IGNORED

Kirkland (Costco) Premium Golf Ball

Note: This thread is 1529 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, jkelley9 said:

Oh crap... they went out of stock :doh: hopefully they come back in stock and I can grab those 6 dozen

I guess that means demand exceeded their expectations.  Hopefully Nassau can keep up with demand, as I really like the ball as is and wouldn't want to see it change  anytime soon.

Driver - Cleveland CG Black 265
Fairway Wood - Adams Tight Lies 16 Degrees
Hybrids - 18 and 20 Degrees Adams Pro
Irons - 4-PW Adams XTD
Wedges - 52 and 56 degree Cleavland CG16

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 minutes ago, baller7345 said:

I guess that means demand exceeded their expectations.  Hopefully Nassau can keep up with demand, as I really like the ball as is and wouldn't want to see it change  anytime soon.

Same here

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

From Costco website for the golf balls:

Estimated In Stock Date: November 21, 2016

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I spoke to a Costco rep yesterday who said they were blown away by the sales which confirms what I had read on another site that claimed they did a limited production run because they weren't certain a Kirkland labeled ball would sell well.  They are getting great reviews online as well;

Select a row below to filter reviews.
5stars 94 reviews with 5 stars.
4stars 6 reviews with 4 stars.
3stars 2 reviews with 3 stars.
2stars 0 reviews with 2 stars.
1stars

Joe Paradiso

Hopefully they don't push more production runs from this supposed Nassau based manufacturer and quality starts to slip...

Either way, I really hope I can get some more of these. I have maybe 18-20 of my 24 left. Should easily last me until November 21 but I'm skeptical if they'll be back in stock by then and if they'll be available for very long on the next round. Sounds like some people are gearing to buy them as well.

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

1 hour ago, jkelley9 said:

Hopefully they don't push more production runs from this supposed Nassau based manufacturer and quality starts to slip...

Either way, I really hope I can get some more of these. I have maybe 18-20 of my 24 left. Should easily last me until November 21 but I'm skeptical if they'll be back in stock by then and if they'll be available for very long on the next round. Sounds like some people are gearing to buy them as well.

Rep said the first run was limited but based on sales they are doing a full run, so I don't think there will be any problems getting them after 11/21/16.  It would be nice if they improved the print quality but I doubt they will change anything.  

Joe Paradiso

7 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Rep said the first run was limited but based on sales they are doing a full run, so I don't think there will be any problems getting them after 11/21/16.  It would be nice if they improved the print quality but I doubt they will change anything.  

The only thing I'd like to see changed in terms of print is the number on the ball.  Kirkland Signature is a bit weird on a golf ball, but..eh...I can live with it.  The number is awfully small though.

Driver - Cleveland CG Black 265
Fairway Wood - Adams Tight Lies 16 Degrees
Hybrids - 18 and 20 Degrees Adams Pro
Irons - 4-PW Adams XTD
Wedges - 52 and 56 degree Cleavland CG16

4 hours ago, baller7345 said:

The only thing I'd like to see changed in terms of print is the number on the ball.  Kirkland Signature is a bit weird on a golf ball, but..eh...I can live with it.  The number is awfully small though.

I would like to see them do a better job with the print quality of the number as well.   It's funny seeing peoples reaction when they look at my golf ball and see Kirkland.  I'm known as an equipment ho by my golf friends and I have no problem spending money on golf clubs but have always been a bit frugal about golf balls.  Prior to switching to Kirklands I was using AAAAA Callaway Chrome Soft and Bridgestone B330 RX-S I bought from lostgolfballs.com but no one could tell.  

When we were at Myrtle Beach and they saw the Kirklands my buddies gave me almost a look of pity, like I was playing Kirkland balls because I was financially strapped.  Once I explained I wasn't broke but thought they were a good value, we laughed and then I took some ribbing about buying some Kirkland clubs.

Joe Paradiso

Since I'm a golf ball scavenger, I'll have to wait until I find a few.  But they sound just fine.  I always find more than I lose (my last round I lost 1 ball and found 60) - so one or two of the oddballs brands will show up quite often.  I'm starting to find Vice balls and other 2nd tier brands more lately. 

(I just sorted my (AAAAA quality - like new) Titleists into two separate bins - the ProV1 and V1x's vs all the others - I'm playing the ProV's and have over a 100 now of just that subset.  (I'm also happy with Callaways and TaylorMades, but I'm not even drilled down to model type on those.  Just the Titleists.) 

So if I were to EVER pay for a golf ball, it would have to be very inexpensive.

I guess even though I've been pretty consistently in the upper 70's this season, I still don't feel like I'm good enough to tell the difference between premium golf balls.  I've never been fitted.  Maybe should try that.  I just usually take whatever seems to perform well for short game, and it can't be a rock for feel on the long game.  Most all the Tier 1 balls fit that description, with the nod to the ProVs and most of the Callaways (YMMV)

Either way, I'll stick with buying my golf gloves from CostCo (Love the Taylormades and they are SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than at the golf shop and just as good or better).  And I'll stick with you guys for feedback on the golf balls.

I think Costco could put out a Tier 1 type ball for a Costco price - they just don't need to have such a high markup like you see in a golf store.  Hopefully this ball fits.

Seriously, when a driver costs $400 new, but then 2 years later will clearance for under $100, then there really is something wrong with the market.  Discount, high end product, is likely a natural result eventually.  Maybe not for clubs, but for consumables?  sure.

I tell you one thing, if I'm nervous about shanking a $4 golf ball into the water, I'm a lot more confident and happy if i have $1 ball in front of me.  And if that ball is 95% as good, or only 80% as good, it doesn't matter if I don't twitch and keep it dry - at that point, it performed  1000% better than the $4 ball at the bottom of the pond.

and the neat part about this thread is how happy a lot of you guys sound right now about the situation.  I hope it reflects in lower scores and happier rounds.

---- short answer - we need the numbers from an objective study.  people's subjective feels, or pre-bias is interesting, but performance numbers are the final trick I guess.

Bill - 

This is starting to look like someone introducing a car that runs on water that has the same performance as gasoline. The statistical data is starting to add up. They can't be just a few freak balls that perform similarly.  Did someone just get lucky with this ball make up? Price wise it is obvious that the R&D was at the minimum.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I used mine today for the first time.    I'm sold.   I'm not a single digit golfer and use either a Callaway or Srixon ball.   The Kirkland ball plays as well or better than either of these that I use.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

5 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

This is starting to look like someone introducing a car that runs on water that has the same performance as gasoline. The statistical data is starting to add up. They can't be just a few freak balls that perform similarly.  Did someone just get lucky with this ball make up? Price wise it is obvious that the R&D was at the minimum.

Really?   Let's assume R&D is the same.  So (hypothetically) If Costco has a 15% markup from cost.  And Golf Retailers have a 300% markup from cost.  Then the same basis of $1 to manufacture a ball would retail at $1.15 at Costco and $4 at Golf Inc.

Bill - 

Note: This thread is 1529 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!