IGNORED

2017 MLB Thread

Groucho Valentine
Note: This thread is 2517 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

The 2017 world champion mets have retained the services of Jay Bruce. Its over. 

Apparently its official, the Mets have won the off-season.  Of course, the Redskins have won the off-season regularly over the past 2 decades, and look how many championships they've won.  For me, I'm going to let them play a few games before I call the rest of the National's season off.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Apparently its official, the Mets have won the off-season.  Of course, the Redskins have won the off-season regularly over the past 2 decades, and look how many championships they've won.  For me, I'm going to let them play a few games before I call the rest of the National's season off.

Well for appearance sake, yeah. Don't want to disappoint the opening day crowds. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2017 at 3:18 PM, Groucho Valentine said:

Losing Fowler will hurt them more than their fans care to admit. Now they dont have much choice but to play Heyward erryday. 

Man, I hope Heyward is getting it figured out this off-season.  He had one hell of a hitch in that swing last year...4-6-3 all day.  

- Bill

On 1/5/2017 at 10:01 AM, jsgolfer said:

Red Sox Top 3 Starters: :banana:

Chris Sale

Rick Porcello

David Price

On 1/5/2017 at 11:25 AM, jamo said:

Don't forget 2016 all stars Drew Pomeranz and Steven Wright.

And no Buchholtz, so that is addition by subtraction!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

(edited)
19 hours ago, Let it Fly said:

Man, I hope Heyward is getting it figured out this off-season.  He had one hell of a hitch in that swing last year...4-6-3 all day.  

Hes had that hitch since he came up with the braves. I find it amazing he still hasn't adjusted to the way he's pitched now. But i saw a video of him swinging a few months ago with "changes". It looks like he's keeping the barrel in the zone longer,  but he still hangs his hands long and raises them up to load. Thats where the hole comes from. 

Edited by Groucho Valentine

1 hour ago, Groucho Valentine said:

i saw a video of him swinging a few months ago with "changes".

Haha saw that one too...thought it was strange to release something like that when things weren't looking too different.  From my playing days, it always felt like the world was ending going through even just an 0 fer 10 streak.  Can't imagine what he's felt, especially with that contract.  He's an athletic specimen, and will be fun to watch if he gets it together!

- Bill

32 minutes ago, Let it Fly said:

Haha saw that one too...thought it was strange to release something like that when things weren't looking too different.  From my playing days, it always felt like the world was ending going through even just an 0 fer 10 streak.  Can't imagine what he's felt, especially with that contract.  He's an athletic specimen, and will be fun to watch if he gets it together!

I played through college, and i felt the same too. 0-10 feels really bad when you're only playing 45-50 games a season :D 

Until Heyward adjusts his approach, pitchers are just going to keep throwing him that high strike. He just cant get to that ball with any consistency. At least if he's able to foul it off and then look for the down and away, it would be an improvement

On 1/4/2017 at 4:56 PM, saevel25 said:

I like Cleveland's chances after signing Edwin Encarnacion. He helps fill the desperate need for a consistent power hitter. 

There you go!

It will be the Tribe in the AL, and we don't really care about who shows up in the NL! Plus, they've signed a couple of bullpen arms.

The Cubs may have been last years "ordained by God", but the Tribe still took them to 7+. Roll Tribe!

• 1 month later...

Were there any intentional walks yesterday or Sunday? That is one rule change I want to see.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 1/5/2017 at 10:01 AM, jsgolfer said:

Red Sox Top 3 Starters: :banana:

Chris Sale

Rick Porcello

David Price

2 former Tigers.  I'm a Detroit fan but don't think they'll stay healthy enough to compete. They have always lacked a bullpen and this year is no different.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

40 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

2 former Tigers.  I'm a Detroit fan but don't think they'll stay healthy enough to compete. They have always lacked a bullpen and this year is no different.

I agree.

I don't think they made any significant off-season changes so there's little reason to believe things will change as far as the bullpen.

That AL Central is a tougher division than it was 3 or 4 years ago. Making the playoffs will be a challenge. They have the firepower offensively, a decent defense, and capable starting pitching. But the bullpen just can't seem to keep teams in check. And as you say, I don't think they have a lot of depth when starters get injured.

But... they still have Miggy, Verlander, Fulmer, Iglesias and others who are fun to watch. So there's that.

• Upvote 1

Jon

Well, if current trends hold up, the Nationals will go 162-0.  

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Note: This thread is 2517 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!