IGNORED

Brandel Says He Was Wrong About Tiger

iacas
Note: This thread is 2276 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wow, Brandel actually fussed up! That’s more amazing to me than Tigers final incredible score! :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Huh, I like something Brendel says about Tiger.  That wasn't high on the list of things I thought I'd say about sports this year. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Brandel confesses "I was wrong ..."

Maybe there is hope for mankind.

• Upvote 1

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

But, Brandel is so wrong, so if he says he's wrong about being wrong, then was he wrong?  or is he now wrong?

I used to just go with the opposite of whatever Brandel said, but now, this is just confusing.  Somehow, he has to be wrong then AND now,,,,simultaneously...

What's next?  Will we have to staring trying every "shot tip" and McLesson that that Breed and that annoying British guy says?

Will I REALLY 'hit it like Rory with one simple fix'?

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

43 minutes ago, rehmwa said:

But, Brandel is so wrong, so if he says he's wrong about being wrong, then was he wrong?  or is he now wrong?

I used to just go with the opposite of whatever Brandel said, but now, this is just confusing.  Somehow, he has to be wrong then AND now,,,,simultaneously...

I believe that is referred to as Schrodinger's Brandel.  Or is it Chamblee's Cat?  I don't remember.

To be honest, I think Brandel's "hate" for Tiger or his inability to change his mind or admit fault is being over-stated.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Golfingdad said:

I believe that is referred to as Schrodinger's Brandel.  Or is it Chamblee's Cat?  I don't remember

Yes it is.  So, if we put Brandel in a closed box which didn't let any  information or communication out (we don't care if any goes in) - will that then result in golf announcers not saying things like:  fairway 'metal', 'golf shot', or (anything) 'of the golf ball'.......and keep people from screaming stuff on tournament broadcasts?

If so, I'm all for it.

Heck, even if not, we could still try the box thing......

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

1 minute ago, rehmwa said:

....and keep people from screaming stuff on tournament broadcasts?

If so, I'm all for it.

Amen.

And it's OT but you just reminded me; yesterday while watching with my 8 year old, after a Tiger drive one of those clowns yelled mashed potatoes and he asked me what that meant.  LOL, I had no idea what to say.  I just told him it meant that some people are weird and just want to say that were "on tv" so they yell dumb stuff like that.

• Like 1

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Golfingdad said:

And it's OT but you just reminded me; yesterday while watching with my 8 year old, after a Tiger drive one of those clowns yelled mashed potatoes and he asked me what that meant.  LOL, I had no idea what to say.  I just told him it meant that some people are weird and just want to say that were "on tv" so they yell dumb stuff like that.

That's pretty much it, though. You nailed it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Still a Debbie downer. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

Still a Debbie downer. 

I think that's out of concern for Tiger's health. Brandel knows TIger is great for the game and wants him healthy and competing. I wonder if anyone has looked at his Thursday driver swing and compared it to Sunday. As to Tiger's chipping, it was poor on Thursday, but did it not improve over the 4 days? (I did not watch that much - was working although the channel was on) And I think TIger can be excellent around the greens again as he gains confidence. So, yes, Brandel was concerned but it's too early to pass judgment on Tiger.

Edited by Mr. Desmond

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

12 minutes ago, Mr. Desmond said:

As to Tiger's chipping, it was poor on Thursday, but did it not improve over the 4 days?

It fluctuated.  I think it was best on Friday, good on Saturday, less so on Sunday and Thursday.  That kind of thing seems like it would be a very simple "fix" in that it would just take repeptitions to get the feel back.  But who knows?

28 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

It fluctuated.  I think it was best on Friday, good on Saturday, less so on Sunday and Thursday.  That kind of thing seems like it would be a very simple "fix" in that it would just take repeptitions to get the feel back.  But who knows?

Coincidentally, I had a lesson after playing 2X per week for about 6 weeks - had figured out a laundry list of on-course issues. I had a chipping lesson - you know, the short ones around the green similar to what Tiger was doing - the first time on the course on Saturday, it was an effin' disaster, even after practice. On Sunday, it was better, but I was still grimmacing. And that was for a fun round! I can't imagine under competition right now.

I also had him work with me on downhill, uphill, above and below feet, but that's for another thread.

I feel for those guys - staying relaxed and chipping to almost perfection while I blade or thin ...

4 minutes ago, Mr. Desmond said:

Coincidentally, I had a lesson after playing 2X per week for about 6 weeks - had figured out a laundry list of on-course issues. I had a chipping lesson - you know, the short ones around the green similar to what Tiger was doing - the first time on the course on Saturday, it was an effin' disaster, even after practice. On Sunday, it was better, but I was still grimmacing. And that was for a fun round! I can't imagine under competition right now.

You and Tiger-Yeah those are similar enough that this is relevant.

Huh?

Tiger has two months to tweak his short game now.-I imagine he spent most of his time the last six weeks practicing his full swing.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Curious to hear what he and Cuomo Como worked on, full swing. Maybe some of it will get to social media soon.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

1 hour ago, Mr. Desmond said:

I wonder if anyone has looked at his Thursday driver swing and compared it to Sunday.

He was 180 on Thursday, 178 on the holes they showed it Sunday.  Not sure if that is meaningful or not.  Speaking for myself, 2 mph feels like a lot (I'm just over 100 and hit 104 occasionally).  But who knows if he concentrated on swinging smoothly, if he was tired, or if the callibrations were different somehow.  Don't know enough about the technology. 

Note: This thread is 2276 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!