IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge June 2017

Note: This thread is 2451 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

June 2nd:- Played 18 today. Not a great round, but took some positives away from my iron play.

Chris.:roll:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

40 min Sklz, 7i and driver

stop at top, pump (3x) and full swings. Feeling the whip more and hopefully coming from inside.

chipping. Terrible. Contact OK but could not get balls into bucket.

3/11, 2/11, 1/11. Finally just cleaned up the rest instead trying to match prior round

6/03 - pitching practice  ("quickie pitch video"  technique) with focus on distance control. Attempted the 4 balls/one swing challenge  - come close several times

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

6/3/17:

Slow swings without a club in the mirror mostly to A3, trying to make sure I was coming down on plane.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track

Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°

I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110

Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

6/3:

Played 18 at Heather Highlands in Holly, MI.   Still working on my driver set-up.  I also tried to focus on my wedge distances. 

During warm-up tried the flop shot challenge...:-O

Edited by dennyjones

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

6/3: Ten and thirty foot putts for 1-3% slopes. Used level to verify my read. 3 attempts for each putt. 45 mins.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

6/3:  read the first part of Chapter 9 in Pelz's Short Game Bible and worked on sand shot setup and swings.

:cobra:  :wilsonstaff:  :cleveland:

• Cobra Fly-Z+ Driver (10*), 3/4 Fwy (15.5*)
  • Adams Red (20*)
  • Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 4-GW (24*,27*,31*,35*,39*,43*,47*, 51*)
  • Cobra Trusty Rusty (51*,55*,59*)
  • Cleveland TFI 6.5

6/3: Played 18 this morning before the thunderstorms arrived. Shot a 14 over, 87 (43/44). Driver was working well again, irons too, but a few got away from me a bit; and I'm back to topping my 3-wood so I'll have to get some range time with it in soon.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

6/3:  Usual pitching around the yard.  from 25-40yds.; focus on turning through w/hips to lead club through--felt like I could drop 'em all on a dime, today...work paying off.
Went to club & took daughter--her first trip to range--we worked on putting for ~20 mins., then went to range and I mostly helped her w/the basics, but did hit ~15 balls or so w/my 7i; focus was on driving hips through then dropping club in behind.  Man do I want to get some non-solo rounds in so I can post them.  I'm playing well below my index, and wish I could get the number to reflect my progress.

• Upvote 1

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

June 3rd:- 20 mins full swing practice, focused on slowing down the back swing and completing the turn to A4.

Chris.:roll:

6/4/17:

Worked on a few things with my chipping today. Mostly acceleration and no wrist hinge. Mostly a chip-and-run sort of setup.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track

Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°

I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110

Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

6/4:

Worked 40 minutes on lag putting.   Distance of 24', 36', 42' and 72'.    My goal was to have a tap-in at each distance.    I walked away feeling successful.   I guess I need to practice this more because it killed me yesterday on the course.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

June 4 - some shoulder turn work in front of a mirror. Felt pretty good after my practice session yesterday. Rested the knee and wrist today..

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

6/04 - centered hip turn with 8i x 5 mins. Trying not to dip my head down during the turn which is my tendency. Will try to video and post in MySwing thread by end of the week...it's been awhile since I've posted there. ;-)

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Bucket of balls before I played today. Very good ball striking and distance. PE, 7i and driver. Did not translate to course. Gonna need a refresher class.

6/4: Busy day but managed to get a little pitching practice in, alternating shots between a few different targets in the front yard.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

6/4:  finished the sand shots chapter in Pelz's Short Game Bible; it's an information overload for bunker shots.  Worked on smoothing out my distance wedge swing with a full finish, as well.

:cobra:  :wilsonstaff:  :cleveland:

• Cobra Fly-Z+ Driver (10*), 3/4 Fwy (15.5*)
  • Adams Red (20*)
  • Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 4-GW (24*,27*,31*,35*,39*,43*,47*, 51*)
  • Cobra Trusty Rusty (51*,55*,59*)
  • Cleveland TFI 6.5

6/4:  Lots of spotty rain around (and super muggy air) kep me away from the course, today....
Plenty of short game work around yard, per usual routine; ~10y chips thru 40yd. pitches.  Was a little off today, but got it back together towards the end.  Was having a little issue with temp, and with my spine angle breaking down so I wasn't rotating around a consistent axis.
10 mins. full swing work w/OW; didn't go at it as hard as I normally do for conditioning...just worked on swing form & tempo.
Finished up w/5-7 mins. wall drill work; focus on setting spine angle and rotating around that axis correctly (keeping arse from schrunching up towards ball through impact).

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

Note: This thread is 2451 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!