IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge May 2017

Note: This thread is 2518 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

After my round I came home and spent awhile focusing on my takeaway and pausing at the top of my full swing in a mirror.

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5/10: 10 minutes of putting tonight. I've got several balls that I marked with a line around the circumference of the ball and am practicing starting the ball on my target line with as little "wobble" on the ball as possible - i.e. hitting dead center on the putter face.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

5/10:  10 mins. warmup session w/OW & Momentus, alternating sets; focus on getting out of my "block" setup and clearing hips to finish at target.

25 mins. full swings w/foam balls off mat (in yard), primary focus (early) on smoother, slower transition; this got my launch direction cleaned up nicely, though w/some blocks, so in the second half of practice I added some additional focus on clearing hips while keeping transition slow and smooth, without rushing through impact.  Resulted in some nice shots there towards the end that felt a whole lot more effortless than my swing has felt lately.

My challenge now?... Actually retain it. ;-)  Sometimes my golf game is like the Groundhog Day movie...work it into something nice, only to wake up one day with it zeroed out; rinse, repeat; rinse, repeat.

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

10th May:- Still very wet. 5 mins mirror work on posture and hip turn.

Chris.:roll:

5/11/17:

Worked on pitching with all of my wedges. It really does work if you want to change how much it rolls, if you use the same motion for all four or five of your wedges.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

11/5/17 - Spent a whole range session just working on different length swings and getting used to my wedges. Took some video to see what my 'thoughtless' swing looks like and there's still work to do on that left arm in takeaway, but I'm really happy with the extra height I'm seeing. Still think I'm going at my wedges a bit much rather than letting the club do the work, but I'm gaining confidence with them at least.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

15 min Sklz, 7i and driver

stop at top, pump, step thru and full swings

slow mo practice session b/c did it indoors b/c of rain. Really forced the issue of swing path and control

20 min chpping

5/11 to start and beat on next round. A bit better stroke. Need more practice through as it comes in fits and starts

5/11

Went to the range and worked on my drills for about 45 minutes. Same hip work and trail arm flexion.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

After I played 9, I worked on chipping and putting for about 30 minutes.

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

May 11th:- 10 mins full swing practice. Focused on the setup, getting the right tilt to the hips, so that the belt buckle is looking at the ball. Then turning the upper body - arms, shoulders, torso together - to A2.

Chris.:roll:

May 12 - Mirror work at the gym. Struck the ball better in yesterday's round so I feel I am making progress.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Forgot to log my 5/11 time, though I did practice...hope this can count as my 1 day miss....

5/11:  5 mins. warmup drills alternating w/OW & Momentus

40 mins. full swings w/foam balls, worked TourStriker pro7 for iron, then my 4H & Driver;
Key focus throughout session was hip turn both back, and then really clearing through to drive swing, though I kept check on my spine angle/cover & left knee flex;
Also did a little experimenting w my right hand grip, moving between quite weak (trigger moving to my second pad (below 1st knuckle)) & neutral (which moved trigger to bottom pad);
Interestingly, ball flight wasn't too different between them, though traditionally I seem to do a much better job controlling the clubhead when weak/2nd pad.  Seems like that means I'm feeling/finding square much better no matter what now.  All in all, very good carryover & retention from 5/10's work.

I try to putt for 5 minutes everyday at home. Even with the practice, all the greens in the area are different. Bent, Poa or mixed.

5/12/17:

The ultimate practice, nine holes with Alina this morning. (Well sort of). Alina plays our course based on a 85 yard drive. So I played with Alina from the Alina tees, but I'd hit clubs that would be close to her drive. People thought I was nuts... I got some funny looks, but I'm spending time with Alina, and keeping her attention span up (she's 3 and a half), and she makes better contact than I do. Maybe I should play more like Alina, I'd score better.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

12/5/17 - 10 minutes of putting on mat downstairs, just working on tempo and alignment

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

(edited)

5-12

Its been raining here today so just worked some slow motion swings at work, off and on. Actually used a broom stick as a club...haha

Edited by TN94z

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

7 minutes ago, TN94z said:

a broom stick as a club

Hey...broom drills are awesome!  Grip it half way down, shaft leaned well forward, sweep through and keep shaft from striking body.  

5/12:  Mixed it up.  10 mins. chipping drills in shop (firm carpet); focus on weight forward and striving for perfect contact
20 mins. pitching work in yard (48 real balls) ~30y.  Focus on weight forward & relaxed hands.  Again, hitting it out towards the toe a bit.
30 mins. full swings w/foam balls; same as last night...7i TourStriker, 4H, & Driver; focus same as last night--smooth transition and hips driving through.  Good continuity & retention from last 2 practices.

Note: This thread is 2518 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!