IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

• Administrator

The drive and the second shot to this hole were pretty good: http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/567032?hole_id=19700969 . 13th at Lake View. They took out a LOT of the trees on the left so the tee shot feels easier.

I striped a driver into the wind, then a gripped-down hybrid from a goofy lie that was about the straightest flight I've ever seen.

Putt was a bit lucky as it banged in, but an eagle is an eagle.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Gripped down 3 wood off the deck on a pretty severely elevated green from 230 out. I had maybe a ten yard widow to hit it through and I normally wouldn't have taken the shot but I wanted to practice my new swing training. Edit: forgot to add that the reason it was a tiny window was that I was way left almost out of the picture so I had to deal with the mountain on my right during the shot and then flying the green on the left.

Best shot, again, had a lot of good ones because so new.  Was hitting my driver very well.  Had two holes back to back where I drove it straight out and hit the green on my appproach shot.  First time, ball landed and ran out into the first cut.  Second par four ball landed in the front and rolled up pin high.  Wish I could tell you I made par but I got a double bogey and a bogey.

I guess there is one other shot that was amazing.  I played my second shot on a long par five and decided what the heck, lets hit the 3 wood off the deck.  I semi sliced it a bit and ended up in the rough behind a bunch of tall trees maybe 35 yards in front of me with still about 160 yards to go.  I pulled my 7 iron figuring I would try and hit it just to the left of the trees.  It didn't go that way and actually cut right between and just above the two highest branches that were on the left hand side.  It landed about 20 yards in front of the green for a chip up.  It was probably the best shot because of the contact I made with it, didn't expect to hit it so pure and high, even if I missed my intended target path by about 10 yards.

I also purred a 9 iron from about 130 yards out on the par 5 9th hole.  I never thought for an instant I would dunk it in the water trying to lay up in front of the stream before the green.  Got all of it and then some from about 130 yards or so.  That is long for me.  Laughed, dropped in same spot, pulled PW, hit it the same way and came up real nice about 10 yards from water.  Hit my next shot onto the green with my lob wedge, took a divot like a freakin pro and had it check up about 10 feet from the pin.

Best round of golf yet for me.

My favorite shot today was on a 150 yd par 3 with a green that slopes from the back to the front and tilts a bit to the left. I hit a nice arching shot 10 feet past the pin and a bit to the right. My ball then proceeded to roll ball towards the pin and finally came to rest about 2 1/2 feet from the pin

PW from 110 yards after a perfect drive. Never dreamed of a birdie on this whole, the fairway messes with my head. What a great effortless round... I shall try to keep it mind during normal rounds.

- adam -

Routine: work, eat, golf, sleep, repeat

Clubs: (All Used TaylorMade) Burner Superfast Driver, JetSpeed 3&5 FW, Rescue Hybrid, Burner 2.0 Irons 5-AW, ATV Wedge 56*, White Ghost blade putter

480-yard par 5, second shot...215 left after a solid drive (that's to the pin...it was way up front)...hit a perfect 3-hybrid to about 5 yards short of the green.

Almost pitched it in (missed by about 6")...ended up with a two-putt par, but that second shot was still a thing of beauty.

- John

From ~135 for a 2. Ball mark is beyond the flagstick - it spun back. I hit a 9 iron using this technique: http://thesandtrap.com/t/82268/how-to-flight-your-wedges-and-short-irons/0_50

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Best shot is a toss up between my 250 yard drive into the fairway on right hand side on a par 4 334 hole and another par 4 about 365, set back between trees, took out my 3H and lasered it out there about 200 yards.  Buddy thought I had hit my driver.

[URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/131345/] CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 85 [/URL] From ~135 for a 2. Ball mark is beyond the flagstick - it spun back. I hit a 9 iron using this technique: [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/t/82268/how-to-flight-your-wedges-and-short-irons/0_50]http://thesandtrap.com/t/82268/how-to-flight-your-wedges-and-short-irons/0_50[/URL]

Awesome shot!

I will have to scratch my earlier post of a few days ago.

