due to some medical concerns, and we were selected as Plan B.  Afterwards, we'll head to Sea Island GA for a couple of rounds.

Next is the TST Ohio gathering, 2 rounds in Ohio.  I'll see some old friends, and make some new ones.

After that, my wife and I will be volunteer hole marshals at the US Open at Pinehurst.  We'll be assigned to hole number 1, which is great.  Once the last groups go through, we'll have time to find a television to watch some golf.  We know from previous years that it'll be really difficult to find a good spot to watch in person.

Wow!  Now those are some trips I need.  And I would for sure take a plan B like that

Bryan A

• 4 weeks later...

Posted this on another thread, but saw this one so here it is again:

Going to Robert Trent Jones Trail next week with a group of guys, 15 total. This will be my first trip to RTJ. Playing "Cambrian Ridge" one day, then "The Senator", "The Legislator", and "The Judge" on Capitol Hill. Anyone played these courses? Are there other courses we should try to play while there?

Luis

In August, I am playing the World Am in Myrtle Beach. I do not know which courses yet, but should be a blast. Aside from that, those are the only golf trip plans, unless I play while on vacation in Destin in June.

• Like 1

Bryan A