IGNORED

I'm not easily impressed…

BuckeyeNut
Note: This thread is 2487 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I "paired-up" and played with this guy last weekend and it was fun to watch him play........  it's not often I play with a stranger that impresses me.  

Physically speaking....he was maybe 5-8" and didn't look athletic, but he consistently carried the ball near 300yds on wet fairways after hard rains......... he birdied the first 4 holes!  The first 3 were all shortish putts....... then he just missed on 4 on the wrong side of the pin.......got a bad bounce and went over and was FK'd............. he proceeded pitch from "dead zone"....hit the flag and jarred it.... (it would have rolled 20 feet past had he not jarred it)   After birding the first 4....... He had to birdie at least 4 more.....  I am pretty sure he had a career day and it was one of those easy rounds.......made it look easy....  I dont' know what he scored for sure, but he had to be at least 7-8 under......  it was fun to pair-up with a guy like this.... for sure...  I can only remember 1 bogey.....I wasn't counting, but I think he made 7-8 birdies....LOL....  dude was on fire.... that was fun to watch up close!!  I've played 1,000s of rounds over the years with a variety of golfers..... I am pretty sure this was the lowest round I have seen first hand pairing-up for a random weekend golf round...........fun stuff!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

(edited)

Hahahahaha.........I get you!!    I am feeling the love...thank you!  You know how I am about knowing course details!! 

The tees we played.....par72.......6577yds... 72.5cr 137 slope... this guy was playing from the wrong tees!   (tips are 7133yds 75.1cr 141slope)...... it was fun to watch for sure.

:-D

His 1 bogey was a 220yd par3.....pull hook into a hazard...... then got up and down from a place had had no business getting up and down from...LOL........he hit an amazing high pitch to just get inside of 10'...then made the bogey putt.  Good stuff!!!!

Edited by BuckeyeNut

What's in Paul's Bag:

Shania isn't impressed.

LoL it was the first thing I thought when I read the thread title.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

too funny............... 

What's in Paul's Bag:

6 hours ago, billchao said:

Shania isn't impressed.

LoL it was the first thing I thought when I read the thread title.

Not the gymnast girl? :P

Over the years I have golfed with some pretty good golfers. The ones who broke par were very fun to watch,  in person. One guy shot a 7 under 65, which is the lowest round, I have personally watched. What impressed me most about his round,  was that he had no bogies. We played a second round together the next day, where he carded a 68. 

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

7 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

Not the gymnast girl? :P

IMG_0006.JPG

• Upvote 3

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Playing alongside good players is something I'd like to experience much more often. But it's one thing for a single-digit player to be paired up with someone capable of shooting under par, quite another for someone who plays near double bogey.

Hell... it's impressive (for me) to watch someone break 80.

Jon

What was his first name? I'm going for a what the odds thing...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Reminds me of the time I teamed up with 2 guys who had also booked the Golfnow "Hot Deal" at a local, upscale daily fee course. One of the guys was just enormous! I'm guessing a little over 6', and 350 easy, maybe close to 4 hundy! I took one look and thought, "Oh God! What did I get myself into!"

Then he took a practice swing, and was surprisingly limber! And his swing looked very polished. They were playing one set of tees farther back than I'm used to, but I teed with them looking at it as a challenge. The first is a par 4, 395 yard dogleg right around a lake. The big guy bombs one out there, and if he'd put it a yard or two right of where he did, he'd have driven the green!

Both of these guys could play! But, I was more impressed with the big guy. He also had great touch with his short game and could putt like nobody's business.

Edited by Buckeyebowman

Been a 18 years old boy, at the Argentina Amateur (like the US amateur) I qualified for the best 32 players. I have to play against Clodomiro Carranza. he beat me 6/5, he was 5 under thru 13 holes. 
Besides been humiliated i enjoyed to watch that high quality of golf under competition conditions. He bombed the driver just too long and a few years later i was told that he was invited to the USA in order to figure out how could he hit it that long.

Now he´s a Pro here in Argentina, he never reached pga tour status or something close.

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 2487 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!