Note: This thread is 2786 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

To play with GAME GOLF Live Leaderboards (FREE!)

Step 1: Download the GAME GOLF app
iPhone: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/game-golf-gps-tracker-rangefinder/id682389516?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.gameyourgame.game

Step 2 (for new users): Watch this tutorial to learn what GAME GOLF is about and how to use the app
iPhone: https://gamegolf.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2063184-video-full-tutorial-and-other-insights?b_id=7261
Android: http://support.gamegolf.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2072722-video-manual-entering-a-round---free-version?b_id=7357

Step 3: Ask everyone to watch the video at the top of this post and give it a run! GAME on!

GAME GOLF IS THE FIRST DEVICE TO MAKE MANUAL SCORECARDS A THING OF THE PAST

San Francisco, July 18, 2016 – Are you tired of trying to round up and write down the scores in your foursome after every golf hole? Launching today, GAME GOLF has upgraded its system with the world’s first full-round Live Leaderboard that brings tournament-quality, automatic shot tracking to amateur golfers. The system is now able to instantly record every shot taken by you and your golfing buddies and electronically track your scores in the most popular game formats. 

The new Live Leaderboard works with the award-winning golf shot tracker, GAME GOLF LIVE, and the GAME GOLF App. On the GAME GOLF App,  one golfer chooses the course and type of game the group will play (stroke play, match play or team variations of both, with more games to come in the future); then invites his golfing buddies to join, via the App, his/her phone’s address book or players in the GAME GOLF system.. The other golfers accept and start playing their round, tagging shots to the LIVE device or App as they normally would. At the end of each hole, players can pull up the Live Leaderboard to see everyone’s scores, automatically tracked and updated as they move through the course, along with all of the stats on their own shots. 

“Nearly every player has mentioned that if they didn’t have to record their scores they could just play and have fun,” said John McGuire, CEO of GAME GOLF. “We are the only system that requires no manual entry of information; and unlike some other devices, we track the entire round, not just the activity with your driver. We have freed you to concentrate on your game and enjoy playing with your friends.”  

The Live Leaderboard has several features that allow for seamless play. It automatically accounts for handicaps among the players that are loaded into the GAME GOLF system. If a player drops out after nine holes of play, they can easily be removed from the game, while maintaining the other players’ scores. All stat-tracking and display features of GAME GOLF LIVE and the App operate as usual. Editing while in play remains very easy. Users can easily move through screens that show the Leaderboard, or can jump to particular holes or examine particular club statistics.  When the round is complete, golfers can share scores and bragging rights through social media.

An additional upgrade is an enhanced rangefinder. “We have removed the toggle button, so now players quickly tap and hold to display the rangefinder and can zoom to 2x the rangefinder’s scope,” added McGuire. 

In the past month, GAME GOLF LIVE also added features that put the device at the top of the technological pack when it comes to analyzing your game the way the pros do, including a new Pin Placement feature that allows golfers to zoom in on each green and drag the pin to its precise location, and new Auto Hole-Switching which tracks a golfer’s movements from hole to hole, automatically updating the system.

Winner of a Golf Digest 2016 Editor’s Choice Award for Best Game Analyzers and the only wearable analyzer on the Golf Range Association of America (GRAA) annual list of “2016 Top 25 Teaching and Training Aids,” the GAME GOLF App is free and can be downloaded to any iOS or Android phone or smart watch (Apple & Pebble, Android coming soon). Special summer pricing allows golfers to pick up GAME GOLF LIVE for $249 US MSRP (regularly priced at $299) at GAMEGOLF.com, in golf specialty shops and more than 800 green grass pro shops; and on #AmazonLaunchpad. For more information or to view videos of GAME GOLF in action, visit GAMEGOLF.com or follow us on Facebook and Twitter at @GAMEGOLF and on Instagram at @GAME_GOLF, #GAMEGOLF.

http://www.gamegolf.com/products/en-us/gamegolf?s=compete&v=f67cc7f

GAME GOLF New Live Leaderboard iPhone-6-Match 50%.pngGAME GOLF New Live Leaderboard iPhone-6-Round Setup-4-Players 50%.pngGAME GOLF New Live Leaderboard on iPhone-6-Net 50%.png

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So let me get this right-You have to be playing in the same group on the same course at the same time, or else it does not work?

If so what kind of feature is that?-Why do you need to use a phone to know that you got a 4 and Bob got a 5 and thus you won the hole?

A great feature-Would be if they let you compete against someone at another course playing at about the same time or something, or have a tournament amongst 16 friends playing all over the world on the same day or something.

This-I do not understand the point of this.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

34 minutes ago, Phil McGleno said:

So let me get this right-You have to be playing in the same group on the same course at the same time, or else it does not work?

If so what kind of feature is that?-Why do you need to use a phone to know that you got a 4 and Bob got a 5 and thus you won the hole?

A great feature-Would be if they let you compete against someone at another course playing at about the same time or something, or have a tournament amongst 16 friends playing all over the world on the same day or something.

This-I do not understand the point of this.

I tend to agree. The idea of this is solid, but the end implentation is poor. Poor might not be the right word, maybe room for improvement. This has some promise if you could compete in a tournament with multiple groups. We play in an outing in Palm Springs every year and some of the guys are driving all over the place in the cart trying to check on other groups and how they stand. Having something like this with a real time leaderboard would be very cool.  

Michael

Do some of you like using your phone as a scorecard during a round?

