IGNORED

Conspiracy theories you believe in?

StefanUrkel
Note: This thread is 2451 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

8 hours ago, colin007 said:

Yes! Easily King's most "human" characters, the level of depth to those characters. I love Sadie Dunhill.

Agreed.  The only other characters (of his) I felt similar "connection" with were those in the Dark Tower series.  And that was much longer.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, krupa said:

Well, instead of saying they sound plausible, I guess it's more accurate to say that it takes a second to realize what they're saying is false (e.g., they like to mix units and compare measurements of two different things), why it's false, and to come up with the argument against it.

I can't/won't defend or explain their BS, but it's entertaining to read.

I found this website and thought this was a particularly awesome piece of self-delusion.  I don't know if this site is intentionally tongue-in-cheek, but there are others that argue the same kind of thing.  Most of their "proofs" hinge on denying the existence of gravity.

To summarize, the moon and sun are the same size in the sky, you can see that the earth is flat and feel that it isn't moving.

I skimmed the 200 Proofs the Earth is not a Spinning Ball.  I'm ready to kill myself now.

15 hours ago, iacas said:

They've done tests with actual marksmen. Few of them can pull off the shots given the tree that gets in the way (or got in the way at the time), etc.

I don't remember a tree being in the way but you also can't quite get at the window because they've got a small piece of that corner walled off with glass panels to re-create the scene.  You can stand several feet to the right of the spot and see down the street though.  It's a fantastic spot to snipe from because the street goes dead straight away from the window and there would be no left or right movement to keep the crosshairs on someone in a car.  But yeah I'm not sure what has changed in the area over the years so maybe it was more challenging back in the day.

13 hours ago, Papa Steve 55 said:

While they are fun to talk about I always have the same issue with the gov't controlled theory's. The odds of everybody keeping the secrete for the rest of their lives are long. Somebody is going to come forward with proof. Either for the notoriety or cash.

Most times, things are exactly as they seem.  

I agree completely.  People can't even keep a secret between a handful of friends and I'm expected to believe a thousand or ten thousand or hundred thousand people are colluding on something and over the course of decades or centuries without a peep?  Yeah right.

13 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

Fear of being killed off I suppose. Seems like you would be right but "accidents do happen" and it might be enough to keep people quiet. 

What about the people who are about to die of old age or from disease?  What do they have to lose by spilling the beans?  I find it extremely hard to believe someone somewhere wouldn't send a package to a media company on the way out...

6 hours ago, krupa said:

Well, instead of saying they sound plausible, I guess it's more accurate to say that it takes a second to realize what they're saying is false (e.g., they like to mix units and compare measurements of two different things), why it's false, and to come up with the argument against it.

I can't/won't defend or explain their BS, but it's entertaining to read.

I found this website and thought this was a particularly awesome piece of self-delusion.  I don't know if this site is intentionally tongue-in-cheek, but there are others that argue the same kind of thing.  Most of their "proofs" hinge on denying the existence of gravity.

To summarize, the moon and sun are the same size in the sky, you can see that the earth is flat and feel that it isn't moving.

Now that is funny.  I would like to see them explain what moving feels like because last I knew the only thing humans can feel is acceleration.

Edited by Strandly

3 minutes ago, Strandly said:

Now that is funny.  I would like to see them explain what moving feels like because last I knew the only thing humans can feel is acceleration.

Exactly!  Because acceleration is the change in velocity over time and velocity is defined as speed and direction, IF we were really moving in the paths described by so-called "scientists" (and I use that word as loosely as possible) then surely we'd feel that force every second of our lives!!!

QED, beyatch!

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Just now, krupa said:

Exactly!  Because acceleration is the change in velocity over time and velocity is defined as speed and direction, IF we were really moving in the paths described by so-called "scientists" (and I use that word as loosely as possible) then surely we'd feel that force every second of our lives!!!

QED, beyatch!

Actually though now that I think about it technically they are right.  Ha..  I'm trying to think back to physics stuff and if I remember right even something that is rotating at a constant angular rate is accelerating because the vector is constantly changing.  So according to the scientific definition we are indeed accelerating yet we don't feel it.

It might be kinda fun to be part of this flat earth movement and troll scientists with their own ideas.

When I first heard of the story of the Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment, I thought it was BS. I mean, it's crazy to believe our government and health professionals could watch, study, and allow US citizens to die a horrific death under the false pretense of free health care. Right? 

Jon

On 2017-06-25 at 3:13 PM, Vinsk said:

Should be Conspiracy 'hypotheses.' Theories have been tested over and over with supporting data and scientific results showing the current idea to be true. Hardly the case with most ridiculous conspiracy claims.

That being said, Lee Harvey Oswald did not shoot JFK.

He most certainly shot him, but there's much more to the story imo.

