IGNORED

2017 Hero World Challenge Discussion Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 2326 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, JetFan1983 said:

Yea, few are on that elite level Colin is at. Definitely a higher plane of Tiger zen, if you will :-D

Tiger is Zen. Zen is Tiger.

• Informative 1

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

But in rewatching the video, it’s really, really hard to accept his excuse that he didn’t even know where he was stepping.  Really, really hard. (For the record, I’m a big Hideki fan)

Bingo. That's the intent there.

He should have been penalized. The softy rules officiating on the PGA Tour saves a player once again. That's what happens when the players own the Tour.

9 hours ago, DeadMan said:

That is pretty bad. Not a huge fan of his "intent" getting him out of a penalty there. 

Right. He intended to step there. He didn't "accidentally" do it.

7 hours ago, rehmwa said:

I think if the ball would have ended up rolling closer to the damaged area, they'd have probably pushed him a bit harder for sure.  But then maybe he'd also have called himself on it in that scenario....impossible to know now, it's too late.

That's kind of irrelevant.

Let's say years ago Camilo's ball hit a bump differently and rolled six feet away. The rule basically says if, at the time the act was done, it was possible/probable that the ball was going to roll back to that area, it's a penalty. It doesn't have to actually roll through that area.

5 hours ago, MuniGrit said:

The guy has been practicing and playing a lot according to him. Not in tournaments but he has had plenty of reps. The question still remains are his yips gone or were they technique?

He's basically not played competitive, high-level golf for about two years, dude. He's been playing after basically a year off for four or five weeks.

That's a "lot" compared to the zero rounds he was playing before, but it's "almost none" by competitive PGA Tour standards.

Anyway, looked like tough scoring out there today. He's still T10. That's not too bad. It's not great. But it's not bad.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Geez I don’t know the rule but what Hideki did was so obvious!  Uh oh ball might finish in chunk divot!  

Tiger kept fighting hard,  still all good as I see it espescially if he can keep it under par tomorrow.

The potential is there...

I think he looks a touch wooden on some short shots compared to his best but that’s my only criticism.  It must be kinda draining for him with the buildup and all...If he’s truly healthy then game on Augusta!

Edited by Jack Watson

Where are they hiding the stats for the tournament on pgatour.com? GIR, FIR, scoring etc.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Damn he's 4-under thru 8 right now with an eagle? Pretty cool. Looking forward to those highlights when they post them to Youtube. 

Rips it down the middle on the par-5 ninth. Sweet. 

Tiger looking at his swing on video tomorrow morning on the range: 

tumblr_nby7fnVcwi1tc0gfqo1_400.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

Constantine

Make that 8 under through 9. Amazing round.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Shouldn't this be in the HWC thread? 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

3 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Shouldn't this be in the HWC thread? 

It was overrun by Tiger posts. Just thought to put it here. 

Also, when is 59 watch on. After what amount of holes, and what score

Edited by Seals

• Administrator
46 minutes ago, Seals said:

It was overrun by Tiger posts. Just thought to put it here. 

Also, when is 59 watch on. After what amount of holes, and what score

He has to birdie 17 and 18. Probably not gonna happen.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

So Tiger scores better than 8 players, and 8 players score better than Tiger .... classic glass half full/glass half empty optics.

He did much better than I expected, and I now can't wait until he plays on the regular tour (as opposed to this smallest of all fields Invitational)

Players play, tough players win!

Might be the smallest, but a very strong field. 8 out of 10 from top 10 and all players but Tiger in top 30.

I still think he is ripping it too hard, but look forward to a winning Tiger in 2018.

And what a performance by Rickie. Well done, well deserved.

I'm no different than any other Tiger Fan.  I've followed him since day one with all the ups and downs.  Like most, I didn't expect much this time, once again.  There have been too many disappointments. But for the first time since all the troubles began, He looked like he could finally, be the guy to set the Golf World on Fire again!  He did well when you consider almost a year without playing.  How many Tour Pros could do that and play as well as he did this weekend?  Tiger gets more Press than The White House!  I am happy for him and I HOPE this was FOR REAL!:-)

Everything in Moderation, Keep it Simple, Less is Best

Ping G10 clubs:   D-9*, 3W-15.5*, H-18*, Irons-4 thru PW, W-50/ 54/ 58*, P- Redwood Zing 

Ball-Pro V1

4 minutes ago, Seals said:

I hope so to

White House comment just a reference to how many people are interested in what he does.

Everything in Moderation, Keep it Simple, Less is Best

Ping G10 clubs:   D-9*, 3W-15.5*, H-18*, Irons-4 thru PW, W-50/ 54/ 58*, P- Redwood Zing 

Ball-Pro V1

3 minutes ago, Ron said:

White House comment just a reference to how many people are interested in what he does.

What comment? There was no white house comment. 

Note: This thread is 2326 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!