IGNORED

Presidential Race 2016

iacas
Note: This thread is 2875 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Who do you want to see as our next President?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you vote for as our next President?

• Hillary Clinton (D)
    • Bernie Sanders (D)
    • Donald Trump (R)
    • Ted Cruz (R)

One problem these silly conflicts are instantly latched on to by Trump's campaign and it's a 24 hour headlines reel. He loves it, slow pitch fodder that buries his fellow republican candidates further under his wheels while he rides the momentum to the convention.

There has been months of it and they keep lobbing it to him. It's like don't want to admit it won't work in this cycle. People are in denial. Dig up mud on Cruz he twitches and squirms crying foul Sling it on Trump and he grabs it and runs a touchdown. Then after giving it a week of overkill attention his detractors have the nerve to say he still hasn't said anything of substance. He never will and doesn't need to as long as they feed him headlines and eat from his hand.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not a lot of delegate battles in the upcoming weeks (spring break!) so it will be interesting to see what "baggage" comes out.

They have to stay in the news and since theres no votes, the stories will turn to personal issues...

Edited by pumaAttack

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

30 minutes ago, Lihu said:

In the video clip it looked like he held his hand out to avoid bumping into her. The now former reporter for Breitbart is likely politically motivated in her charges against him. :doh:

It looks to me like he did take her arm and separated/manuvered her from Trump.  Doesn't appear to be any more than that.  Still, seems like the Trump campaign should be more active in using hired security in a more visible manner to avoid attendees from putting themselves in the position of being falsely accused......(as well as making it harder for any idiots to actually assault people because they are over excited and low brow)

Bill - 

39 minutes ago, Elmer said:

I saw the interview this morning. How anyone can continue to insist to vote for this clown is baffling to me. 
Refering to a assualt charge against his Campaign Manager by a reporter, Trump said:

"practically nothing happened."

She was "hardly even touched."

"Her face wasn’t that of a woman screaming in pain,"

And his response is to counter charge the reporter. How will he handle laws and incidents when he is POTUS.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/03/30/donald-trump-continues-to-stand-by-corey-lewandowskis-side/

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-threatens-legal-action-charge-campaign-manager/story?id=38024496

Furthermore, for those who insist he will make changes when he is POTUS, that all depends on what his opinion is for that day!

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/full-list-donald-trump-s-rapidly-changing-policy-positions-n547801

He keeps it up and he is antics are just giving Kaisch the GOP nomination 

Someone falsely accused one of his top people of a crime. The video clearly shows no crime took place. She was warned to stop grabbing Trump by Secret Service, she was trying to bait Trump into doing something to her. So his campaign manager pulled her away by the arm and everyone carried on. She made no reaction at all that it even hurt. Fraud.

I love that Trump stands up for his people. That's the kind of leader you want. Anyone else would be asking for the guy's resignation, but this is different. Trump is loyal, and he should be. If you don't fight back against these sort of false accusations you just invite more of them to happen. He will fight this all the way, Corey did nothing wrong and shouldn't face any repercussions. 

Kasich will not win the nomination. His campaign serves no purpose other than to try to deny Trump enough delegates. He should quit and go back to running Ohio. 

We haven't heard the last of the Cruz sex scandal either. Cruz has not denied the allegations, very telling. The truth will eventually come out. The GOP is making a fool of themselves by trying to undermine Trump. 

- Mark

1 minute ago, rehmwa said:

It looks to me like he did take her arm and separated/manuvered her from Trump.  Doesn't appear to be any more than that.  Still, seems like the Trump campaign should be more active in using hired security in a more visible manner to avoid attendees from putting themselves in the position of being falsely accused......

Sometimes that's the only way to get away from a pushy reporter, and that pretty much describes most of them.  From what I saw in the video, nothing at all was done that would have bruised a normal person.  

