IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge May 2016

iacas
Note: This thread is 2911 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hour at range. Took video of slow motion A4 to A6, followed by full swing. Too bright out to review video as i went, but hopefully will upload soon to my swing thread and see if I'm able to shallow the club more on the downswing at near full speed. It has been a couple solid weeks without going full speed with my swing, so hopefully some of the work has bled over. If not, more slow motion work, but I'll likely also do more full speed work now to get the proper feel. Now that the rain is subsiding, I think I can get outside more. It really felt awkward sped up (and I'm sure much of the form broke down), but I keep telling myself that's normal.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Practiced for about 30 minutes hitting an 8 iron into the net.  Today is just "one of those days".  I was not really happy with how any of my swings looked on video.  My lower body too far forward, not in a great position (even by my low standards) at the top.  A couple days ago I had actually managed to get a little bit of that illusion (in a front-on video) that I am starting my downswing with my club still going back.  Not today - not at all.  The "turn around jumpshot" I felt a few days ago was gone, too - the best I could muster was a little . "turn around and peak out the window" type move, lol. 

No sense beating it into the ground - we try again tomorrow. 

52 minutes ago, MiddleTees said:

At the range today mapping wedges and new pitching technique and doing slow mo My tee shot drill.

What camera do you use? Trying to find an affordable slo mo camera. 

Stopped at the course and putted for about 30 minutes.  I tried focusing on the shorter putts: at or inside 3'.  I made the effort to line up the putt using the alignment arrow on the ball and then give it a good swing.  

I may do some full swings in the backyard after dinner.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

4 hours ago, CoachCad8 said:

What camera do you use? Trying to find an affordable slo mo camera. 

The Sony Action Cam has 240fps is relatively cheap, but not as good resolution as my iPhone in 240fps. You'd also need to get the Sony 95mb/sec R and W memory. The cheaper ones that are 90mb/sec R and 80mb/sec W I bought don't work at faster frame rates only 1080p 30fps.

For some reason I had though my iPhone 6S plus was only 120fps. After discovering this fact, I started to design a stand for it. I'm making a stand holder for my iPhone with the external case. Just have to decide if I want to play more rounds in my spare time or design this holder. I have a couple 3D printers, and would really hate to waste money buying one.  :-P

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Even though I'm way out of the running for this month, I want to be in the habit of logging my practice.

Today I was at the range for the first time in many many weeks.  Fortunately, from my last lesson, I maintained a set of what I had to work on, and went back to that: being a few degrees back at setup so I can move forward to the ball, and turning my left shoulder past center and towards my right shoulder to get my hands up.  I also had some where I'd swing and stop short of the ball, rewind to A4 or A5, and then finish, focusing on getting forward and open.

I hit 30 balls focusing on this, roughly 15&15 on whether it was a full swing or stopped, rewound, and hit from A4 or A5

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Tied up at conference at work all day.

Got away to my office at end of day and did some A1-A4 motion drills, using my door glass as a mirror. Worked 10 minutes.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

I'm working on my putting. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Had a baseline swing analysis with video (which I am trying to get my hands on for a my swing thread). 

Hi, My name is Matt.

21 hours ago, Lihu said:

So, the main issue now is that the half swings look more like full swings because I turn my hips and shoulders all the way back. So, instead of doing pure half swings, I take it to the top from A3 and back down to A6 really slowly. Taking it back down from the top to A6 is purely moving the hips and letting my hips initiate the movement with a lateral slide forward then rotation almost in sequence. I'm still playing around with the exact "timing" in slow motion. Once I get to A6 I make my usual half swing using purely the hip rotation to get through impact. Still work in progress.

Doing more of these. It seems to helping me with my timing as well.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

10 minutes mirror work on A4 to 5 transition. I need to relax my wrists more. In yestereday's film session, I had success with the transition when I relaxed more and the shaft flattened.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

15 minutes hitting stray range balls prior to round. Used driver, long iron, mid-iron, and short iron, and really focused on not getting as steep from A4. The driver felt decent in the practice swings, but proved to be the toughest to make solid contact with.

But onward to the course and played a fast round with 2 partners. Ugly scoring round, as I was push/slicing and unable to correct it. But I stuck with it, thinking I could correct it with better hip rotation or hand motions coming through. Nope. Was wild right all day. Back to the mirror and range for a while!

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Played 18 and shot best score this year so far, 106 on 66.8/114 whit tees, Norway CC.

Best results using new pitching technique picked up on TST, Quckie pitching video.

Back at home doing more slow mo My tee shot drill and pitching inside barn using net.

Under construction, signature and game.

Actually got outside on a sunny day.

Went to the gym and got in some abdominals and elliptical machine. Then, I headed for the course and got in about 40 minutes of practice. Just trying to get timing feel with school benefit scramble coming up Monday.

Started out with short punches, and then some 7i shots at target green. Got some really good high shots when I relaxed my right side at set-up.

Hit some shots with my new driver: 2 pulls, 6 nice high draws, 4 all-over sprays; took a break and reassessed; finished up with 4 nice high draws. On clean hits, I'm 20 yards better than old driver, with better control.

Finished up hitting partial wedges from mid-level to upper-level of practice tee. Tried rough, fairway and tight lies. All depends on good turn-through on downswing.

Takeaways:

• Flat left wrist at address. Helps line everything up.
  • Relax right hand/arm at set-up, light grip pressure. This helps inside-out downswing.
  • I can feel the "3/4" swing position now at top - keeps me in balance, allows smooth downswing. I get good power on ball and finish pretty much in balance.

Next week I get to really launch my golf season. I've only played twice since my early March trip to Myrtle Beach.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

lesson today.  We are working on getting me to release the club.  Some days I do it and hit the ball decently, other days not so much.  This is truly a frustrating game.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Note: This thread is 2911 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!