IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Played Rattle Run in St Clair MI. 20 or so years ago it was well up on Golf Magazine's list of best public courses in the country. The course is still a tough old bird. 14th hole is a long par 3 that the rangefinder said was playing 226. I played a little cut 5 wood that started to the center of the green, and dropped off to the right. It hit, rolled a bit more right more right, hit the pin and I had an easy 6' putt for a bird. An easy 6 footer I lipped out..........

14 hours ago, StuM said:

I know this was for bogie, but even a little off in either direction would have left me a knee-knocker for double-bogie, even as lightly as I tapped it.

Bogey saves that feel like a par are legit imo.

Pretty miserable round of ball striking, but had one memorable shot.

Topped my 3W off the tee into rough short of the fairway, and left myself about 260-ish to the middle of the green, slightly uphill and into the wind. There was a group still putting on the green, and I just wanted to wrap up the round as fast as possible so I pulled hybrid to lay up thinking it was a safe play.

Made my best swing of the day, and flushed it. Straight at the right edge of the green with maybe a couple yards of fade, landed short, kicked right and forward to about pin-high in the right rough.

5768E013-E89D-4FA5-906F-9E4DAD551975.thumb.png.663107b524a2af759c88855c7f5f8e1c.png

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 hours ago, Darkfrog said:

Pretty miserable round of ball striking, but had one memorable shot.

Topped my 3W off the tee into rough short of the fairway, and left myself about 260-ish to the middle of the green, slightly uphill and into the wind. There was a group still putting on the green, and I just wanted to wrap up the round as fast as possible so I pulled hybrid to lay up thinking it was a safe play.

Made my best swing of the day, and flushed it. Straight at the right edge of the green with maybe a couple yards of fade, landed short, kicked right and forward to about pin-high in the right rough.

5768E013-E89D-4FA5-906F-9E4DAD551975.thumb.png.663107b524a2af759c88855c7f5f8e1c.png

Nothing like those swings when you are so tilted you don't care anymore. I think it is because there is a such a freeness to them. Did the group in front of you notice and bring it up with you?

Edited by measureoffsetinnm

11 hours ago, measureoffsetinnm said:

I think it is because there is a such a freeness to them.

Yeah, at that point in the round I was in DGAF mode, and just executed a swing. Felt good.

11 hours ago, measureoffsetinnm said:

Did the group in front of you notice and bring it up with you?

Judging by the lack of reaction, it seemed like they didn't even notice. I got lucky in the sense that the ball landed short of the green, and then bounced forward and to the right off the fairway. If it had bounced straight, it probably would have rolled up onto the green in middle of their putts, and I would've had some explaining/apologizing to do, but I don't think there was any risk of someone getting hurt or anything like that.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Holed my 8 iron from the left ruff on the first hole for my first Eagle of the season ... :whistle:

It's pretty sweet when you can actually see the ball hit the green and track to the pin and drop... 

• Like 1

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

• Administrator

I'm going with the 200-yard 7-iron I hit here:

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/3052150?hole_id=51883428

Unfortunately, I was hoping it would go about 175. 🙂

But, it was one of the most flush, solid, best swings I've made this year.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Made some great shots yesterday: 

Hole 2, 145 yards par3, downhill and down wind. Hit a soft AW and it looked like it was going to be a slamdunk all the way. Missed the cup by 5’’ and missed the 5’-er for birdie, but it was a great shot (picture)

Hole 11, 200 yards (flag front left), downhill over water with wind into off the right. Hit a smooth 6 iron as crisp as I can hit it. It was a bit long (215 yards) and ended up on the back fringe, but it was a perfect ballstrike and felt so good. The chip from there was a tough one, with the pin on the lower level of a 2 level green with me on the upper floor taking aim a good 5 yards right of the flag for my 20 yard chip. Hit it to what I felt was perfection on the perfect line, and it stopped 1/4 of an inch from the hole to great dissapointment to my flight and me....

33D450D7-6B00-43D4-A52D-5C78311B9691.jpeg

21C848B1-962C-4438-ADA7-A6E5E0BCB94F.png

Edited by Troy Ocker
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

In the bag: Callaway Mavrik SZ 10,5 driver (X stiff), Cobra King 4 wood (Stiff, 2006 model), Callaway Mavrik irons 4 - P+A (stiff), Cobra King Pur wedges 52, 56 and 60 (stiff) and Odessey white steel putter.  Very happy with the set and the gapping. 