The charge is "unwanted touching", which sounds pretty stupid and tacky to me anyway.  That could happen if you bumped into someone on the subway.  If she didn't want to be touched, then she should have backed off when Trump and company tried to walk away from her.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

To say nothing of her stampeding through a crowd trying to get a scoop, word or whatever. She tried to make something out of nothing and no matter how poorly the Trump campaign handles it she looks like the trouble maker. She getting slammed on social media, lost her job and he twists it into a story nobody can stop talking about. People forget this is a guy that said he could should someone and not lose voters. I can hear his guffaw from here.

Dave :-)

22 minutes ago, rehmwa said:

It looks to me like he did take her arm and separated/manuvered her from Trump.  Doesn't appear to be any more than that.  Still, seems like the Trump campaign should be more active in using hired security in a more visible manner to avoid attendees from putting themselves in the position of being falsely accused......(as well as making it harder for any idiots to actually assault people because they are over excited and low brow)

They have secret service agents helping them and they concurred with Trump's version of what happened.

http://www.wnd.com/2016/03/secret-service-source-breitbart-reporter-touched-trump/

“She crossed in between agents and our protectee after being told not to,” the agent reportedly told the Daily Mail.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

1 hour ago, Lihu said:

In the video clip it looked like he held his hand out to avoid bumping into her.

The video confirms what the story says:

But videotape from Mr. Trump’s own golf club, where the news conference occurred, showed that Mr. Lewandowski grabbed her arm and pulled her back from the candidate.

But that's not really the issue here, just like any transgression of any celebrity is almost never the issue.  It's the lie that follows.  If the dude just originally said what he's saying now, (she ignored requests to stay back, I just wanted to keep her away from Trump) and maybe even threw in a half-hearted apology (I didn't mean to grab her hard), this wouldn't be a story at all.  But it sounds like he only went to that story after the video came out showing that his original story saying he didn't touch her, she's delusional was proven false.

Just now, Golfingdad said:

But that's not really the issue here, just like any transgression of any celebrity is almost never the issue.  It's the lie that follows.  If the dude just originally said what he's saying now, (she ignored requests to stay back, I just wanted to keep her away from Trump) and maybe even threw in a half-hearted apology (I didn't mean to grab her hard), this wouldn't be a story at all.  But it sounds like he only went to that story after the video came out showing that his original story saying he didn't touch her, she's delusional was proven false.

The way it looked, I would guess that he just automatically pulled her away. He probably didn't remember doing until it was shown on tape.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

13 minutes ago, Lihu said:

The way it looked, I would guess that he just automatically pulled her away. He probably didn't remember doing until it was shown on tape.

That won't fly because he clearly knows who she is:

He denied touching her, posting on Twitter that she was “delusional” and pointing to other episodes in which she has been involved in controversies.

I should stress that I'm not trying to defend a pushy and annoying reporter, I'm just saying that this guy did what they all do - lied until he was shown the tape - and doesn't deserve to be let off the hook.  I don't know what he really needs to do (other than maybe apologize), but pretending that he didn't do anything isn't helping anybody.

Just now, Golfingdad said:

I should stress that I'm not trying to defend a pushy and annoying reporter, I'm just saying that this guy did what they all do - lied until he was shown the tape - and doesn't deserve to be let off the hook.  I don't know what he really needs to do (other than maybe apologize), but pretending that he didn't do anything isn't helping anybody.

All this is after the incident was shown on video. I agree that all he had to do was apologize to her.

I wouldn't defend her position either, even though I think she's really cute. :-P

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

28 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

This is the second time Lewandowski has touched someone at a rally. But I agree. If  Lewandowski had initially admitted to it, it would have gone away.

What troubles me is Trump initially said, he knew nothing about it. Then said it was not a big deal, then when showed video he blamed the women. Now he is counter pressing charges.
"Her face wasn’t that of a woman screaming in pain," 
This just strikes me as the mentality of a rapist who says "but she enjoyed it".

