IGNORED

Michigan

bkuehn1952
Note: This thread is 2199 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

No one should worry about lack of skill.  I often just go to the course and join whomever will have me.  The best memories are created by good company, not the golf.

We can create foursomes base on age, height or alphabetically.

Who will be in charge of good weather?  That is the real issue.

• Upvote 1

Brian Kuehn

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Accuweather is reporting mostly sunny and a high of 67º.    It is a lie...we don't have sun in Michigan but I'll take the 67º.

Edited by dennyjones
  • Upvote 2

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

33 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Accuweather is reporting mostly sunny and a high of 67º.    It is a lie...we don't have sun in Michigan but I'll take the 67º.

LOL at someone thinking that a 3 week forecast will be even remotely correct. We should take over/under bets on the temperature and precipitiation.

• Upvote 1

Players play, tough players win!

Seeing as this is a Michigan outing, I think it's safe to assume we'll run the gammut of weather changes in the 4 hours we're on the course.

• Upvote 2

Jon

It's been years since I've played College Fields but in my memory and from driving past it many times, it's pretty flat and an easy walk.

• 2 weeks later...

@bkuehn1952 @tlazzol @Wally Fairway @dennyjones @JonMA1

@Braivo @StrayCat @MSchott 

I have two tee times reserved for Friday, May 19, 2017.  First at 10:04am and the second at 10:12am.

We will need to arrive a bit early (say at least 9:30) to work out the logistics of using @tlazzol's Groupon deal(s).  If anyone likes to hit balls, get there even a bit earlier so we can set the tee times and payments prior to going to the range.

Now we wait for good weather.  If anyone can't make it, let me know.

Brian Kuehn

71º and partly sunny.   I'll take it.  I like to be early.  If we have a 10 am tee time, I'll be there about 9 am.   it will take me about 1 hour travel time.  

Will leave extra early to get there by 9 - 9:30. If I somehow get derailed, I'll still pay my $30 (if that will work).

As far as weather, unless the forecast is a total washout I plan on showing up. Don't mind cool temps, light rain or wind. Worse case scenario, no one else shows and I'm playing by myself on a nice course.

If anyone needs to exchange cell numbers, please send a PM.

Jon

My brother wanted to play yesterday, and we ended up a College Fields (so I scoped it out for us).
It was pretty cold, about 42° when we teed off and maybe warmed up to the low 50°s by the finished, but the wind was pretty strong all day.

I hadn't played there in a couple of years, and the amount of housing around the front 9 really surprised me; and they are moving lots of dirt around #11 & #12.
The course was in pretty good shape for early in the year and I scuffed it around for a 92, with a couple of lost balls - maybe I can find them when we play next week.

Players play, tough players win!

Yep, yesterday was really windy. The wife and I drove right by there around 11:30 or so. We were downstate visiting our sons and we take I-96 across before turning north on 496/127. I-96 looks to be just a stone's throw from the course.

I had to check it out online when I got home. Looks to be a nice course. Love the mix of long and short par 3's.

Jon

I am going to say I am a tentative yes at this point, looks like I should get the time off. Still room for me?

- Mark

1 hour ago, Braivo said:

I am going to say I am a tentative yes at this point, looks like I should get the time off. Still room for me?

Absolutely!

18 hours ago, Braivo said:

@Braivo, we made reservations for 8 and that includes you so we are all set.  Glad you can make it.

Brian Kuehn

On 5/5/2017 at 8:58 PM, bkuehn1952 said:

@bkuehn1952 @tlazzol @Wally Fairway @dennyjones @JonMA1

@Braivo @StrayCat @MSchott 

I have two tee times reserved for Friday, May 19, 2017.  First at 10:04am and the second at 10:12am.

We will need to arrive a bit early (say at least 9:30) to work out the logistics of using @tlazzol's Groupon deal(s).  If anyone likes to hit balls, get there even a bit earlier so we can set the tee times and payments prior to going to the range.

Now we wait for good weather.  If anyone can't make it, let me know.

See, we wouldn't forget you...Looking forward to this event and meeting everyone.

Whom ever though to add out "outing" to the Members Map - a thumbs up from this old Michigander.  For what it is worth, about $0.05, the 10 day extended forecast is not predicted to be cold and rainy - yet!  ;-)

Brian Kuehn

I added the outing to the map.  Since I had to learn the location, I thought others would like to see the location of the course as well.  

Two of the three weather sites I regularly check are saying partly cloudy and 73º.   Accuweather is saying cloudy and 79º.   I'll take 2 out of 3 anytime.   The good thing, no rain.  Of course, it will change many times before the 19th.  

Note: This thread is 2199 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!