I had a hole-in-one on a par 3 that was playing just over 130 yards.  I hit an 8 iron from and elevated tee box and my shot was nice and high.  The pin was tucked up close to the front side of the sloping away green.  It felt good as soon as it left the club and I was talking to it as she was in orbit.  Two sand bunkers guard the green with the big one covering the whole front side.  If you go in there then just about everything rolls off, at least with my talent level.  The ball must have listened to me because two little hops and in she went.

I stuck one close today by about 4 feet with the pin more towards the middle of the same green.  The club champion was on the green before this one and was clapping her hands.   A few holes later I tried a little flop shot to a tricky sloping green that everything runs off and ran it oh so close.  As soon as I hit it I went to the ground when something in my back let go.  I could not even carry my bag from the cart to the vehicle.  Some guy came over when he seen me keeled over the cart rack.  Looks like I get some time off once again from this game.

Here is a picture of the hole from a couple of weeks ago with a different pin location and the whites were on the forward tier.  I have watched quite a few tournaments this year and it is amazing how many balls run off the back side.

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

Now this is interesting because it's a toss up.

1) the 112 yd hosel rocket I hit that went straight and ended up 3' from the hole.

2) the 40 foot putt I took the creative route up and around the edge of the bowl that dropped down and barely missed the hole leaving a three foot tap in on the links course I played yesterday. I'm glad I watched the US Open.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Faded tee shot into adjacent fairway on a dogleg par 5 (on purpose, just overcooked the fade) & then went OVER high trees from rough to fringe - pretty impressive shot for me then missed makeable eagle putt for bird.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Played my first round in 2 months this week. Hole 14: Par 5 - 490yds I was lying about 120yds out after 2 shots. Had a slight breeze from behind. Flag to the front of an unprotected green. I decided on a full PW shot. Made solid contact, had the ball land on the very front of the green and roll out to within 5ft of the hole. Missed the birdie putt though... But that was quite a shot after 2 months off!

Driver: Cobra Amp Cell-S - 10.5°
Woods: Cobra F-Speed 3 Wood - 15.5°
Hybrids: Cobra Amp Cell 2/3 Hybrid - 16°-19°
Irons: Mizuno MX-15 - 4-PW
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled - 52°/8°, Titleist Vokey SM4 - 54°/8°, Titleist Vokey Oil Can - 58°/8°
Putter: Odyssey White Ice #1

Proud member of the "Breaking Bad Club"!

Same hole a week later. This time I hit 3 wood off the cliff instead of 4 iron hoping to hit a draw and it worked! So now I only had a 6 iron to the green instead of the miracle 3 wood off the deck from last week. Hit it thin but.... (Oh and my ball was the yellow one).

First time poster, long time reader! My Best shot of the week came on Labor Day, We were playing a nice course in Lexington KY, about 30 minutes from where I'm from. Came to an up-hill par 3 playing 140 yards. My playing partner (who plays Collegiate golf) hit a 9 iron, hit just short of the hole leaving himself a 6-10 foot putt up-hill for birdie. Since It was Labor day, the course was packed and we actually had a group of 4 behind us which gave him some shouts from the gallery haha. I went up also with a 9 iron, aimed a little left hoping to hit the hill and let the ball trickle slowly down to the hole. I Hit it perfect and had a little draw on it, landed pin high and did exactly what I wanted it to rolled to about 3 feet of the cup, the group behind us were yelling for the ball to go in the hole just like I was. I went up and sunk the birdie putt while my buddy lipped out, my buddy ended up shooting -4 under, to my 78 (+6) but for the one par 3 I had the advantage on him.It was awesome having each of us hit great shots in front of other people and it was by far my best shot of the week.

About 3 hours ago - 1st hole Par 5 544 yards.  Good drive.

Shot was my 3 wood from the fairway - big towering fade over and to the right to a partially blind green -  and landed soft on the green leaving a 12 foot attempt for eagle

darn, missed the eagle (putt glanced down into the hole as it went by)

But I got the birdie.

Similar thing happened on 12 - only drive 2H - birdie there too.

fun round.

Bill -