IGNORED

Predict Tiger's 2018 Season

iacas
Note: This thread is 2002 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger Woods in 2018  

94 members have voted

1. 1. How many events will Tiger win in 2018 (all events)?

• 3-4
    • 5+
  2. 2. How many majors will Tiger win in 2018?

2 minutes ago, No Mulligans said:

He ended up in the middle of the pack.  He doesn't have to just beat Dustin Johnson (who had a poor tournament), he has to beat everyone in the field including those with a hot hand.  He was 10 strokes behind.

He had one bad round.  I saw a lot of flashes of the old Tiger Woods.   He was rusty.  

I think he'll win a tournament. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I voted 2 and 0.  The man is an exceptional talent but the tour today is a lot of very good young golfers who are  not afraid of Tiger.  But I believe Tiger is good enough to win a couple of tour event if his body holds out.  But I have my doubt about a major.   Only 8% of major wins have been by golfers 41 and older, per the Golf Channel.  There is some pretty big names in the 8% but still the odds are against the over 40 set.  But I admit applying these data to someone like Tiger, who without question is an exceptional talent, is iffy.  But he needs to get the rust off and in a hurry and that means playing tournaments. Over 40 that can wear you down some.

Butch

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Veteran Golf Fan said:

Fella's, we are talking about the great Tiger Woods here, not a journeyman trying to make a comeback from injury.

So what's your actual vote?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
36 minutes ago, Veteran Golf Fan said:

Iacas, from what I saw at Hero, if he keeps that swing going and stays healthy, he will win at least two times and may just get a major as one of them.  Hope he does even better than that.  Great for golf if he does.

Cool. You posted a few times, I just wanted to nail you down to an actual prediction. :-)

You voted, I'll assume.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The field is way better than it was 20 years ago.
Tiger is not in his prime and not even playing that close to the dominant level he once was.
He is good enough to win on tour, at least once. One of those maybe a major!
If he wins more than once I will start wearing matching socks on the golf course!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

54 minutes ago, iacas said:

Cool. You posted a few times, I just wanted to nail you down to an actual prediction. :-)

You voted, I'll assume.

How about you Erik? 

I voted 1 and 1.  I watched a lot of his really good Thursday and Friday at the Hero, and like a lot of others, saw some great play that didn't look pained.  But I'm skeptical his health totally holds, and I'm not sure he's got the killer instinct anymore.  I don't honestly have a defense for it being the most likely outcome – which, honestly, is probably just 0 wins – but I could definitely see him always having at least one bad day that keeps him from winning, but catching lightning and his old dominant mode for one big major and coming out on top.  

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, MacDutch said:

How about you Erik? 

1 and 0. I thought I'd posted, but I guess not.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Veteran Golf Fan said:

Some of you guys don't have a lot of faith in the GOAT.  Guess you haven't been paying close attention.

I'm a fan, and know his now former coach well, but it's not really about having faith. I think 2019 could be an even better year, but this year, the guy hasn't played much golf for the past three years. Getting back to it will take some time.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Veteran Golf Fan said:

Which former coach?  He has had 4 I believe.  One of them, Haney said now that is a swing he can win with.

Well, I did say "now former coach," implying the change was recent… ;-)

Three of them have been "former coaches" for quite awhile already. :-D

Three of them have been "former coaches" for quite awhile already. :-D

I went with 3-4 tournaments and 1 major, because I'm a big homer and I'm trying to project positivity. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Veteran Golf Fan said:

Iacas, you like to play games, don't you?  It was an easy question about which coach you were talking about.  Easy questions are hard for you, right?

Wow. I answered your question.

I'm not a fan of name-dropping, so I referred to Chris a bit obliquely (as well as the fact that he and Tiger recently parted ways). Geez.

Any tone or whatever you read… you read incorrectly. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt, because "easy questions are hard for you, right?" sounds like you're being a jerk.

Note: This thread is 2002 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!