IGNORED

I Played a 702 Yd. Par 5 Today!

Note:Β This thread is 2275 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Can't top that. Β  That's pretty amazing. Β  I'd pick up after a few and move on!

The Flint Golf Club has one 453 and one 454 par 4. Β  That's the longest I've seen. Β  Of course we didn't play that distance.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.Β Β  I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wow, bogey is impressive on that hole. Β I saw on the European tour theres a 783 yard hole that can play 800+ yards and plays as aΒ par 6 at a course they played at.Β https://www.golfdigest.com/story/783-yard-par-6-almost-longest-hole-ever

Edited by freshmanUTA

Yikes man, that's ... nicely done. Β I'd be ecstatic with a 7 from those tees.Β  Is this the course I think it is? Β I haven't played there in years, but the white tees scared me. Β I wish they'd do a combo of the white & gold tees. Β 

-- Michael | My swing!Β 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:Β  Titleist 915D2.Β  4-wood:Β  Titleist 917F2.Β  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.Β  Another hybrid in here too.Β  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.Β  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter.Β 

14 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Yikes man, that's ... nicely done. Β I'd be ecstatic with a 7 from those tees.Β  Is this the course I think it is? Β I haven't played there in years, but the white tees scared me. Β I wish they'd do a combo of the white & gold tees. Β 

Visiting the family in Fresno this weekend ...Β https://dragonflygolfclub.com/

@GolfingdadΒ cool that you only had 165 left for 3rd in though. Too bad you bladed it. IIRC longest par 5 I have played is 'only' 620. I think came away with a bogie as well...

Vishal S.

17 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

@GolfingdadΒ cool that you only had 165 left for 3rd in though. Too bad you bladed it. IIRC longest par 5 I have played is 'only' 620. I think came away with a bogie as well...

Yeah, I think realistically I would not be in a position to reach the green with my third shot probably 7, maybe 8,Β times out of ten.

I mean, it's darn near a 250 yard carry just to reach the fairway from back there. Anything less than that, unless you get lucky and land on one of the forward tees, is going to be either an awful lie at best, or more likely an unplayable or lost ball in the native gunk.

Id bet over time, if I played this hole from those tees often, I'd average over 7. (I'd probably average an "x" :p)

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

I think you're selling yourself short there. I think you could average high 5s.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

25 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Yeah, I think realistically I would not be in a position to reach the green with my third shot probably 7, maybe 8,Β times out of ten.

I mean, it's darn near a 250 yard carry just to reach the fairway from back there. Anything less than that, unless you get lucky and land on one of the forward tees, is going to be either an awful lie at best, or more likely an unplayable or lost ball in the native gunk.

Id bet over time, if I played this hole from those tees often, I'd average over 7. (I'd probably average an "x" :p)

Β 

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

I think you're selling yourself short there. I think you could average high 5s.

Yeah...

If it were a 500 yard, relatively openΒ par-5, you'd likely expect to be in the high 4's, right? Β Unless there's some other trouble I'm missing, allΒ you're adding is an extra 200 yard shot in the middle of that.

Not gonna see a lot of birdies though! ;-)Β 

Β 

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;Β  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;Β  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's; Β 56-14 F grind andΒ 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty CameronΒ Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

2 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

Visiting the family in Fresno this weekend ...Β https://dragonflygolfclub.com/

Ah, so it wasn't the course I was thinking of. Β If Los Serranos is worth playing (I forget if it's actually a good course), you could try this on one of the par-5s of whichever course stretches. Β Won't be quite as long though.

-- Michael | My swing!Β 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:Β  Titleist 915D2.Β  4-wood:Β  Titleist 917F2.Β  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.Β  Another hybrid in here too.Β  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.Β  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter.Β 

12 hours ago, Shindig said:

Ah, so it wasn't the course I was thinking of. Β If Los Serranos is worth playing (I forget if it's actually a good course), you could try this on one of the par-5s of whichever course stretches. Β Won't be quite as long though.

I looked up Los Serranos and they have a 677 yard par 5. :). They also brag about being the longest course in California, which seems to be outdated now because this course I just played is 50 yards longer. Β And Los serranos "cheats" because they are a par 74 with two extra par 5s.

I feel like Torrey from the tips might be longer as well.

14 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

I think statistically nailing two good shots of over 250 yards in a row has gotta be top 3 hardest things to do in all of golf. Β Anytime you do that I would think you gain at least a smidgen over a stroke on the field.

Edited by GolfLug
  • Like 1

Vishal S.

On 8/19/2017 at 4:49 PM, Golfingdad said:

... the "way back black" tees were listed as 702 yards...

What are some other crazy holes you guys have seen?

We have a course in the area that advertises their par 5 at "666 yards". Β BraeΒ Burn. Β  I have played there once. Β It is a double dogleg and after a good drive and second shot, which both cut the corner, I had a 4 iron approach (back when I carried a 4 iron).

I doubt it was playing 666. Β Anything over around 600 yards and I Β may need to hole out my 4th for birdie from well off the green.

Brian Kuehn

Lakewood Golf Club in Madison ME (Near Skowhegan) has a 660 Yd Par 6, played it a few times.

Interesting hole, but was on in 3.

599dc205b0d55_12thHoleLakewoodGolfClubMadisonME.thumb.JPG.db5c5104c3ea90e160c670110cd03f94.JPG

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

On 8/20/2017 at 2:17 PM, bkuehn1952 said:

Anything over around 600 yards and I Β may need to hole out my 4th for birdie from well off the green.

First hole at Talamore is a 609 or 623 (depending on which tees we play) yard par 5.Β :-P

7 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

First hole at Talamore is a 609 or 623 (depending on which tees we play) yard par 5.Β :-P

Next time you play Talega, just treat it as a 17-hole course and go from the 11th tee to the 12th green and see if that's a long enough par-5.

-- Michael | My swing!Β 

The International Pines course in Bolton, MassachusettsΒ is 8,325 yards long from the tips and it's a par 72, their longest par 5 is 715 yards and longest par 4 is 567 yards!

Frankie

Wow, that's a long par 5. Β The longest regular par 5 that I can recall playing was 625 yards from the back tees before the clubΒ renovated the hole. Β Most people could not carry the ravine so they had to bring the tee box forward. Β Now it is "only" 607 from the back tees. Β I didn't play that set of tees very often.

Think I played a 650 par 5 once when the course had been lengthened for the PGA Tour Championship. Β They were letting members of the course "test" the new tee box for one day, and I got to play as aΒ guest of a member. Β With that length and super high rough think I took an 8 or 9 and was pretty happy.

Β 

In my bag: All Lefty clubs
Goldsmith driver I built 10 degree reg flex, Orlimar 14 degree 3 wood, 7 wood
Cobra Oversize 3 and 4 iron; Gigagolf Ion Control 5 iron through PW firm flex and 1 inch over with 3 degrees upright
Golfsmith SW that I built, steel shaft reg flex,Β Cleveland Tour Action Raw 60 with dynamic golf stiff
Scotty Cameron Teryllium Newport putter

Β 
Β 

Note:Β This thread is 2275 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!