On 5/21/2021 at 2:34 PM, Esox said:

14th hole is a long par 3 that the rangefinder said was playing 226. I played a little cut 5 wood that started to the center of the green, and dropped off to the right. It hit, rolled a bit more right more right, hit the pin and I had an easy 6' putt for a bird. An easy 6 footer I lipped out..........

4 hours ago, Troy Ocker said:

Hole 2, 145 yards par3, downhill and down wind. Hit a soft AW and it looked like it was going to be a slamdunk all the way. Missed the cup by 5’’ and missed the 5’-er for birdie, but it was a great shot (picture)

It seems like so many stories of great approach shots end this way. But it is golf of course so they wouldn't be believable if they didn't 😆

• Funny 2

A mix between two. 

Holed out a birdie on a par 5 from about 45 yards. 

But arguably a better/more important one was on a hole that went very poorly to start. Terrible tee shot into the trees, bad punch out leaving my 80 yards into an easy, short par 4. Hit my SW to 6 feet and drained the par putt.

• Like 2
Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Got my first eagle....long time coming....325yrd par 4 and drove the middle of the green leaving myself about a 20ft putt on a flat green and it sailed in. Put the next shot (145yrd steep uphill par 3 with blind green) to about 6ft but the tricky green has me lip out...d'oh.

The week prior I chipped in for a birdie off the back of the green on the 7th at Bethpage Black. A satisfying way to end the hole after I stuck the tee shot in the rough on the left adding about 50yrds to the hole...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

2 hours ago, Fraser said:

Got my first eagle....long time coming....325yrd par 4 and drove the middle of the green leaving myself about a 20ft putt on a flat green and it sailed in. Put the next shot (145yrd steep uphill par 3 with blind green) to about 6ft but the tricky green has me lip out...d'oh.

The week prior I chipped in for a birdie off the back of the green on the 7th at Bethpage Black. A satisfying way to end the hole after I stuck the tee shot in the rough on the left adding about 50yrds to the hole...

Damn props for driving a 300+ yard green with a driver from the 90s.

20 hours ago, measureoffsetinnm said:

It seems like so many stories of great approach shots end this way. But it is golf of course so they wouldn't be believable if they didn't 😆

I got my revenge 2 holes later though. Hole 4, a 190 yards par 3, playing into the wind. I hit a punchy 6 iron a little thin, but it managed to sneak on to the front left of the green to about 18 feet and I sunk the putt for a 2. The approach on hole 2 was a much better shot though and it gave me one of those "slow motion"-moments that fills you with adrenalin and makes the heart race....  

• Upvote 1

In the bag: Callaway Mavrik SZ 10,5 driver (X stiff), Cobra King 4 wood (Stiff, 2006 model), Callaway Mavrik irons 4 - P+A (stiff), Cobra King Pur wedges 52, 56 and 60 (stiff) and Odessey white steel putter.  Very happy with the set and the gapping. 

10 hours ago, measureoffsetinnm said:

Damn props for driving a 300+ yard green with a driver from the 90s.

Paridon my ignorance...what is "from the 90s"...as in that's what my score would be given my handicap?

Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

2 hours ago, measureoffsetinnm said:

Is your WITB not current?

Oh, I was reading the comment through a completely different lens so to speak! 

Will have to figure out how to update my WITB....I did upgrade my driver to a Ping G15 a while ago. 

• Upvote 1

160ish yard par three 16th.  Hit my tee shot fat and it landed in the crusty, ground-under-repair bunker.  Took my drop, and pulled my 54° wedge and hit a gorgeous little flop that almost hit the pin.  Of course, I missed the putt for par.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

On 5/26/2021 at 1:06 AM, Troy Ocker said:

I got my revenge 2 holes later though. Hole 4, a 190 yards par 3, playing into the wind. I hit a punchy 6 iron a little thin, but it managed to sneak on to the front left of the green to about 18 feet and I sunk the putt for a 2. The approach on hole 2 was a much better shot though and it gave me one of those "slow motion"-moments that fills you with adrenalin and makes the heart race....  

Yeah there is such a pure feeling of accomplishment with shots such as that.

Edited by measureoffsetinnm
  • Like 1