Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Utah_Golf

2017 U.S. Open Discussion Topic

Note: This thread is 945 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

597 posts / 32800 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

Just now, zipazoid said:

Which, to me, puts that 63 in its proper perspective. Which is, it was the lowest round of a low-scoring day. Dude sets an Open record with that score & he may not even finish top 10. 

I'm trying to remember if Jim Furyk finished in the top 10 the last time he broke 60.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

http://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.02564.html

Rickie is actually a few spots higher than Harman.

Yes but im talking about this tourny and where they stand right now, not the year.Looks like harmon is playing really safe.Dont think Rickie can make up two strokes unless leaders make mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


6 minutes ago, Aflighter said:

Yes but im talking about this tourny and where they stand right now, not the year.Looks like harmon is playing really safe.Dont think Rickie can make up two strokes unless leaders make mistake.

Okay…

http://www.usopen.com/players/player-stats.html#!putting

Rickie is T2. Harman is 11th.

(Brandon Stone is first. Hideki and JT are T2 with Rickie.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Koepka is looking good so far....When your in the lead, and your hitting every GIR in tough conditions you gotta feel good at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ugh this Harman won't miss. Sorry kid, I'll pull for you in the Ryder Cup if you ever make the team, but not today. Really would like to see Rickie get that first major.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Shindig said:

I'm trying to remember if Jim Furyk finished in the top 10 the last time he broke 60.

Nevermind, he was T5 2016 Travelers' Championship.  73-66-72-58. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Ugh this Harman won't miss. Sorry kid, I'll pull for you in the Ryder Cup if you ever make the team, but not today. Really would like to see Rickie get that first major.

Solid as a rock so far. Pretty impressive considering his lack of length.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not watching the telecast, but the web site shows #15 as being a beast today. Par 4 averaging over 4.5, toughest hole today.  And yesterday it was 3.5! What did they do to the setup?!

Screen Shot 2017-06-18 at 6.20.39 PM.png

Here was yesterday's number:

Screen Shot 2017-06-18 at 6.20.25 PM.png

I've read that the course can set up very differently day to day based on tee locations and pin locations, but that seems huge.

Also, the average score today on the back nine is 36.6- nearly all of the over par scoring on just #15.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 minutes ago, RandallT said:

I'm not watching the telecast, but the web site shows #15 as being a beast today. Par 4 averaging over 4.5, toughest hole today.  And yesterday it was 3.5! What did they do to the setup?!

Screen Shot 2017-06-18 at 6.20.39 PM.png

Here was yesterday's number:

Screen Shot 2017-06-18 at 6.20.25 PM.png

I've read that the course can set up very differently day to day based on tee locations and pin locations, but that seems huge.

Also, the average score today on the back nine is 36.6- nearly all of the over par scoring on just #15.

Yesterday it played at 288y. Today it's 356y. The wind I'm sure is affecting it as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, zipazoid said:

Yesterday it played at 288y. Today it's 356y. The wind I'm sure is affecting it as well.

A 356yd par 4 playing at over 4.5. Wow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 945 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...