I have tried using my phone to record my hole by hole score and I've tried using it as a gps rangefinder.  I just don't like the hassle.  Using a pencil and scorecard is quick and easy.

12 minutes ago, mchepp said:

I tend to agree. The idea of this is solid, but the end implentation is poor. Poor might not be the right word, maybe room for improvement. This has some promise if you could compete in a tournament with multiple groups. We play in an outing in Palm Springs every year and some of the guys are driving all over the place in the cart trying to check on other groups and how they stand. Having something like this with a real time leaderboard would be very cool.  

As currently implemented it is a lame feature IMO.-My thought is that they are just building toward something else, but why make a video for it?

It would be better if:

1. It was not limited to one foursome. If I could play an actual tournament using the Game Golf platform to do real-time scoring that might be cool and something my members would definitely download the app to do. Especially for shotgun starts because they will essentially be live.
  2. You could at least do other forms of betting games-Or the app did a lot of betting games. Nassaus, presses, bingo/bango/bongo, whatever. Make it a great betting game app so people do not have to keep track-It does not even do SKINS amirite?-and it would have more appeal.
  • Upvote 1

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

9 minutes ago, Phil McGleno said:

As currently implemented it is a lame feature IMO.-My thought is that they are just building toward something else, but why make a video for it?

It would be better if:

1. It was not limited to one foursome. If I could play an actual tournament using the Game Golf platform to do real-time scoring that might be cool and something my members would definitely download the app to do. Especially for shotgun starts because they will essentially be live.
  2. You could at least do other forms of betting games-Or the app did a lot of betting games. Nassaus, presses, bingo/bango/bongo, whatever. Make it a great betting game app so people do not have to keep track-It does not even do SKINS amirite?-and it would have more appeal.

Yes, keeping track of those games would be good.  And, link it to something like paypal so the payoffs are automated at the end of the round.  It would be nice to eliminate the collection process at the end of the round that occasionally can be awkward.  I've been stiffed before when someone says, "I don't have any cash on me".  It's always small stakes for me, less than $40, sometimes much less, but it is still annoying.  Give me all that and it would be worth scoring on a phone.

17 minutes ago, Phil McGleno said:

It would be better if:

I agree, plus having to be on the same course really limits the fun and usefulness of it.  I can imagine the looks I'd get if I told my buddies to spend $200+ each so we can use the leaderboard feature instead of the free scorecard and pencil.  

If friends could play different courses, have the app account for different course handicaps and provide gross and net scores I'd use the feature all the time.  

Joe Paradiso

17 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

I agree, plus having to be on the same course really limits the fun and usefulness of it.

The same course playing the same holes at the same time actually.

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

I can imagine the looks I'd get if I told my buddies to spend $200+ each so we can use the leaderboard feature instead of the free scorecard and pencil.  

You can use the free app. :-) That's part of the reason I added the word "FREE" in the first post.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

16 minutes ago, Phil McGleno said:

The same course playing the same holes at the same time actually.

Even worse, thanks for the clarification

Joe Paradiso

I LOVE the Game Golf classic, but I have no desire to use my phone to track stats or scoring or penalties or anything during the round. One of the reasons I like GG so much is that it's completely mindless - I don't even notice it's there while on the course.

My friends all use the Grint app to do what GG describes here, but I've never liked it.

Personally, I'd rather GG spend effort on refining their "core" product rather than features that require smart phone use...BUT, I can definitely understand that this is a growth area and I'm probably in the minority.

- John

I actually used this, this last week. It was pretty cool, we used the stroke play but I think for skins it might be better. Either way you can set it to calculate the score with your handicap so it evens things out for everyone.

On 07/29/2016 at 2:32 PM, No Mulligans said:

Do some of you like using your phone as a scorecard during a round?

I have tried using my phone to record my hole by hole score and I've tried using it as a gps rangefinder.  I just don't like the hassle.  Using a pencil and scorecard is quick and easy.

I always keep score on my phone. Not a problem. I also use gg however I miss a tag now and again. GG is great but I don't like using my phone for tagging. I tried once and it was all glitchy and confusing. Maybe I will try another time.

I really should have tried this current offering this weekend since I played with a friend  that had that had game golf. I had previously tried to get into this mode and couldn't seem to figure it out on my phone. I haven't had much patience trying to figure it out so I just decided not to use it.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

My friend and I tried this on Saturday for the first time. He was in the group in front of me, so it was cool to know what skins were good or cut after each hole. He has my original game golf tags so he had to use the phone app to use the live leader board feature. While it was cool, I dont think I would use it much because we were in a game with 3 other foursomes and not everyone is keen on using phones on the course or have the patience to tap shots on a phone. Overall a cool feature, however. 

• Upvote 1

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

2 hours ago, kpaulhus said:

My friend and I tried this on Saturday for the first time. He was in the group in front of me, so it was cool to know what skins were good or cut after each hole. 

That's cool. I thought that the players had to be in the same foursome. Or is it just that it's limited to four players?

- John

• Administrator
41 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

That's cool. I thought that the players had to be in the same foursome. Or is it just that it's limited to four players?

If you start it at about the same time it must trick it well enough.

12 hours ago, iacas said:

If you start it at about the same time it must trick it well enough.

Yeah we were both on the first tee together and he just went off 7-10 mins before me, so we were never too far apart. 

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

• iacas unfeatured and unpinned this topic
Note: This thread is 2786 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!