When does Trump act like a real leader and become accountable for his actions and those around him.
How can he run a presidency when his campaign is a elephant short of the greatest circus on earth!
He should have noted that it was handled poorly and tried to do better. Instead he blamed the women
Trump also doesnt seem to think that Tweeting an idea is tantamount to a suggestion.
The guy is like a petulant child who REFUSES to admit to an err !
That will play well with Congress, joint chiefs and world leaders!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/03/30/donald-trump-did-a-cnn-townhall-last-night-and-it-was-a-classic/

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

1 hour ago, Golfingdad said:

1 hour ago, Lihu said:

All this is after the incident was shown on video. I agree that all he had to do was apologize to her.

I wouldn't defend her position either, even though I think she's really cute. :-P

1 hour ago, Elmer said:

This is the second time Lewandowski has touched someone at a rally. But I agree. If  Lewandowski had initially admitted to it, it would have gone away.

No way do you apologize in this situation. That DOES NOT make it go away. Every single time a celeb or politician apologizes they get trounced even harder. This woman was looking for attention, she wanted to create a scene and become part of the story. She has done it before - see image below where she claimed NYPD pushed her to the ground, yet they are clearly trying to catch her. 

Lewandowski knew she was the type to do this and pulled her away before Trump did anything himself. 

You think she'd not press charges if he apologized? Ha! An apology is an admission of guilt to these type of attention seeking people. 

It also turns out that the prosecutor pressing charges is a friend of Hillary Clinton. 

Trump and Lewandowski are smart to hammer everyone who comes at them with false allegations. The second you try to appease any of these people they simply get more vicious. 

You don't play nice with these parasites, they will simply exploit you even more. 

Fields wants to prove how tough women journalists are (paraphrasing her) yet she files charges when someone grabs her arm. 

Also, who are these people voting for Cruz? Honest question. Are they simply anti-Trump votes? The guy refuses to deny rumors of affairs, yet runs on a platform of being an honest Christian. People can't see past that? 

Michelle-Fields-1.jpg

WI.JPG

- Mark

19 minutes ago, Braivo said:

No way do you apologize in this situation. That DOES NOT make it go away. Every single time a celeb or politician apologizes they get trounced even harder.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one.  My go-to example on this kind of thing is the baseball steroids scandal a few years ago.  Specifically, the BALCO scandal and how Jason Giambi and Barry Bonds both handled it and were sebsequently treated my the media, the government, and the public.

Giambi admitted under oath and then apologized and for all intents and purposes, that was the end of it.  In fact, he turned into a bit of a role model because of it, and the juxtaposition of his response versus others.  Bonds, on the other hand, was put through the ringer for years on end for his denials.

I realize it's one anecdote, but it's I believe it's telling.  The public in general is very forgiving when asked.  Not so much when they believe they're being treated like dummies.

2 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one.  My go-to example on this kind of thing is the baseball steroids scandal a few years ago.  Specifically, the BALCO scandal and how Jason Giambi and Barry Bonds both handled it and were sebsequently treated my the media, the government, and the public.

Giambi admitted under oath and then apologized and for all intents and purposes, that was the end of it.  In fact, he turned into a bit of a role model because of it, and the juxtaposition of his response versus others.  Bonds, on the other hand, was put through the ringer for years on end for his denials.

I realize it's one anecdote, but it's I believe it's telling.  The public in general is very forgiving when asked.  Not so much when they believe they're being treated like dummies.

There's a difference though, Lewandowski apology would be to a person who was purposely trying to create an incident, the steroid stuff was personal transgressions with no aggressor. Big difference. 

- Mark

Maybe the reporter should apologize.....

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

42 minutes ago, 14ledo81 said:

Maybe the reporter should apologize.....

Perhaps, but we're only talking about this from a PR perspective.  Nobody really cares much about the reporter in the sense that she is not the right hand woman of somebody aiming for the most important job in the country.  Her boss isn't a few months away from having to court votes from, and appeal to, the entire country

Note: This thread is 2875 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!