IGNORED

Carts in your yard? Suggestions

scotth
Note: This thread is 2412 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

12 hours ago, scotth said:

That was a picture from the winter before the stakes were set back out.  It is very easy to tell the difference now.  Especially when they are 3 feet from the house.

3 feet? Seems like they could play through your living room....

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I can think of 2 steps to take at first, which can be done at the same time or not:

1. Posting signs at your property line that say do not drive your carts in our lawn or hit balls out our lawn. Or they could just be no trespassing signs. That will prevent some people from coming into your yard, though definitely not all.
  2. Calling the pro shop every time you see someone drive a cart or play a ball on your property. Ultimately, I think it's up to the course to police this. You might have to be a pest, but they'll get the message if you are persistent.

If neither of those work, you could probably escalate with fencing or something like that.

Edited by DeadMan

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2017 at 1:15 PM, scotth said:

So we live right on the green of a Country Club that allows daily play for a fee to nonmembers.  Lately every weekend they have been hosting some type of best ball team tournament and we have had golf carts in our back yard, side yard, front yard.   I don't mind if a golfer hits the ball OB and walks into the yard to get his ball, but draw the line at driving your cart on my property.  They white OB stakes run all along the course about every 20 yards so seem pretty obvious (at least to me).

We have also had a very wet spring and summer so said carts in yard turn into being able to see where they drove for days after each event.  Calling the club and talking to the pro shop has not done anything.  

I sort of hit my point where I feel like I need to do something when a golfer drove on our property and parked by our fence so he could stand on seat and use his ball retrieval device (something I think no self respecting golfer should own) to fish his ball out of our dog run.  He then dropped the ball and dug a good sized divot in the sod we just had installed this spring.

When I asked what the heck he thought he was doing acted like he didn't understand what he had done wrong and drove back on course and parked on other side of green.  

Thoughts?  Suggestions?  

Build a Wall....err...sorry, I meant "Fence In" your yard.  LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Unless the length of frontage is excessive, I'd probably just do a 3-foot mulch bed and maybe a few flowers (in addition to the white stakes).

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 10:30 AM, Valleygolfer said:

3 feet? Seems like they could play through your living room....

I'm pretty sure he meant "when the golfers are three feet from the house".

- John

On 7/24/2017 at 2:28 PM, Gator Hazard said:

I live on a course too and I am fine with someone walking into my yard to retrieve a ball but that's it. If someone drove a cart on my property I would say something and if they played a ball off my lawn I might just lose it on them. I have a neighbor who put in some stakes and ran line to barricade his lawn and he has signs that say "no trespassing, under surveillance". You may be able to get away with that but not sure depending on HOA rules. I would at a minimum post some signs close to edge of property that say "private property-no carts"

Here's your answer! We play several courses that border on back yards. If we see OB stakes (which we do) we do NOT drive past them. If the sign says "Private Property - No Trespassing", that's what we do. If the sign says we can walk into their yard to retrieve our ball and drop back on the course, that's what we do.

Living on a golf course sounds glamorous, but it comes with it's own set of problems. Like bonehead who own clubs and purport to call themselves golfers when, in fact, they are not! They are people who play golf.

If push comes to shove, get yourself some cheap pasture fence posts and some barbed wire. That should get the point across, and screw the HOA!

I am guessing that your home owners association probably has some restrictions on what you can put up along your property line since you live on the course.  I know my association does.  If they allow it, I would consider putting up a low 3 foot high wrought iron fence. A lot of home where I live have the regular height wrought iron fences but a bunch of them are the lower fences.  I think they look really good.  And, the cart traffic in your yard will cease.  Not sure of the cost difference but I have seen some homes that have some type of black hardened vinyl fencing that looks exactly like wrought iron.  When I bought my home, my neighbor on one side of me had that along the property line between us.   My fence is wrought iron.  She told me the fence was put up the same year mine was.  It looks exactly the same as mine (actually probably better) 9 years later.  

Fortunately, my home backs up to a nature preserve and not the golf course.  But, I am picky about my yard.  If someone decides to park their car in front of my home and gets it up on the grass...I pretty much go ballistic.  If I had golf carts coming up into my yard on the grass...I would not be very kind to the offender(s).

Edited by RickK

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

(edited)

Spent most of Sunday putting in the posts for 200 feet of fence about 2 feet inside the property line.  Have to admit the looks were fairly amusing as some golfers almost hit the posts driving into the yard before veering back to course. 

Final straw was coming home from work Friday and finding a golfer on my deck using it as an elevated position to look for his ball in my yard.  His golf cart a full 60 feet past the newly installed white OB stakes ( set 10 yards apart) and private property signs the course had paid for and installed.  

Now if I can just keep them off the front yard I will be happy.

Edited by scotth

In my bag: All Lefty clubs
Goldsmith driver I built 10 degree reg flex, Orlimar 14 degree 3 wood, 7 wood
Cobra Oversize 3 and 4 iron; Gigagolf Ion Control 5 iron through PW firm flex and 1 inch over with 3 degrees upright
Golfsmith SW that I built, steel shaft reg flex, Cleveland Tour Action Raw 60 with dynamic golf stiff
Scotty Cameron Teryllium Newport putter

On 7/24/2017 at 5:59 PM, dennyjones said:

Set the sprinkler up on a motion sensor!

This is exactly what I would do. 100% serious. It's not even that difficult to DIY. 

An electrically actuated irrigation solenoid valve, motion sensor, a little wiring and boom, you're done.

I'm also into the whole IP camera thing so I would have a blast installing both a DVR outdoor surveillance system coupled with the motion sensor sprinklers and would be tickled every time I got notification of it being triggered!

• Thumbs Up 2

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

On 7/24/2017 at 0:34 PM, mcanadiens said:

When people really want to keep people out of somewhere around here, its dogs and razor wire.

"constantina?", Poison Ivy, Oak".

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

32 minutes ago, Hacker James said:

"constantina?", Poison Ivy, Oak".

Concertina. That's the stuff. 

concertina-wire-coil.jpg

Poison ivy or oak wouldn't deter your average Dayton thug. Hell, the poor slob probably wouldn't recognize it.

8 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Concertina. That's the stuff. 

concertina-wire-coil.jpg

Poison ivy or oak wouldn't deter your average Dayton thug. Hell, the poor slob probably wouldn't recognize it.

Put a couple of rubber "copper heads" in them. ( I was raised in Tuscarawas County).

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

On 8/7/2017 at 5:12 PM, scotth said:

Spent most of Sunday putting in the posts for 200 feet of fence about 2 feet inside the property line.  Have to admit the looks were fairly amusing as some golfers almost hit the posts driving into the yard before veering back to course. 

Final straw was coming home from work Friday and finding a golfer on my deck using it as an elevated position to look for his ball in my yard.  His golf cart a full 60 feet past the newly installed white OB stakes ( set 10 yards apart) and private property signs the course had paid for and installed.  

Now if I can just keep them off the front yard I will be happy.

WTF for real??? That's unbelievable....I would think in that scenario that removing him physically from your property would be within reason.

• Thumbs Up 1

Colin P.

Note: This thread is 2412 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!