IGNORED

Trump Courses - Would You Pay to Play One Now?

Note: This thread is 1522 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

No, I would not play a Trump course. Thanks for asking!

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

What if it was free?

I would still pass. Nothing is free.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

(edited)

The topic seems to be catching on:

Morrie Gold is not a placard-waving political protester. He is a 69-year-old retired doctor in Pennsylvania.

But he recently participated in a quiet act of rebellion: He and 11 golfing buddies canceled their annual trip to a Florida resort owned by Donald J. Trump to express their disgust with his remarks about women, immigrants and minorities.

“For me,” Mr. Gold said, “it’s an ethical statement.”....

...The amount of money is not always small. Before they rebooked at a rival golf resort nearby, Mr. Gold and his friends had planned to spend about $18,000 on a multiday stay at Mr. Trump’s Doral golf resort in Miami. They had played there for about 14 years, he said, long before Mr. Trump purchased and upgraded the property in 2012. “It’s a beautiful place,” Mr. Gold said with a sigh.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/18/us/politics/donald-trump-brand-reaction.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Fus&action=click&contentCollection=us&region=stream&module=stream_unit&version=latest&contentPlacement=29&pgtype=sectionfront&_r=0

Edited by metaswinger

Yes I would.   And yes, he has my vote (as this seems to be the underlying theme of this thread, with so many eluding to the fact they will not support him).

• Upvote 1

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Mark Crossfield has done course Vlogs of both Trump Turnberry and International. Worth a watch as the courses are amazing, if totally brutal as they played in what im sure the Scottish would refer to as a "light breeze".

Edited by RussUK

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

On 10/19/2016 at 6:22 AM, PLINYElder said:

I don't relate my course choices to whom owns the course. 

For the record, we have a local course, which I have refused to play for the better part of 5 years.
I find the owner to be a reprehensible individual. He has terminated family & friend in order to replace them with their lesser paid equivalent (who work nearly 80 hours a weeks, at both the course and ground grew at his apartment complexes).
He was caught stealing water from the city in order to water the course & fill the pond.
He got caught and convicted giving over the allowable political contributions to a local party. (he would gave the money to employees to donate the max to course)
The last time I was there he remarked that he only allows me to get the weekday rate as a favor to a family member. It was a Wednesday in late october and the rate for everyone was $35!
I know many people who are associated or related to this person and know a lot about "where the bodies are buried".
There have been many chances to go play & golfing buddies have invited me, but I decline.
I have not been back in at least 5 years, but he is doing well enough without me!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

2 minutes ago, Elmer said:

For the record, we have a local course, which I have refused to play for the better part of 5 years.
I find the owner to be a reprehensible individual. He has terminated family & friend in order to replace them with their lesser paid equivalent (who work nearly 80 hours a weeks, at both the course and ground grew at his apartment complexes).
He was caught stealing water from the city in order to water the course & fill the pond.
He got caught and convicted giving over the allowable political contributions to a local party. (he would gave the money to employees to donate the max to course)
The last time I was there he remarked that he only allows me to get the weekday rate as a favor to a family member. It was a Wednesday in late october and the rate for everyone was $35!
I know many people who are associated or related to this person and know a lot about "where the bodies are buried".
There have been many chances to go play & golfing buddies have invited me, but I decline.
I have not been back in at least 5 years, but he is doing well enough without me!

In that scenario, you have personal knowledge and experience with the course owner. It drives me crazy when people "Hate DT" or "Hate Hillary" yet have no firsthand experience with them. How can you hate someone that you have never met in person. I would love the opportunity to meet the Donald or Hillary to ask them questions.

- Shane

21 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

In that scenario, you have personal knowledge and experience with the course owner. It drives me crazy when people "Hate DT" or "Hate Hillary" yet have no firsthand experience with them. How can you hate someone that you have never met in person. I would love the opportunity to meet the Donald or Hillary to ask them questions.

I never met Hitler, pretty sure I hate him!
Which is why I wont go to Germany. Good thing I am not missing out on any courses there!

17 hours ago, caniac6 said:

I was not a fan of Trump prior to the campaign, and his courses are way out of my price range, so the answer is no.

I concur !!!!!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

To be fair to Trump people were pretty sceptical when he took over Doonbeg, it was a world class course and people locally were worried how it would turn out. As most golfers who visit the place will tell you, they left the course pretty much as it was and made some changes but only to the hotel/food & beverage side of things. The course is still a great play. The main ''go-to'' guy in Ireland and Scotland for golf tours is still that Dave Henry guy from henrygolf and he maintains Trump Doonbeg is still a premium course.Having said all of that I shot one of my worst ever rounds there....!!!

• Upvote 1

On October 21, 2016 at 10:23 AM, Elmer said:

I never met Hitler, pretty sure I hate him....
...Which is why I wont go to Germany

Good grief.   :doh:

• Upvote 2

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

To the OP's point, I would not play a Trump course simply because of the cost. He caters to a certain market to which I do not belong. Guess what? So does Cadillac, Lexus, Audi, Porsche, and others! That doesn't mean I hate those automobiles, or their makers.

I also won't be playing Pebble Beach, even though it is, or once was, owned by a consortium populated by Clint Eastwood and Peter Ueberroth, probably both Republicans and thus, awful, horrible, nasty people!

I also won't be playing Royal County Down in Ireland. I Googled it up out of curiosity since David Feherty mentions it so often in his essays. It's spectacular, and owned only by the society dedicated to its preservation. Then I looked at the rates and, HOLY COW! I don't care who owns it, I can't afford it!

• Upvote 1

On 10/21/2016 at 10:23 AM, Elmer said:

I never met Hitler, pretty sure I hate him!
Which is why I wont go to Germany. Good thing I am not missing out on any courses there!

I concur !!!!!

You should not travel anywhere then. Hitler in Germany. Stalin in Russia. Pol Pot in Cambodia. Castro in Cuba. Lets not forget the USA and all the bad things we have done along with many South American Countries that have had dictators. You should just stay home.... Save the world travel for us not so closed minded. 

Would I play on a Trump Course? 

Yes. Why not? I am a Golfer and I love to play different courses. I have never met Donald Trump. I have no hate for him. I will never vote for him. Gary Johnson has my vote. When I play golf I do not go asking who owns the course I am playing on. I personally do not care at all. If the course is good. Well it is good. If not I will not play there again. For the record I have never played on any of his courses but if I got around to it someday I would not be opposed to it. 

• Upvote 1

What's in the bag?
2 Iron, 3 Iron, 4 Iron, 5 Iron, 6 Iron, 7 Iron, 8 Iron, 9 Iron, PW, GW, 3 Wood, 5 Wood, Putter
Titleist Irons, Callaway Woods and a Jack Nicklaus putter. Cigars and a case of Stella.

Note: This thread is 1522 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!