IGNORED

what golf related Fathers' Day gifts did you receive?

Hacker James
Note: This thread is 2628 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I scored: dozen Calloway Chrome Soft balls; bag of  3 1/4 wooden tees, small tube of Banana Boat Sunscreen, really nice Columbia "Freezer Coil" Polo shirt and a silly cyclops greeting card.  Not to mention my daughter laid out a lunch of Ribeye, Chicken, BBQ Shrimp with Old Bay Seasoning, but I had to take charge of the grill.  Its all Good.

• Upvote 1

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My daughter got me the Orange Whip.  Wasn't expecting it, after reading the thread on here and one of the guys at my course talking about it, we seen one at the golf shop where we were on vacation and she must have overheard me talking to my wife about it. 

• Upvote 3

Gus
---------------

One is not really golf related but I got a fitbit blaze and the other was a Mizuno JXP 850 driver.

“Golf is a compromise between what your ego wants you to do, what experience tells you to do, and what your nerves let you do.”

WITB: :mizuno: JXP 850 Driver 9.5 degree, :tmade: Rocketballz 5 wood, :tmade: PSi 4i-AW, :tmade: ATV wedge 56 degree, Pine Meadow lob wedge 60 degree, :nike: Method Drone Core 2.0 putter

The best.  I got to play golf with my 81 year old dad.  He shot 79 on his little par-60 executive course.   :-) 

• Upvote 5

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

17 minutes ago, David in FL said:

The best.  I got to play golf with my 81 year old dad.  He shot 79 on his little par-60 executive course.   :-) 

I hope I will do as well. I turn 75 next month and breaking 80 again, seems not as likely, but hope is eternal.

40 minutes ago, bkuehn1952 said:

Played 18 with our stepson.  Considering all the drama in his family the past 12 months, giving me 3 hours of his time was a great present and well worth the greens fees I paid.

:beer:  I can relate.

• Upvote 1

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

I got a bottle of Gentleman's Jack....and yes, that's golf related in my book :-P

• Upvote 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

1 hour ago, bkuehn1952 said:

Played 18 with our stepson.  Considering all the drama in his family the past 12 months, giving me 3 hours of his time was a great present and well worth the greens fees I paid.

That's really cool

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, todgot said:

I'm at an Army excercise in central CA so my wife sent me pictures of a book my son drew for me... this is one of the pics.  It says "my dad is smart because he knows how to golf".

I got a remote controlled push cart (used but in great shape) and came here to gloat, but I think you win. :beer:

• Upvote 2

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

My 3 youngest Grand Daughters made it a  "Grand Pa  Day" celebration. I was rewarded with 6, $10 gift cards for Mc Donalds. The fact that we all go to McDs every week for ice cream is probably just a coincidence. 

My Daughters fired up the grill for a chicken/steak barbecue with all the appropriate trimmings.

Afterwards, my two son in laws and I hit the local golf course, where I continued to show them that old age and treachery still ruled. We closed the 19th hole.......

• Upvote 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

1 hour ago, roamin said:

I got a remote controlled push cart (used but in great shape) and came here to gloat, but I think you win. :beer:

I got a cart tech 1200Li for Christmas and it's awesome!  Cheers.  

• Upvote 1

:mizuno:  :titleist:  :tmade:

8 hours ago, Hacker James said:

I hope I will do as well. I turn 75 next month and breaking 80 again, seems not as likely, but hope is eternal.

Missing 80, but not missing playing with family - might just make the 80+ score to be OK

Got myself a rangefinder and a newer 3 wood. Looking forward to using both!

• Upvote 1

Not really a gift, but shot my lowest score ever (83--12 over par on a par-71 course). Did I mention that it's my lowest score ever?

One of my sons grilled chicken for us for dinner--awesome. Wonderful way to wrap it up.

• Upvote 1

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

A Golf Galaxy gift card from my wife and I'm playing 18 with my son on his off day.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

16 hours ago, todgot said:

I'm at an Army excercise in central CA

That's awesome!

I hope that you're not at NTC, that's a hot one this time of year.  Hopefully you're somewhere that has better scenery, like Hunter Liggett?

• Upvote 1

Gus
---------------

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 10:26 AM, JGus said:

That's awesome!

I hope that you're not at NTC, that's a hot one this time of year.  Hopefully you're somewhere that has better scenery, like Hunter Liggett?

We were at Hunter Liggett and the scenery was great but it was hot.  Record temperatures for this time of year in the 100-110 range.  Our tents were 125 degrees + during the day.  Some of our training had to be curtailed due the heat.  We're a CSH and put up our hospital in Cat 5 heat over 3 days.  After that we had air conditioning but it had a hard time keeping up.   No heat injuries until the final day when the commander wanted to do a final formation at 1430 and hand out awards... 

:mizuno:  :titleist:  :tmade:

Note: This thread is 2628 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!