IGNORED

Where Is Your Next Golf Trip Going to Be?

Smidd4

Going back to Destin, Florida for Spring Break. Got rained out last June and haven't been able to play the last few trips due to remodeling our place there...this trip, we golf! 

:ping:   Ping G30 - Driver       

Ping G Series - 3w & 5w 

Ping G5 - 7w & 5-PW

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 52*, 56*, 60*

Ping Sigma 2 Fetch putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Heading back to Myrtle Beach in 4 weeks, staying at the Barefoot Resort.  I'm leaving the course choices up to one of my buddies, hoping to play some places I haven't been before.  So far my favs are TPC and Barefoot-Love. 

I've played quite a few thus far!  Thistle, Oyster Bay, Tidewater, Eagle Nest, Barefoot-Norman,  Legends-Heathland, Myrtle Beach National-Kings North and West, Man O'War, World Tour, Indian Wells, The International Club, and Caledonia (which was really nice but I think overpriced).

Recommendations?

In my TM r7 Stand bag:
Driver- r11 10.5° Reg shaft

Fairway wood - r11 3 wood
Hybrids- r11 3, 4 & 5
Irons- M1 6-AW, xft 50, xft 54.12 , xft 60.08°
Still have / love my r7 CGB Max 6-PW, xft 50, xft 54.12, xft 60.08° which I keep in Myrtle Beach, Tommy Armour 855 Putter

Heading to Charlottesville next weekend.  Let’s hope the weather improves a little.  Playing Spring Creek and Keswick.  Then doing the wineries thing, as well.  

Then a golf trip prior to the Master’s Wednesday Par 3 tournament.  Need to start booking in the next week or so.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

• 2 weeks later...

Just secured 3 days in April at Kapalua. It’s on a different Island & I’m bringing my clubs so it is a golf trip. Plantation day 1, Bay Course day 2 and plantation on day 3, we leave the next morning. We are big fans of the Outrigger Villas, the places we stay at are priced reasonably, and are huge. 

Have fun!

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 9:44 PM, rrassoc said:

Heading back to Myrtle Beach in 4 weeks, staying at the Barefoot Resort.  I'm leaving the course choices up to one of my buddies, hoping to play some places I haven't been before.  So far my favs are TPC and Barefoot-Love. 

I've played quite a few thus far!  Thistle, Oyster Bay, Tidewater, Eagle Nest, Barefoot-Norman,  Legends-Heathland, Myrtle Beach National-Kings North and West, Man O'War, World Tour, Indian Wells, The International Club, and Caledonia (which was really nice but I think overpriced).

Recommendations?

I live in Barefoot, our courses are in great shape right now. Some courses I'd recommend while you're here that you haven't said you played 1- Dye course at Barefoot 2-Tidewater 3- True Blue 4- Prestwick 5- Heritage (will probably be your best bet, for around $40 you get breakfast, lunch, and it's a fantastic course. Just south of Caladonia and True Blue. It's part of the Legends group. you can look into their other 4 courses(all are good) also. All the same price, w/meals. Need any advice, let me know...  

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

Just got back from a winter road trip up north that included a week stay over in Bandon, Oregon.

Next one will not be as extravagant. Down south, about 120 miles is the Avi Resort, which includes the Mojave Golf Course. The golf course is one of my all time favorites. The Avi Resort has a gambler friendly gambling hall. 

Place is south of Laughlin, NV, and north of Needles, CA. on an Indian Reservation. 

I'll golf multi days, and my better half will play the machines. We'll probably rent a couple water toys and play in the Colorado be River while there. Drive around , and visit some historical sites dba tourist traps.

This will take place in June sometime. Short trips can be just as fun as the longer ones. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

It's not a golf "exclusive" trip, but we're going to play the Disney courses this summer.  I quite like them.  I've played them a few times before and even played Osprey Ridge before that property was sold to a retirement community.  Palm, Magnolia, and LBV are great courses.  Even the 9 hole Oak trail walking course is pretty nice.  My brother-in-law hasn't played them before, and we're all taking a family vacation down there.  We will squeeze in some golf when we aren't at the parks or the beach with the kids.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm heading down to St. Petersburg to visit my family the fourth week of April. I'm going to take the clubs but I'm not sure how often I'll be able to play throughout the week. There's a par 3 on Treasure Island (close to my hotel), but I'm also considering a couple of the municipal courses throughout the area.

