IGNORED

PEZGolf Truth Squad

PEZGolf
Note: This thread is 3040 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

23 minutes ago, SavvySwede said:

I agree that it gets pretty ratty in the end, but he seems to have kept his composure.

17 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Ditto, I'm still looking up the 23 jobs. . .

It seems entirely possible for him to have done all 23 jobs at the "same time". Most of them are freelance stuff which a talented person could do pretty quickly. I tried to google some of the names, but they are obscure. The gift shop style golf store in the "Gems. . ." probably went out of business some time ago. He could have won 18 amateur tournaments as a 1.3 handicap?

Tried looking up "The New Outlaws" and came up with a band in TN, but many people make up bands and quit them. . .https://www.facebook.com/thenewoutlaws/

Seems possible. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, PEZGolf said:

In another thread, the question was asked about a list for my 23 jobs, so here they are:
1. Publisher and Editor of "The Golf News" and "Central New York Directory For Tourists"
2. Owner of the golf store called "Golf Paradise in Central New York", located in "Gems Along the Mohawk"
3. Golf instructor at the Little Falls YMCA, Tee-Time, various golf courses in the area
4. Owner of the contracting firm PM Contractors, based out of Ilion
5. Promoter for tourism to this area on the website www.the-golfnews.com ---click on the link for golf packages.
6. Tournament organizer and promoter for golf tournaments, including the Steve Pezdek Memorial Open
7. Tournament player and winner of 18 Major Amateur golf Championships
8. Business consultant to small businesses, not limited to the golf industry
9. Income tax preparer for individuals and small businesses under the name of "Good Management Practices"
10. 40 hours a week at Wal-Mart in North Utica in the Frozen Food Department
11. Consultant to developers for the project named "Ilion's Remington Plaza" and other commercial properties
12. Consultant to municipalities and school districts in Upstate New York
13. Professional journalist, and my articles and Letters to the Editor have been published in the "New York Post", the Syracuse "Post Standard", the Herkimer "Evening Telegram", the Little Falls "Evening Times", and the Utica "Observer Dispatch", among others.
14. Booking agent for various bands playing out of Clifton Park and the Albany area
15. Member of the band known as "The New Outlaws"
16. Basketball coach and consultant to other teams
17. Recruiter for the St. Lawrence University men's and women's golf teams
18. Radio announcer and guest. I have been interviewed twice by Hank Brown.
19. TV personality who was interviewed on Channel 2 out of Utica and am scheduled to be on Joe Kelly's show next month to discuss golf and tourism in general
20. Travel journalist and photographer for the Adirondacks and the Catskills. Trying to get published by "Adirondack Life"
21. Consultant to restaurant owners in a 25 County area of upstate New York
22. Sales consultant to several car dealers
23. Consultant to not-for-profit organizations such as churches, the Knights of Columbus, the Moose Club, and veterans organziation

I particularly like numbers 7 and 15. 

EDIT: Funnily enough, on that thread there was someone with the name "iacas" on page 8 that I saw briefly skimming through. I also saw lots of names like, "Mrs. Pez", "PEZ fan", and "Internet Police" (Internet Police appeared to actually be PEZ), so I think it highly unlikely it's the same as @iacas.

14 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

I particularly like numbers 7 and 15. 

Those are the two that stood out to me as well. . .

I would imagine that all 18 tournaments were club events at some private country club and not an open for all the scratch players in the area to attend?

The band one, he could have been a percussionist? Many of them are "members" of multiple bands.

5 minutes ago, Abu3baid said:

Most likely he is just making stuff up though.  ;)

If you read what my dad claims to have done, it would be a list about this over-inflated, and my dad gives himself credit for tasks like giving names to dishes in a Chinese restaurant as "Designed a successful menu for a chain of restaurants". Even though the restaurants are owned separately by two of my uncles. My dad's resume includes Cornell PhD in Physics, "teaching" at Columbia, lecturing at Cambridge, Princeton post-doctorate, and a host of similar stuff like the ones Mitch has written. Looking at all this from an insider point of view, it's total BS but "true". :-P

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

2 minutes ago, Lihu said:

I would imagine that all 18 tournaments were club events at some private country club and not an open for all the scratch players in the area to attend. The band one, he could have been a percussionist? Many of them are "members" of multiple bands.

Most likely he is just making stuff up though.  ;)

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

12 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I suppose our pal Mitch can be whatever handicap he chooses to be, as long as he's not playing me for money.

Or not, because if it's >5 he is no longer eligible to write for his own magazine. 

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

3 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

Or not, because if it's >5 he is no longer eligible to write for his own magazine. 

True, but even if he plays for money I would think that giving yourself a 1.3 HC while not being one is not the way to make money. :-D

18 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I did a quick Ghin check, there's only one guy named Pezdek in the Ghin system in NY.  That fella, John Pezddek, is a +0.2, and has posted just 19 rounds in 2015.  I suppose our pal Mitch can be whatever handicap he chooses to be, as long as he's not playing me for money.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

9 minutes ago, Lihu said:

I would imagine that all 18 tournaments were club events at some private country club and not an open for all the scratch players in the area to attend?

The band one, he could have been a percussionist? Many of them are "members" of multiple bands.

If you read what my dad claims to have done, it would be a list about this inflated, and my dad gives himself credit for tasks like giving names to dishes in a Chinese restaurant as "Designed a successful menu for a chain of restaurants". Even though the restaurants are owned separately by two of my uncles. My dad's resume includes Cornell PhD in Physics, "teaching" at Columbia, lecturing at Cambridge, Princeton post-doctorate, and a host of similar stuff like the ones Mitch has written. Looking at all this from an insider point of view, it's total BS but "true". :-P

You shouldn't be comparing your dad to some random guy off the internet.. Just saying..  

