IGNORED

2017 Dubai Desert Classic

65ross
Note: This thread is 2632 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

26 minutes ago, skydog said:

I read on GC this morning that Tiger missed his private flight to Dubai (I thought he had his own plane??) and had to fly commercial. Probably couldn't have helped his back stiffness.

Hindsight is 20-20 I know but flying halfway across the globe on a back to back week and two weeks into a comeback doesn't seem like the smartest thing for the body.

First class on Air Emirates isn't exactly slumming it.  It may be a nicer ride on a long flight than his own.  I bet his plane doesn't have one of these...

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2015/01/30/guide-to-the-emirates-a380-first-class-shower-suite/

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah, I was going to say, flying commercial would actually probably be better for his back than flying private. Assuming it was Emirates or Etihad, you have a private suite in either of those.  

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

1 hour ago, David in FL said:

First class on Air Emirates isn't exactly slumming it.  It may be a nicer ride on a long flight than his own.  I bet his plane doesn't have one of these...

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2015/01/30/guide-to-the-emirates-a380-first-class-shower-suite/

I've seen some commercials for Air Emirates. Holy cow! Talk about luxury. I know I could never afford to experience it, but it's just walking around money for Tiger.

Still, a 5 over 77? Ooof!

I flew once with Emirates Perth Aust to Bangkok there service is best I ever experienced,was just a economy seat, but was like first class compared to other airlines.

Day 2 under way forecast for wind fairly strong and possible rain as some forecast predicted early in week, afternoon players will see the worst of the wind.

1 hour ago, Buckeyebowman said:

I've seen some commercials for Air Emirates. Holy cow! Talk about luxury. I know I could never afford to experience it, but it's just walking around money for Tiger.

Still, a 5 over 77? Ooof!

Titleist 915 D2-10.5°, Titleist 915 F 15°, PING G25 16.5°, PING G30 Hybrid 19°
PING G25 4-W, Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 48°/52°
Rife Bimini Island Series Putter, PING DLX Bag
Sureshot Rangefinder, PING Sensor Glove, Srixon Q star Balls.

(edited)
16 hours ago, chspeed said:

I think his back is bothering him again. I bet he WDs by the middle of round two.

You picked it,Tiger out withdrawn, didn't get to round two.:-O

Edited by 65ross

Not news we need about Tiger, they saying it back problems again, he really only played 3 rounds since his return so not good at all, hoping not career ending thing for him.:hmm:

He's done.

In David's bag....

back spasms, not the nerve issue he felt before, WD as a precaution

:tmade: Driver: TM Superfast 2.0 - 9.5degree - Reg flex
:mizuno: 3 Wood: JPX800 - 16* Exhsar5 Stiff
:mizuno: 3 - PW: MP-67 Cut Muscle back - S300 stiff
:slazenger: Sand Wedge: 54degree, 12degree bounce
:slazenger: Lob Wedge: 60degree 10degree bounce
:ping: Putter: Karsten 1959 Anser 2 Toe weighted
:mizuno: Bag - Cart Style

FML...I wake up to this??

I have a really bad feeling that the next two tournaments might make or break him. I hope not, but....

Colin P.

• Administrator

Well I was wrong as heck.

"Not nerve pain" is a tiny positive, and I'm not a doctor, but it's probably 50/50 he might never play again.

@chspeed would've won the bet. Even the original one. ;-)

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

TM can't be too happy.  I wonder if there's a clause in their contract requiring that he play a certain number of tournaments...

In David's bag....

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, David in FL said:

TM can't be too happy.  I wonder if there's a clause in their contract requiring that he play a certain number of tournaments...

I doubt they care much more than him shooting 77 and driving it all over the map.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Well I was wrong as heck.

"Not nerve pain" is a tiny positive, and I'm not a doctor, but it's probably 50/50 he might never play again.

@chspeed would've won the bet. Even the original one. ;-)

Not really a fun thing to have guessed right about. Hopefully just a minor setback. We'll probably know more in the next few days.

54 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Probably. If not, the implicit pressure because everyone makes so much money off of him and the appearance fees have to be a big thing.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Having back issues myself I have lost 10 mph to my club speed mainly due to protecting my back.  Tiger is out there against the best players in the world swinging 120mph, hitting countless balls at the range, and bending over constantly to tee a ball or while putting.

At 41, having had several surgeries (list goes on) I am starting to thing his body is telling him to stop.  He can still play with his buddies at the club and all, but starting to believe playing on tour may be off the table soon.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

You can't be flying around the world with a wonky back and expect to play world-class golf.   I bet if TW only competes in the US for a year or two, he'll come back strong.  If he insists on flying all over the world to play he's done unless he schedules it so he has at least a week before a tournament to stretch out and recoup from the flight.   Luxurious accommodations on a flight may be more comfortable that flying in steerage but at 40 or 41, he's still going to take longer to recover from a 24 hour flight.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Note: This thread is 2632 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!