IGNORED

Do you really want to be a pro golfer?

mvmac
Note: This thread is 2563 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I meant to write this in the above post but forgot... Professional golf is unique in the sense that it gets as close to being an absolute meritocracy as any other sport or professional field. If you are chasing the dream then it is only fueled by the Kool-Aid of your own flavor. Don't need to worry about whole lot of BS from other folks and at the same token can't blame anybody else either for your failures. For those who like that it can't be dismissed as a small plus.

• Upvote 1

Vishal S.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If you truly love golf then ofcourse you would want to play professional. The competition playing for something is what I love about golf. Yeah, playing with friends is fun but playing for something you can always remember is what makes it fun. Depending on how well you wanna live depends on how much you actually have to travel and play.

On 4/13/2017 at 9:22 PM, mvmac said:

I joke with my buddy that I'm happy that I was never good enough in college to ever consider playing for a living ;-) 

The curse of being talented.

I've often said, "I'm glad I wasn't good/talented enough in high school at guitar to consider skipping college and making a career as a musician."  But I wasn't joking.

A high school classmate that had a lot of talent at guitar (Chris Holmes), he's lived hard:

chrisholmeschpalbum.jpg

To answer the question......"yes" I want to be a pro golfer....but I have huge lack of talent

Edited by BallStriker

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Pro golfer? Probably not. Don't have enough natural talent. I'd be one hell of a caddy though. 

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

If i had the talent and mental toughness to play on the Web.com or PGA tour...... hell yes i would be doing that..   

i think it's just like baseball, basketball, football, hockey, and soccer,  if you have the talent / skill and mental toughness to play in the pro's, thats what you would want to do..  because the money is so good 

It is what it is

Professional Golf is probably one of the best examples how telling someone "You can do whatever you set your mind to do" needs an asterisk.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

On 4/14/2017 at 6:41 AM, mcanadiens said:

The movie Rudy shows us however that if you knock yourself out, you just might be able to play a down at Notre Dame if the rest of the team threatens not to play if you don't.

Rudy is my least-favorite sports movies of all time. If the real Daniel Ruettiger had realistically assessed his abilities, he would have gone to Lehigh U. and been a special team's regular.

BTW, the Sean Astin casting was a joke. The real Rudy had jet black hair and a perpetual five-o'clock shadow.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

14 minutes ago, WUTiger said:

Rudy is my least-favorite sports movies of all time. If the real Daniel Ruettiger had realistically assessed his abilities, he would have gone to Lehigh U. and been a special team's regular.

BTW, the Sean Astin casting was a joke. The real Rudy had jet black hair and a perpetual five-o'clock shadow.

Ok.

3 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

Ok.

Lol. Well, it's also been well noted that much of the story was just that, a story. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Note: This thread is 2563 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!