IGNORED

2016 Masters Toonamint Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 2932 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

A lot of golfers were asked about Bryson and his quirkiness. The thing I got out of it is how most of the golfers don't have or don't want the in depth knowledge about why things happen like Bryson wants to know. 

Rickie was saying how Bryson would talk about how the putt breaks by how much because of gravity, the amount of slope, ect... Rickie said, "I just go up and hit the ball".

Phil quoted Dustin Johnson in saying he could hit those single length irons. Phil said Dustin made the comment that he can't listen to Bryson and Phil talk about all that technical stuff anymore because he will end up shooting a 90 this week. 

Just an interesting look in what the PGA Tour players want to know. Some just don't want to know they just want to feel it out and figure out what works best for their game. I am sure like Phil, he want's the details. 

2 minutes ago, RJH999 said:

Bubba Watson apparently has a sinus infection, which is great and hilarious.

That's not a nice thing to say. I get sinus infections seasonally and they are not fun. :~(

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

34 minutes ago, RJH999 said:

Did he blame his caddy? :-P Sorry, I had to go there! 

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

51 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

A lot of golfers were asked about Bryson and his quirkiness. The thing I got out of it is how most of the golfers don't have or don't want the in depth knowledge about why things happen like Bryson wants to know. 

Rickie was saying how Bryson would talk about how the putt breaks by how much because of gravity, the amount of slope, ect... Rickie said, "I just go up and hit the ball".

Phil quoted Dustin Johnson in saying he could hit those single length irons. Phil said Dustin made the comment that he can't listen to Bryson and Phil talk about all that technical stuff anymore because he will end up shooting a 90 this week. 

Just an interesting look in what the PGA Tour players want to know. Some just don't want to know they just want to feel it out and figure out what works best for their game. I am sure like Phil, he want's the details. 

That's not a nice thing to say. I get sinus infections seasonally and they are not fun. :~(

Bryson's going to be a great teacher of the game someday. Unfortunately, that means I fear his brain won't hold up to the grind of tour life.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

2 hours ago, skydog said:

As an aside, I watched the '86 documentary last night on GC. I thought it was well done and definitely worth watching. For those who didn't see it, I'm sure GC will re-air it a thousand times.

You can watch the full round here.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

4 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

You can watch the full round here.

Seve Ballesteros eagles the 8th hole to take the lead, and CBS apparently doesn't capture it on tape. 1986 might as well have been the Stone Age.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

2 hours ago, skydog said:

As an aside, I watched the '86 documentary last night on GC. I thought it was well done and definitely worth watching. For those who didn't see it, I'm sure GC will re-air it a thousand times.

YES SIR!  Great documentary. 

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

I'm a bit disappointed in Jordan Spieth. Cakebread Chardonnay is excellent, very buttery. But you don't serve it with Texas Barbecue! Geez! The Cab is OK. But he should have gone with a great Zinfandel or Syrah at least. Something with some body! 

Kid these days!

JS-Dinner-Menu.jpg

Scott

My Swing Thread

15 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I'm a bit disappointed in Jordan Spieth. Cakebread Chardonnay is excellent, very buttery. But you don't serve it with Texas Barbecue! Geez! The Cab is OK. But he should have gone with a great Zinfandel or Syrah at least. Something with some body! 

Kid these days!

Or just go with Grappa to really get things started.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

2 hours ago, RJH999 said:

If you found that hilarious, you should see his reaction to Webb Simpson's hole in one in the Par three contest. Completely ignores Webb giving him a hug. Such a jerk...

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

11 minutes ago, pumaAttack said:

Or just go with Grappa to really get things started.

Well that would go with the dessert.

Scott

My Swing Thread

20 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Kid these days!

JS-Dinner-Menu.jpg

Boogie, I'll take the Caymus Napa Valley Reserve Cabernet over any Syrah or Zinfendel.  Never thought of a Zin as a full-bodied wine.  And I'm not a huge of a Syrah, never really thought them as hearty as a Cab either.  I guess it all depends on what you like.  