1 hour ago, Strandly said:

What about the people who are about to die of old age or from disease?  What do they have to lose by spilling the beans?  I find it extremely hard to believe someone somewhere wouldn't send a package to a media company on the way out...

I'll be devil's advocate and say threats towards their families?

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

20 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

I'll be devil's advocate and say threats towards their families?

Sure, but what will that actually accomplish?  Say I know the secret and the conspirators threaten the well-being of my family members.  If I tell the world the secret I can say "Oh and they'll kill my family now" which will only make my story look more true if they do.  And what would be the point of killing people at that point anyway since it won't put the cat back in the bag?  It seems to me if the conspirators didn't trust me they'd be better off simply killing me as soon as they decided a threat was necessary.

I didn't realize it until now but it's actually kind of amusing to talk about conspiracies this way because oddly the logistics of pulling off such a thing as a worldwide, 1500 year old secret society (for example) pales in comparison to the unpredictability of human nature.

And lastly did you ever wonder about the Bond movies where the maniac billionaire builds a secret military base in the desert or on the bottom of the ocean and fills it with nameless henchmen?  Does the janitor in that place really have an undying loyalty to Bond's nemesis?  How much could they possibly be paying that guy?  What's his motivation if not money?  Does he share the same thirst for world domination as his boss?  lol...  The things people overlook for the sake of a story.

2 hours ago, krupa said:

QED, beyatch!

1. The earth can still move and not accelerate. Zero acceleration just means the earth is moving at a constant velocity. The golf club has a max velocity at zero acceleration. 

2. You can be in a car that is accelerating and hardly feel it if the acceleration is very slight. The earth can have small changes in acceleration and we wouldn't feel it. 

3. If those accelerations are smaller than the gravity of the earth than we would feel gravity over that.

4. I don't think Mayans and other ancient civilizations have a secret agenda when they so accurately predicted the hours in a day, the days in a year, and the movements of the stars and planets. All of this leads to the fact that the earth is not flat, and we are not the center of the universe. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Ok.

You people are starting to worry me...

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

8 hours ago, saevel25 said:

1. The earth can still move and not accelerate. Zero acceleration just means the earth is moving at a constant velocity. The golf club has a max velocity at zero acceleration. 

2. You can be in a car that is accelerating and hardly feel it if the acceleration is very slight. The earth can have small changes in acceleration and we wouldn't feel it. 

3. If those accelerations are smaller than the gravity of the earth than we would feel gravity over that.

4. I don't think Mayans and other ancient civilizations have a secret agenda when they so accurately predicted the hours in a day, the days in a year, and the movements of the stars and planets. All of this leads to the fact that the earth is not flat, and we are not the center of the universe. 

Matt,

Acceleration is a change in velocity (it's derivative). Even though we are spinning at a constant velocity, the vector is changing direction, so it is still accelerating. The value at any point in time is zero, but it is still changing. Sorry for being a math geek! 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

10 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Matt,

Acceleration is a change in velocity (it's derivative). Even though we are spinning at a constant velocity, the vector is changing direction, so it is still accelerating. The value at any point in time is zero, but it is still changing. Sorry for being a math geek! 

This (though I don't know what you mean by "the value at any point in time is zero".)  Velocity is speed and direction so even though your car's speedometer says a constant 10 mph when you take a turn, you are still technically accelerating.  Even though this site also mixes speed and velocity and acceleration, it hits the main point:  We don't feel the Earth move because it has a constant speed.  

16 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Matt,

I get that, but an object can still move with an accceleration of zero. Cruise contol:-D

Yes, angular acceleration is happening constantly since we do move in an ellipse through space. 

Edited by saevel25

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

8 hours ago, David in FL said:

Ok.

You people are starting to worry me...

Or are we just waking you up?

a95be0deeefb56334715078356ff44ac.gif

1 minute ago, saevel25 said:

I get that, but an object can still move with an accceleration of zero. Cruise contol ?

only in a straight line.

There is a conspiracy at dear old Kittyhawk Golf Center to deprive us poor golfers of our balls.

First, the grounds crew intentionally lets the rough grow to crazy heights. Most people figure that's a function of a limited budget or lousy grounds crew. The purpose is to help us lose the balls. 

Second, there are devices at the bottom of the pit-like water hazards that actually collect balls. These devices also create a sort of vortex over the hazard that causes well-struck shots to come up short.

Third, they've enlisted the help of the numerous gophers that live on the course. The furry varmints absolutely will take your ball into their holes. I believe there is a nuts-for-balls operation going on here. 

The crappy balls they find are turned into range balls. The rest get sold. Big set up.

I'm convinced that golf balls are conspiring against me!

Edited by shortstop20

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Note: This thread is 2451 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!