Sign in to follow this  
Utah_Golf

2017 U.S. Open Discussion Topic

Note: This thread is 945 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

597 posts / 32800 viewsLast Reply

Just now, zipazoid said:

Which, to me, puts that 63 in its proper perspective. Which is, it was the lowest round of a low-scoring day. Dude sets an Open record with that score & he may not even finish top 10. 

I'm trying to remember if Jim Furyk finished in the top 10 the last time he broke 60.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

http://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.02564.html

Rickie is actually a few spots higher than Harman.

Yes but im talking about this tourny and where they stand right now, not the year.Looks like harmon is playing really safe.Dont think Rickie can make up two strokes unless leaders make mistake.

6 minutes ago, Aflighter said:

Yes but im talking about this tourny and where they stand right now, not the year.Looks like harmon is playing really safe.Dont think Rickie can make up two strokes unless leaders make mistake.

Okay…

http://www.usopen.com/players/player-stats.html#!putting

Rickie is T2. Harman is 11th.

(Brandon Stone is first. Hideki and JT are T2 with Rickie.)

Koepka is looking good so far....When your in the lead, and your hitting every GIR in tough conditions you gotta feel good at the moment.

Ugh this Harman won't miss. Sorry kid, I'll pull for you in the Ryder Cup if you ever make the team, but not today. Really would like to see Rickie get that first major.

15 minutes ago, Shindig said:

I'm trying to remember if Jim Furyk finished in the top 10 the last time he broke 60.

Nevermind, he was T5 2016 Travelers' Championship.  73-66-72-58. 

4 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Ugh this Harman won't miss. Sorry kid, I'll pull for you in the Ryder Cup if you ever make the team, but not today. Really would like to see Rickie get that first major.

Solid as a rock so far. Pretty impressive considering his lack of length.

I'm not watching the telecast, but the web site shows #15 as being a beast today. Par 4 averaging over 4.5, toughest hole today.  And yesterday it was 3.5! What did they do to the setup?!

Screen Shot 2017-06-18 at 6.20.39 PM.png

Here was yesterday's number:

Screen Shot 2017-06-18 at 6.20.25 PM.png

I've read that the course can set up very differently day to day based on tee locations and pin locations, but that seems huge.

Also, the average score today on the back nine is 36.6- nearly all of the over par scoring on just #15.

3 minutes ago, RandallT said:

I'm not watching the telecast, but the web site shows #15 as being a beast today. Par 4 averaging over 4.5, toughest hole today.  And yesterday it was 3.5! What did they do to the setup?!

Screen Shot 2017-06-18 at 6.20.39 PM.png

Here was yesterday's number:

Screen Shot 2017-06-18 at 6.20.25 PM.png

I've read that the course can set up very differently day to day based on tee locations and pin locations, but that seems huge.

Also, the average score today on the back nine is 36.6- nearly all of the over par scoring on just #15.

Yesterday it played at 288y. Today it's 356y. The wind I'm sure is affecting it as well.

Just now, zipazoid said:

Yesterday it played at 288y. Today it's 356y. The wind I'm sure is affecting it as well.

A 356yd par 4 playing at over 4.5. Wow.

Note: This thread is 945 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!