Cabernet Sauvignon – The quintessential full bodied red, Cabernet Sauvignon has universal appeal to vintners, critics, and consumers. The grape produces a high amount of sugars and tannins, which result in ample alcohol and protection against oxidation. This combination usually produces long-lasting, full-bodied wines with rich flavors and textures. Cabernet Sauvignon produces an array of aromas including black currant, black cherry, eucalyptus, cedar, and tobacco. These characteristics made the wine quite food friendly, another reason for its attractiveness.

Syrah – Following closely behind Cabernet Sauvignon on the full bodied red wine popularity list is Syrah, or Shiraz as it is known in Australia.   In much of the old world, Syrah is used in red blends, its largesse often softened by its blending partners.  However, in Australia, and much of California, Syrah frequently stands by itself, yielding full-bodied wines full of fruit and aromas of black pepper, dark berries, chocolate, violets and espresso.

• Upvote 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

3 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

Boogie, I'll take the Caymus Napa Valley Reserve Cabernet over any Syrah or Zinfendel.  Never thought of a Zin as a full-bodied wine.  And I'm not a huge of a Syrah, never really thought them as hearty as a Cab either.  I guess it all depends on what you like.  

Cabernet Sauvignon – The quintessential full bodied red, Cabernet Sauvignon has universal appeal to vintners, critics, and consumers. The grape produces a high amount of sugars and tannins, which result in ample alcohol and protection against oxidation. This combination usually produces long-lasting, full-bodied wines with rich flavors and textures. Cabernet Sauvignon produces an array of aromas including black currant, black cherry, eucalyptus, cedar, and tobacco. These characteristics made the wine quite food friendly, another reason for its attractiveness.

Syrah – Following closely behind Cabernet Sauvignon on the full bodied red wine popularity list is Syrah, or Shiraz as it is known in Australia.   In much of the old world, Syrah is used in red blends, its largesse often softened by its blending partners.  However, in Australia, and much of California, Syrah frequently stands by itself, yielding full-bodied wines full of fruit and aromas of black pepper, dark berries, chocolate, violets and espresso.

Zin has spicy notes and pairs well with 'cue. I like them all BTW. :-)

Scott

My Swing Thread

7 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Zin has spicy notes and pairs well with 'cue. I like them all BTW. :-)

I do like a couple of Zins, but one wine that doesn't get a lot of pub, which has really peppery notes is a Primitivo, the original Zinfandel grape from Europe. 

Sobon Primitivo Reserve is an excellent one for around 24.  I think this is even a little heartier than the Zin.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

16 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

Agree with the Cab.  And he should've sprung for the 2007.  He can afford it!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Just now, David in FL said:

Agree with the Cab.  And he should've sprung for the 2007.  He can afford it!

I might have gone with an Opus One. Although if money was no object I would buy one of these: Chappellet Cabernet Sauvignoin Pritchard Hill Napa 2009 - $1,299 bottle

-Jerry

1 hour ago, Chilli Dipper said:

Bryson's going to be a great teacher of the game someday. Unfortunately, that means I fear his brain won't hold up to the grind of tour life.

He gave a good interview at The Masters yesterday, seems like a smart, nice kid.  I can see how some, like Bubba, will scoff at his scientific approach to the game.  Some of his answers led me to think he's not feeling comfortable around the pro's yet and he's trying to say the right things in hopes of fitting in better.  

He has potential to change the way the game is viewed from an equipment side but he has a long way to go.  

Joe Paradiso

10 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

He gave a good interview at The Masters yesterday, seems like a smart, nice kid.  I can see how some, like Bubba, will scoff at his scientific approach to the game.  Some of his answers led me to think he's not feeling comfortable around the pro's yet and he's trying to say the right things in hopes of fitting in better.  

He has potential to change the way the game is viewed from an equipment side but he has a long way to go.  

I think he is going to be a star.  I would expect him to make the cut and wouldn't be surprised at at top 10.

Note: This thread is 2932 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!