iacas

Brandel Says He Was Wrong About Tiger

30 posts in this topic Last Reply

Brandel confesses "I was wrong ..."

Maybe there is hope for mankind.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

But, Brandel is so wrong, so if he says he's wrong about being wrong, then was he wrong?  or is he now wrong?

I used to just go with the opposite of whatever Brandel said, but now, this is just confusing.  Somehow, he has to be wrong then AND now,,,,simultaneously...

What's next?  Will we have to staring trying every "shot tip" and McLesson that that Breed and that annoying British guy says?

Will I REALLY 'hit it like Rory with one simple fix'?

Edited by rehmwa

43 minutes ago, rehmwa said:

But, Brandel is so wrong, so if he says he's wrong about being wrong, then was he wrong?  or is he now wrong?

I used to just go with the opposite of whatever Brandel said, but now, this is just confusing.  Somehow, he has to be wrong then AND now,,,,simultaneously...

I believe that is referred to as Schrodinger's Brandel.  Or is it Chamblee's Cat?  I don't remember.

To be honest, I think Brandel's "hate" for Tiger or his inability to change his mind or admit fault is being over-stated.

1 hour ago, Golfingdad said:

I believe that is referred to as Schrodinger's Brandel.  Or is it Chamblee's Cat?  I don't remember

Yes it is.  So, if we put Brandel in a closed box which didn't let any  information or communication out (we don't care if any goes in) - will that then result in golf announcers not saying things like:  fairway 'metal', 'golf shot', or (anything) 'of the golf ball'.......and keep people from screaming stuff on tournament broadcasts?

If so, I'm all for it.

Heck, even if not, we could still try the box thing......

Edited by rehmwa

1 minute ago, rehmwa said:

....and keep people from screaming stuff on tournament broadcasts?

If so, I'm all for it.

Amen.

And it's OT but you just reminded me; yesterday while watching with my 8 year old, after a Tiger drive one of those clowns yelled mashed potatoes and he asked me what that meant.  LOL, I had no idea what to say.  I just told him it meant that some people are weird and just want to say that were "on tv" so they yell dumb stuff like that.

Chamblee is an arse. Just a loudmouth looking for attention, which somehow seems to work. At least we don't really need to see him in the UK.

1 hour ago, Golfingdad said:

And it's OT but you just reminded me; yesterday while watching with my 8 year old, after a Tiger drive one of those clowns yelled mashed potatoes and he asked me what that meant.  LOL, I had no idea what to say.  I just told him it meant that some people are weird and just want to say that were "on tv" so they yell dumb stuff like that.

That's pretty much it, though. You nailed it.

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

Still a Debbie downer. 

I think that's out of concern for Tiger's health. Brandel knows TIger is great for the game and wants him healthy and competing. I wonder if anyone has looked at his Thursday driver swing and compared it to Sunday. As to Tiger's chipping, it was poor on Thursday, but did it not improve over the 4 days? (I did not watch that much - was working although the channel was on) And I think TIger can be excellent around the greens again as he gains confidence. So, yes, Brandel was concerned but it's too early to pass judgment on Tiger.

Edited by Mr. Desmond

12 minutes ago, Mr. Desmond said:

As to Tiger's chipping, it was poor on Thursday, but did it not improve over the 4 days?

It fluctuated.  I think it was best on Friday, good on Saturday, less so on Sunday and Thursday.  That kind of thing seems like it would be a very simple "fix" in that it would just take repeptitions to get the feel back.  But who knows?

28 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

It fluctuated.  I think it was best on Friday, good on Saturday, less so on Sunday and Thursday.  That kind of thing seems like it would be a very simple "fix" in that it would just take repeptitions to get the feel back.  But who knows?

Coincidentally, I had a lesson after playing 2X per week for about 6 weeks - had figured out a laundry list of on-course issues. I had a chipping lesson - you know, the short ones around the green similar to what Tiger was doing - the first time on the course on Saturday, it was an effin' disaster, even after practice. On Sunday, it was better, but I was still grimmacing. And that was for a fun round! I can't imagine under competition right now.

I also had him work with me on downhill, uphill, above and below feet, but that's for another thread.

I feel for those guys - staying relaxed and chipping to almost perfection while I blade or thin ...

4 minutes ago, Mr. Desmond said:

Coincidentally, I had a lesson after playing 2X per week for about 6 weeks - had figured out a laundry list of on-course issues. I had a chipping lesson - you know, the short ones around the green similar to what Tiger was doing - the first time on the course on Saturday, it was an effin' disaster, even after practice. On Sunday, it was better, but I was still grimmacing. And that was for a fun round! I can't imagine under competition right now.

You and Tiger-Yeah those are similar enough that this is relevant.

Huh?

Tiger has two months to tweak his short game now.-I imagine he spent most of his time the last six weeks practicing his full swing.

Curious to hear what he and Cuomo Como worked on, full swing. Maybe some of it will get to social media soon.

1 hour ago, Mr. Desmond said:

I wonder if anyone has looked at his Thursday driver swing and compared it to Sunday.

He was 180 on Thursday, 178 on the holes they showed it Sunday.  Not sure if that is meaningful or not.  Speaking for myself, 2 mph feels like a lot (I'm just over 100 and hit 104 occasionally).  But who knows if he concentrated on swinging smoothly, if he was tired, or if the callibrations were different somehow.  Don't know enough about the technology.