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

2 hours ago, PEZGolf said:

In order to write an article in my magazine, "The Golf News", you must have a handicap of 5 or less, have won 5 or more scratch tournaments (I.e. non-handicap),  and play a 18 hole round with me and come within 5 shots of my score. Please note the MAGIC NUMBER is always "5"! And my handicap index is 1.3! Too many "journalists" do NOT have direct experience! They will not "make the cut" with me!

My biggest question here is, do I get to play from the same tees as PEZ if I wanted to write an article and played a round with him? Does he have to move back to the tips with me, or do I get to move up to the shorter tees with him (since his big deal is non-handicapped tournaments, I assume we'd be playing on level footing)?

1 minute ago, Abu3baid said:

You shouldn't be comparing your dad to some random guy off the internet.. Just saying..  

Sure, but I'm just saying that my dad would look kind of like Mitch in this setting. :-D

1 minute ago, Pretzel said:

My biggest question here is, do I get to play from the same tees as PEZ if I wanted to write an article and played a round with him? Does he have to move back to the tips with me, or do I get to move up to the shorter tees with him (since his big deal is non-handicapped tournaments, I assume we'd be playing on level footing)?

Yes, but I think you'd have the definitive advantage unless the course is setup weird.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

2 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Yes, but I think you'd have the definitive advantage unless the course is setup weird.

That's exactly my point. If he moved back to the tips playing with any number of other golfers that have a similar handicap to him (since the tips are usually recommended to a handicap that low) I have a feeling he might be the one struggling to stay within 5 strokes of the other. Time is not on his side when it comes to driving distance, unfortunately.

Maybe he just means that he wants you to be willing to tank your score if necessary to stay within 5 strokes of him, should the course prove too long or difficult?

5 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

That's exactly my point. If he moved back to the tips playing with any number of other golfers that have a similar handicap to him (since the tips are usually recommended to a handicap that low) I have a feeling he might be the one struggling to stay within 5 strokes of the other. Time is not on his side when it comes to driving distance, unfortunately.

Maybe he just means that he wants you to be willing to tank your score if necessary to stay within 5 strokes of him, should the course prove too long or difficult?

Agree, and I think he's stated that his total driving distance is around 240-250 yards, so he'll definitely struggle from the tips. The thing I was bringing up is that he might choose a setup that inhibits you from using driver and 3W on most holes. You could lose any true advantage playing some strange setup?

Also, you are a 1 handicap (or even sub 1), not a 1.3. That's a pretty big difference. I would think you can get closer to hitting pins?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

15 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Agree, and I think he's stated that his total driving distance is around 240-250 yards, so he'll definitely struggle from the tips. The thing I was bringing up is that he might choose a setup that inhibits you from using driver and 3W on most holes. You could lose any true advantage playing some strange setup?

Also, you are a 1 handicap (or even sub 1), not a 1.3. That's a pretty big difference. I would think you can get closer to hitting pins?

If you look around his old posts from 2008 he claimed only 220-225yards. 

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

5 minutes ago, SavvySwede said:

If you look around his old posts from 2008 he claimed only 220-225yards. 

Interesting. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I guess I am out.

I hate writing anyway.  I would rather play golf than write.

On a serious note, how/why do you write these nonsensical stuff as an "editor"?

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

@PEZGolf -My Googling skills are limited but I was not able to find any evidence that you are a competent golfer at all. I saw your name on no tournament results pages let alone "18 major amateur tournaments"-And I did not see your name on GHIN.

Please prove to us that you are what you say you are.-Golf is a game of honor and I do not believe you have any. Those other threads are appalling.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

4 hours ago, Abu3baid said:

Yeah, I stopped reading once it started getting ugly.. I think the moderation is one of the things I like the most here aside from the content of course.. This thread not withstanding. 

Yeah, that escalated quickly. Sweet Jesus.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

6 hours ago, iacas said:

So---PROPER GRAMMAR and spelling--------------PUNCTUATION DOES NOT matter.                                 2. Okay, GOOD to know.                        3. I think-------------no, knew------------ we all suspected as much.

But seriously, Mitch… what's the point of this thread? I've asked you to stop talking about "The Golf News" here. You're not paying to advertise it here.

So, what's the point of this thread?

P.S. I'm moving this to the grill room.

P.P.S. That's a stupid rule, IMO. Someone's ability to write is not linked to their ability to play golf.

It's nice to see that we can agree on something. I'm unaware of "The Golf News", but it seems silly to suggest that only an accomplished player is qualified to offer cogent commentary on golf-related matters. Whoever owns or edits "The Golf News" can implement whatever policies they choose, but why would the rest of us care?

6 hours ago, iacas said:

So---PROPER GRAMMAR and spelling--------------PUNCTUATION DOES NOT matter.                                 2. Okay, GOOD to know.                        3. I think-------------no, knew------------ we all suspected as much.

But seriously, Mitch… what's the point of this thread? I've asked you to stop talking about "The Golf News" here. You're not paying to advertise it here.

So, what's the point of this thread?

P.S. I'm moving this to the grill room.

P.P.S. That's a stupid rule, IMO. Someone's ability to write is not linked to their ability to play golf.

Lol, Damnit, that was I wanted to post. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 3040 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!