IGNORED

2016 Masters Toonamint Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 2955 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 minutes ago, Shindig said:

... and Rory loses two shots to Jordan in two holes. 

What just happened on #15 green?  Someone's ball rolled into the water from the wind?

Yup Billy Horschel lol

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Spieth is all over the place off the tee and gained 2 shots.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What a lucky break for Jordan with bouncing off the spectator area.  Far better than hitting someone, not as nice as hitting the green.

Also, the "auto-merge for replies" feature is great for threads like this -- thanks to whoever got that going. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Bryson is getting frustrated, him and Lowry and blowing up on the front 9.  Horschel got a really bad break, can't believe it rolled right off the green into the water.  

Joe Paradiso

... and Rory's followed suit (#4 tee shot)

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Well at least the luck was shared a bit on that hole!

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Good lord, must be nice for Rory and Spieth to have backboards in the bleachers. Hell I might manage to avoid a snowman on that hole if I had the bleachers as well.

I really don't like how this is going for Rory. Jordan is all over the place, pulling and slicing and yet he is 2up on the day to Rory and they already played one of the toughest holes (#1). Not good for Rory at all. He needs to wake up quick.

3 minutes ago, RJH999 said:

Of course he almost hits it into the stands but it bounces off.

Watch him get up and down from there...

The dude has been getting lucky and you some of that to don a green jacket.

Just now, RJH999 said:

Also I really get tired of this bullshit "Augusta lore and magic" type garbage.

http://deadspin.com/how-augusta-national-became-golfs-north-korea-1709794444

With you there, dude. Enough to love about The Masters without turning it mythologizing it.

• Upvote 2

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Damn, that was good from Rors - so close!

Hold up, I thought that bunker wasn't in play... Jason Day just hasn't read the previews - monster drive!day.png

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

A hook should be the bad miss for Rory with his swing path. It's like Bryson's interview yesterday when he was asked about the 18th's tee shot. He just said, "I pulled it". Golfers can hit bad shots. It's not like Brandel never hit a bad shot in his golfing career ;)  

Not to mention the gusts are messing with the swings probably almost as much as the ball flight.

1 hour ago, ChrisP said:

Oosthuizen in the club house at +4 shooting a 71. Gonna sound crazy, but he may have a shot come tomorrow. Not gonna be a lot of guys ahead of him. My guess is that will be around 11th or 12th place by day's end, maybe 5 off lead.

You could be right. Snedeker bears watching in the wind too.

13 minutes ago, jbishop15 said:

With you there, dude. Enough to love about The Masters without turning it mythologizing it.

Agree.

Edited by natureboy

Kevin

11 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Yeah, he looked like he was anchoring to me, too.  I didn't check all that carefully though.  Remember that long putters are legal;  it's the anchoring stroke that isn't. 

His left hand in not touching his chest,therefor his is not anchoring it..He is pushing the limits though, as it is so close to his chest. I'm sure the network camera's are waiting for the chance to call hum out.

5 minutes ago, b101 said:

Damn, that was good from Rors - so close!

Hold up, I thought that bunker wasn't in play... Jason Day just hasn't read the previews - monster drive!day.png

That is just plain absurd. I need to find a new sport to play.

JD needed to hit that putt. He may not get an easier birdie look today.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

5 minutes ago, Natural Patrick said:

His left hand in not touching his chest,therefor his is not anchoring it..He is pushing the limits though, as it is so close to his chest. I'm sure the network camera's are waiting for the chance to call hum out.

He anchors on his practice strokes and then lifts it slightly off his chest for the real stroke

11 minutes ago, RJH999 said:

Also I really get tired of this bullshit "Augusta lore and magic" type garbage.

http://deadspin.com/how-augusta-national-became-golfs-north-korea-1709794444

Is this the only course on tour, that has absolutely no Rough?

1 hour ago, Natural Patrick said:

Pretty impressive, isn't he like 63 years of age or something like that?

They just said 58, my bad.

Note: This thread is 2955 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!