Some of the courses I've scouted online look affordable

Twinbrooks 9 hole par 3  $20 to play twice

Treasure Bay 9 hole par 3 $13 to play twice

Mainlands 18 holes walking $25

Mangrove Bay 18 holes walking $36

If anyone down there has any suggestions, I'd appreciate the info.

Jon

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 11:23 AM, JonMA1 said:

I'm heading down to St. Petersburg to visit my family the fourth week of April. I'm going to take the clubs but I'm not sure how often I'll be able to play throughout the week. There's a par 3 on Treasure Island (close to my hotel), but I'm also considering a couple of the municipal courses throughout the area.

Some of the courses I've scouted online look affordable

Twinbrooks 9 hole par 3  $20 to play twice

Treasure Bay 9 hole par 3 $13 to play twice

Mainlands 18 holes walking $25

Mangrove Bay 18 holes walking $36

If anyone down there has any suggestions, I'd appreciate the info.

Clearwater Country Club isn't bad. Most of the good Pinellas county courses are on the north side of the county. Up around Palm Harbor/Tarpon Springs. Fox Hollow is close and is very good. Lansbrook, Wentworth, and Tarpon woods are all by each other (ok golf courses). Bardmoore is in Largo and is good one. The Tides is over by the beach (it's okay).

• Upvote 1

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Thanks @Bucki1968. I was hoping you or another Tampa Bay resident might reply.

During the 35 years I lived in St. Pete, I wasn't into golf. So I'm relying on the internet for rates and when the courses are least crowded. I'm not sure if some of these courses allow non-members or if they're open to the public or walkers, etc. I'll send out some emails to find out as well as asking for current rates and the slowest times of the day - starting with the list you were kind enough to provide.

I don't have particularly high standards on where I play. I've only played a couple courses up here I thought were in bad shape. Most are more than adequate for my game. Not sure what it's like to play a really nice course. 

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Jon

Wow, now that golf season is just about here, I realize I have a couple of trips coming up.  In about a month, Mary Anne and I will be spending a couple of nights at the Homestead, with 2 rounds of golf planned.  And a month after that, I'll be in Scotland for 4 days in Ayrshire, and 4 days in East Lothian.  :dance:

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it’s a good day, I’m all packed up (well clubs & shorts,it’s Maui) and I’m on the AM flight, tee-ing off just after 12 on the Plantation course, tomorrow Bay Course and Saturday back to the Plantation at Kapalua. Then I got an email confirmation for Torrey Pines 3 days in a row this July. Lovely!

Aloha,

iSank

• Like 1

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

On 4/16/2018 at 2:27 PM, Bucki1968 said:

Most of the good Pinellas county courses are on the north side of the county.

I wasn't able to get up to the northern part of the county last week and was only able to play a couple of municipal courses. The person I spoke with at the pro shop at The Mainlands had played the courses up here in Northern Michigan and told me the course would be much different than what I was accustomed to. He was right. The ground was much harder and the rough and fairways were completely different. I then talked to another golfer and he said there's a night and day difference between the muni courses and some of the nicer ones as you'd suggested @Bucki1968.

In the end, it was good to play golf even if the courses weren't the greatest. It was the first time I'd played in warm weather for almost a 6 months so I really enjoyed it. There were tee boxes, fairways, hazards and greens. My game was the same - good shots and poor shots. I had a playing partner who was pretty good and it's always nice to play alongside someone who's at a higher level.

Jon

• 4 weeks later...

Heading to Nassau in a week for a friend's 40th birthday and a whole lot of golf. I've played at the Ocean Club course at the Atlantis before - I don't know if I got distracted by the views or what but it sure was a poor showing by the end of 18. Hoping to get some redemption this time around. But I am also excited to try out the new Royal Blue at the BahaMar. I heard the front 9 can be pretty unforgiving though.

I'm coming to SF during the last week of July, got 2 rounds of golf planed at Silverado, Napa, I'm looking for advices on courses which are close to town to play on the week end of 21st, 22nd July. X

9 hours ago, Lune6 said:

I'm coming to SF during the last week of July, got 2 rounds of golf planed at Silverado, Napa, I'm looking for advices on courses which are close to town to play on the week end of 21st, 22nd July. X

Presidio...it is a great track about 10-15 minutes from downtown SF.

Thank you so much. The course looks absolutely amazing. I can't book my rounds too early in advance, will have wait until July to do it. xxx

Our plans have changed a little, but our group is still on schedule to play 3-5 rounds of golf at the Death Valley course in early August. 

We have been going there as a group almost 15 years. 

Yeah, it's friggin hot there that time of year, but that's why we go. We will be there for about a week or so. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer: