IGNORED

Presidential Candidates Debate

Hacker James
Note: This thread is 2721 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
1 hour ago, phillyk said:

Too bad it's night, otherwise itd be easy to go golfing right now. Maybe i should invest in a simulator from the federal income taxes that trump wants me not to pay like himself.... Oh gosh its turning me over. Whered that drink go?!

Wealthy people pay a bunch of taxes. He pays a TON more money than you.

Never understood when people said things like that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One point that is indisputable is Hillary has been involved in politics for over 25 years, as first lady, NY State Senator and Secretary of State.  She has fully endorsed Obama and his policies.  All these issues that are being discussed (ISIS, poverty, deficit, race relations, Iran deal) are problems Obama has either inherited or created himself and he and Hillary haven't solved any of them in the last eight years, so why should any of us believe that if we elect her POTUS that she'll suddenly be capable of fixing everything as she claims.  

I'm not saying Trump is capable, but Hillary's track record speaks for itself and I'm not impressed.  

Joe Paradiso

38 minutes ago, iacas said:

Reminds me of when my buddy got a great job and began approaching six figures in income. He told me that every raise he got resulted in almost no more money in his pocket, taxes sucked it all up!

The top 2% of wage earners pay a little over 50% of the income taxes in this country, and yet they don't pay their "fair share"?

33 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

One point that is indisputable is Hillary has been involved in politics for over 25 years, as first lady, NY State Senator and Secretary of State.  She has fully endorsed Obama and his policies.  All these issues that are being discussed (ISIS, poverty, deficit, race relations, Iran deal) are problems Obama has either inherited or created himself and he and Hillary haven't solved any of them in the last eight years, so why should any of us believe that if we elect her POTUS that she'll suddenly be capable of fixing everything as she claims.  

I'm not saying Trump is capable, but Hillary's track record speaks for itself and I'm not impressed.  

Neither am I! And you were charitable in your criticism of Hillary in that you left out "Arab Spring" and Benghazi!

I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but right off the rip in the debate Hillary started out by stating how much the economy has been improving recently. Then, a few minutes later, out of the other side of her mouth, she presented her new programs designed to "get the economy moving again". Well, if things are progressing so nicely now, why would you not opt for the status quo?

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Well in this case I think the reason he said that is because Trump said he didn't pay any federal taxes.  Or at least inferred it.  @phillyk didn't just make that up, it came from the racist horses mouth.

Thanks all for continuing to behave. It has been civil so far. But remember, the mods are watching.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

Well in this case I think the reason he said that is because Trump said he didn't pay any federal taxes.  Or at least inferred it. @phillyk didn't just make that up, it came from the racist horses mouth.

The "racist horses mouth"? Not only is that bad grammar, it's poor form as well.

Wealthy people pay a shitload of taxes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

12 minutes ago, iacas said:

The "racist horses mouth"? Not only is that bad grammar, it's poor form as well.

People confuse the percentages they pay out versus the total dollars.  Wealthy people that own businesses have tax deductions that can lower their tax bracket but even at a lower bracket because of the amount of income they make it's still far beyond what others pay.  

I never got offered a job by a poor person on welfare.  

Joe Paradiso

7 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

Well in this case I think the reason he said that is because Trump said he didn't pay any federal taxes.  Or at least inferred it.  @phillyk didn't just make that up, it came from the racist horses mouth.

Specifically, his response when Hillary suggested he doesn't pay taxes wasn't "of course I pay taxes," or "I pay more than most people;" it was "that makes me smart."

Trump simply wasn't prepared to talk on that stage for 90 minutes. His mannerisms became more nervous as the night went on; some of his remarks in the second half (400-pound hackers, Rosie O'Donnell) were just plain weird; he was trying to play to the crowd with his interruptions, but the audience mostly followed the instructions to stay quiet. I actually think he hit a lot of good marks on trade, and he handled questions on his taxes much better than birtherism or Iraq, but he doesn't know how to direct the debate into topics that are his strong suit.

Despite all of that, the fact remains that Trump wasn't going to gain or lose any votes based on his debate performance; Hillary won, but Trump was merely bad, rather than a complete disaster. Whether tonight's performance was enough to move the undecideds and third-party voters in her direction, I can't say.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

8 hours ago, newtogolf said:

Steve-Carell-Facepalm.gif

31 minutes ago, iacas said:

But Trump is not one of them. Per his own statement!
Clinton stated DT paid no Federal taxes
DT: "That makes me smart".
What I found humorous was after the debate DT denied having admitted to not paying taxes.
Lastly DT is claiming he does not have the sniffles, but instead it was a bad mic!

trump_sniff-410x220.jpg

Yahoo fact checked last nights debate, if anyone is up for some light reading!

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/debate-fact-check-donald-trump-hillary-clinton-stack-014855559--abc-news-topstories.html

Edited by Elmer

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

6 minutes ago, Elmer said:

Steve-Carell-Facepalm.gif

But Trump is not one of them. Per his own statement!
Clinton stated DT paid no Federal taxes
DT: "That makes me smart".
What I found humorous was after the debate DT denied having admitted to not paying taxes.
Lastly DT is claiming he does not have the sniffles, but instead it was a bad mic!

trump_sniff-410x220.jpg

He pays payroll taxes, sales tax, state tax and most likely plenty of federal taxes throughout the year.  When you make that much money the IRS doesn't like to wait til April to collect, they make you pay quarterly.  So on his April tax return form he might not have owed anything but that doesn't mean he didn't pay.  

You can show all the gifs you like, but Hillary is at least partially responsible for the problems we have today and now suddenly she claims to have the solutions, how can you not see that she's full of crap.  

Joe Paradiso

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/may/24/hillary-clinton/hillary-clinton-claim-about-donald-trump-paying-no/

Trump pays taxes during the years he makes money and doesn't when he operates at a loss.  There is not much more to it than that.

Randal

9 minutes ago, onkey said:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/may/24/hillary-clinton/hillary-clinton-claim-about-donald-trump-paying-no/

Trump pays taxes during the years he makes money and doesn't when he operates at a loss.  There is not much more to it than that.

People (not Hillary) don't understand how the tax laws work and are easily duped by statements like the ones Hillary made.  

One can make $250,000 in their investment accounts, buying stock, but not pay a dime in taxes because the profits only get taxed when you sell the stock.  Wealthy people own investment accounts, businesses, real estate that bolster their net worth but aren't taxed on that net worth until they sell them.  

He's been audited every year for the last 15 years, if he was doing something in violation of the tax laws and not paying he'd be in jail.  Paying the minimal amount of taxes possible in accordance with the laws is smart business and you're lying to yourself if you think Bill and Hillary don't do the same.  

I laugh at all the wealthy people democrats quote who feel they need to pay more taxes but hire the best accountants in the world to make sure they pay the least.  Anyone is welcome at any time to write a check to the IRS as a gift if they feel they are not paying enough taxes, so which liberal billionaire will be the first to write one?

Joe Paradiso

The only successful thing either candidate did is Clinton baiting Trump into losing his cool. That had to be her game plan all along going into it, and she managed to pull it off. Even though I'm not sold on Clinton as i was Obama over Romney or McCain, I'm not having any part in putting a brattish buffoon like Donald Trump in the white house.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

The "horses mouth" is a common phrase and I only added "racist" because he has clearly demonstrated over the course of the last year that he is one.

And again, responding to you saying "I don't understand why people say that" ... Philly said it because Trump said it.  He didn't make anything up.

Chilli has already elaborated more on it.

1 hour ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Even though I'm not sold on Clinton .... I'm not having any part in putting a brattish buffoon like Donald Trump in the white house.

@newtogolf, this is roughly what I'd say every time you suggest that Hillary has proven that she would not make a good president.  You could be right.  I'm not a big fan of hers but her competition is just an awful, awful human being.

Also, what does it say to you that every person alive who knows what the job entails agrees unanimously that Trump does not have what it takes to succeed in it?

10 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

The "horses mouth" is a common phrase and I only added "racist" because he has clearly demonstrated over the course of the last year that he is one.

@iacas was referring to your grammar. It's "the horse's mouth"

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Is shitload a technical term? :-D Of course the wealthy pay most of the taxes, that's because they earn most of the money. Like Trump says, he works very hard to pay as little tax as possible. That's fine, we all would. However, it's clear that he believes that releasing his tax returns will reveal data that will hurt his standing among his base or among undecided voters. But not releasing them is it's own problem. It's a calculated decision, and one that could be a deciding factor in the race.

Before I would accept that wealthy persons pay the proverbial "shit load" of taxes, which may or may not be factual, I would need to see verifiable, unbiased, data. Surely, the amounts could be fairly large, but to what percentage of their gross income? Also, consider the fact that there are many forms of tax reduction benefits available to the wealthy owing to the sources of their income that are just not available to persons of modest income. The tax deduction, loop-holes if you will, greatly reduce these taxes. Then there is the honesty factor. What gets reported? It is very easy to hide taxable income, most of which is sheltered in the first place. In Trump's case, he even "admitted", that he considered it being "smart" or "good business" which in of itself, indicates (to me), that he is "Not" paying his fair share, either as a percentage or relatively.  The statement that the upper 2% pay 80% of the tax is subject to speculation and would need to be fact-checked. Then the question arises, by whom?  Bottom line, he needs to break open the books and even then we may never really learn anything of substance.  One thing that came out from the debate and in the context of my original post is that it now appears that Clinton is the Master Baiter word play not-with-standing.

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Fact Check and Analysis of the First Presidential Debate

I doubt anyone will sit down and read the whole thing, but here is a fact check of the entire debate issued by NPR.

Driver - Cleveland CG Black 265
Fairway Wood - Adams Tight Lies 16 Degrees
Hybrids - 18 and 20 Degrees Adams Pro
Irons - 4-PW Adams XTD
Wedges - 52 and 56 degree Cleavland CG16

Note: This thread is 2721 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!