IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

My best shot of the week came in a round I played today..  For a  best shot of the week it's actually not that great.. So I'm on a par 4, and the drive goes 50 yards to the left, into the other fairway.. from about 160 out, on the other fairway, I stick a 7 iron about 10 feet to the hole and save par..

"Golf is a game in which you yell 'fore', shoot six, and write down five".

Paul Harvey

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Fortunately had a few this week...if I have to choose one...it was a bunker shot.

Par 3, about 165-170...hit my 7 iron left and landed in the bunker. Get up there to find my ball completely plugged...can only see the top. Open the face, plant myself, and swing away...lands soft and rolls to about 10 ft from the cup. I sunk the putt for a very unlikely par haha.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

I was out playing with my wife today (who just recently started playing) on a pitch and putt course. 66 m (72 yards) narrow par-3 hole. Group in front is three people, incl. a beginner and let's us pay through. With all of them watching, I hit a nice half SW, ball bounces once slightly before the green, starts rolling and drops in the cup... Yet I had just 30 sec before shot my initial tee shot out of bounds... Best shot so far in my golf career, yet so ambiguous as I was so close to a hole in one... (yes, short hole, but still)
  • Upvote 1

From my round of 64 the other day, I have to say the best shot was on the par 5.  I hit a 315yd drive ish to be 190 out from the green.  Pulled a 6-iron with the ball a couple inches above my feet, wind slightly left to right and into my face.  I hit a beauty, it started just left edge of green and came back perfectly.  Left me a nice 4footer for eagle!

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

I hit 3 great shots today. First one, with a 20 mph wind behind me I hit a 3w from 297 (287 to pin) to about 25 feet . I also 3 putted ��. The next shot on Nxt hole was also. 3w from 197 uphill against the wind that I also nuked to 25 feet past hole. But my best shot was. 7iron into a wind from 155. I played it back a touch to keep it down and puréd it. It hit about 5 feet in front of pin and hit stick and stopped that I tapped in for birdie... This was on a 626 yard hole so I was pretty happy

I hit one of those shots today that made me wonder..........how did it NOT go in????

Stone Canyon:  Par3 11th hole  123yds to the pin.....................gap wedge

You can see the pitch mark about 5ft beneath the hole.......the ball took one big bounce to behind the pin and spun back to right in front of the cup.   I couldn't tell for sure, but it may have lipped out as it tried to enter the cup from the back door.  You can see the pin is resting crooked in the cup......I think the ball may have been rejected because it tried to enter on the 'LEAN' side of the cup.  I blame the group in front of me for not making an ace! ....because they don't know how to put a pin back in the damn cup properly!  LOL

Had I made it...........I was playing a ball that would be embarrassing to mount too!!    A yellow Ti-Tech, with "YO MAMMA" written with bold sharpie letters on either side of the ball!!   I am a little light on balls right now and haven't got around to re-stocking which is why I was playing this ball.  I figure...save the good ones for the weekend..LOL  Surprisingly, the Ti-Tech was reacting well on the greens.  I was getting good spin and the ball was dancing on the greens.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Considering this is the last round for the week for me, I'll figure out my best shot of the week now.  I would have to say my best shot was a 6 iron off the tee of a par three (170 downhill). I put it within 2 feet, and made the birdie putt.  Coming close a lot lately to getting that ace, but it hasn't happened.  One day, one will go in haha..

"Golf is a game in which you yell 'fore', shoot six, and write down five".

Paul Harvey

• Administrator

I was tempted to add the pitch-in from 35 yards or so that I had today for eagle on the second hole (birdied the first hole too; was tempted to walk off the golf course at that point, as I was on pace to shoot 45). But in the end I have to go with this shot: a 199-yard uphill 3I from the wrong fairway's first cut of rough that I kept under a pair of big trees, but carried a bunker, and held the green. The ball stopped 15 feet from the cup and produced an easy birdie (and an eagle if I don't shove the darn thing).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Nothing spectacular, but I ended up in some fescue under the trees about 130 out (got a good lie fortunately), so I hit a low drawing 7-iron that landed before the green and rolled up nicely to about 10 feet from the hole. I didn't make the birdie putt (I three-putted another hole from 6 feet so I hope you weren't expecting me to make a 10-footer), but I did get the par.

Afwul round today so I guess best shot was a 307 yard bomb I hit in the middle of the fairway. About the only thing that went right

It sounds like that's the only thing that didn't go right!

-Rich

Pulled the crap out of a 9 iron on a short par three, and I mean pulled the ever livin' crap out of it, probably about 25y offline. Then I pitched it to 3 feet out of the rough and over some hillocks, could just barely see the top of the flag. Par. Up and down of the year for me!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I was tempted to add the pitch-in from 35 yards or so that I had today for eagle on the second hole (birdied the first hole too; was tempted to walk off the golf course at that point, as I was on pace to shoot 45). But in the end I have to go with this shot: a 199-yard uphill 3I from the wrong fairway's first cut of rough that I kept under a pair of big trees, but carried a bunker, and held the green. The ball stopped 15 feet from the cup and produced an easy birdie (and an eagle if I don't shove the darn thing).

Wow, that is a great shot! Under the trees and held the green. I probably would have gone home! lol.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

My best shot was one of my shortest shots. A 16 yard almost straight up and straight down full swing flop shot over a tree to an elevated green. Left me a 2 foot par putt.

I hit a 6 iron from just over 170 to the middle of the green.  Played a high fade trying to go around/over a tree guarding the green.  Hit the ball pretty much exactly like I imagined.  And I don't hit all that many greens from that far out so I was pretty happy....Tied with a 9 iron I hit on a par 3 from 145 slightly down hill.  Hit a beautiful monster high tight draw to the back third of the green.  High draw is something that I have been working on at the range, but this is the first time that I executed it right on the course.

Had quite a few today but this is probably the best one. I was 108 out in the rough on the left up against the edge of the tree line. I couldn't swing without hitting plants with my back or forward swing. I buckled down a focused really hard and took the swing, hitting the ball and left it pin high. Quite happy with the outcome.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I hit a couple REALLY good wedge shots this weekend. The best was hitting the flagstick with my 58* from 77 yards away. I really focused over the shot, nice divot, high ball flight everything was text book. Missed the putt but oh well, cant have it all LOL. After that shot, everything went downhill.........DAME STUPID GAME :censored:

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Best shot of the week that I saw was @Lihu sticking a 3 wood, his 3rd shot, to about 3 feet on a par 5!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping: