IGNORED

Michigan

bkuehn1952
Note: This thread is 2192 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It was great to meet everyone that participated.   I had a great time even though I didn't play well.   The course was great, the new friends were great, the golf....

Now let's discuss the weather.  It was @Wally Fairway's job to give us good weather since it was his neck of the woods!   Just teasing Joe.  

Looking forward to another.     

I can now highly recommend that course.   Thanks Brian and Terry for putting this together.  

• Upvote 5

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@tlazzol @Wally Fairway @dennyjones @JonMA1

@Braivo  @MSchott 

Thanks to everyone for:

• showing up in a good mood despite @Wally Fairway's less than excellent weather.
  • playing at a very acceptable pace
  • not asking me what I shot!

We will touch base again in mid-June to discuss possibly doing this again.

• Upvote 3

Brian Kuehn

Thanks to @bkuehn1952 for putting this together (and for being my cart partner), great to meet everybody.
And to be honest, if I was in charge of weather then I think I did okay as it didn't start raining until after we were done playing)

• Upvote 1

Players play, tough players win!

Great to see this thread, guys!  Outings are always rejuvenating, and it's cool for us in different parts of the country to see them happening from time to time. 

• Upvote 1

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

It was great meeting everyone and a lot of fun. I got to see @MSchott hit almost every fairway and @Braivohole one out from 60 yards with his last shot of the day.

@bkuehn1952, I'm not sure who the guy in shorts hitting out of the snow is in your avatar, but it surely cannot be the same person I saw today bundled in layers of winter clothes in perfect golf weather. :whistle: 

Seriously, Brian and Terry... thanks so much for organizing this. 

• Upvote 4

Jon

Had a great time with the TST Michigan gang on Friday at College Fields. Tough track but fair as the fairways are generously wide. Lets do it again guys!

• Upvote 4

Thanks to Brian for making this happen.  It was a lot of fun to play with guys who also love this maddening game, especially watching one of us play a tough hole with our best  and making a solid par.  I'm up for this again, any time or course.  

On 5/19/2017 at 8:28 PM, JonMA1 said:

@Braivohole one out from 60 yards with his last shot of the day.

Nice finish!!!

• Upvote 4

Another masochist ensnared by golf

13 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

@bkuehn1952 the weather is perfect, maybe someone just picked the wrong Friday ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh no you didn't!   :whistle:

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

@bkuehn1952 @tlazzol @Wally Fairway @dennyjones @JonMA1

@Braivo @StrayCat @MSchott @inthecup @Single Length Irons Guy

@iacas

Time to start thinking about a late June or July "TST Michigan" golf outing.  If anyone has run across a fellow Michigander on TST, let me know and we can include them in the planning.  I have added two additional names to our informal Michigan roster.

If everyone could take the time to respond to a few questions, we can bake in the responses to our plans.

1. Interested or not interested in playing this next time?

2. If interested, best day of the week and also 2nd best day of the week

3. Is the Lansing area still acceptable? (somewhat centrally located for a number of us).  Any suggestions for a different location?

My responses are: Interested / Friday, Thursday / Lansing area is fine.  I am in Ann Arbor and anything in the Lansing area is 90 minutes or less driving.

Edited by bkuehn1952

Brian Kuehn

copy and paste:

My responses are: Interested / Friday, Thursday / Lansing area is fine.  I am in Davison and anything in the Lansing area is 60 minutes or less driving.

I am Interested, Friday is best/will try to make it any day, Lansing area is fine.
I am in Lansing, I can travel 60-90 minutes for an outing.

June is good for me, July I have things booked the first 2 1/2 weeks

Course suggestions:
- Lansing - Timber Ridge, Forest Akers West, Hawk Hollow courses (Hawk/Eagle Eye)
- West (Williamston) - Brookshire, Wheatfield Valley
- North (St. Johns) - The Emerald
- South (Jackson) - The Grande, Calderone Farms (links), Cascades, Arbor Hills

Players play, tough players win!

• 2 weeks later...

Fridays or Mondays are best but it depends on work. The Lansing or Ann Arbor areas are good. In AA, I'd choose Leslie Park or Washtenaw Golf Club. If we have someone who's a U of M alumnus or works there, the U of M course is excellent. The public can play but it's something like $100.00 if you aren't playing with someone affiliated.

I would be interested in join.  

• Upvote 1

“Golf is a compromise between what your ego wants you to do, what experience tells you to do, and what your nerves let you do.”

WITB: :mizuno: JXP 850 Driver 9.5 degree, :tmade: Rocketballz 5 wood, :tmade: PSi 4i-AW, :tmade: ATV wedge 56 degree, Pine Meadow lob wedge 60 degree, :nike: Method Drone Core 2.0 putter

@bkuehn1952 I messaged you letting you know I was interested and just saw the other questions on this thread.

Best days of the week are Saturday and Sunday. I can make Friday work but I get out of work at 3:30 and typically work around the Southfield area so getting to Lansing about 6 would be my best conservative estimate.

I'm out in Warren so Lansing isn't too bad. Ann Arbor would be my preference.

Just let me know what the plans are and I'll see how flexible I can be that day. Sounds like everyone had a good time at the last meet-up!

-Justin

My Swing

SLDR C 10.5, Aeroburner 3W/3H, MX-200 4-GW, Vokey Chrome 200 56 & 60, TM White Smoke

• 2 weeks later...

I'm off the first week of July and hope to get out to the course as much as possible. If anyone happens to be up here (Cadillac area) next week and is looking for a game, please let me know.

Jon

Note: This thread is 2192 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!