IGNORED

Predict Tiger's 2018 Season

iacas
Note: This thread is 2003 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger Woods in 2018  

94 members have voted

1. 1. How many events will Tiger win in 2018 (all events)?

• 3-4
    • 5+
  2. 2. How many majors will Tiger win in 2018?

• Administrator

I'm going to vote after I give it a little thought.

2018.jpg

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas pinned this topic
  • Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If he stays healthy (which I think he will), if he play a somewhat regular schedule, I'll say he wins one event and zero majors.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Zero and zero for me. Not to say that he doesn't get close - I think he will get a top three - but I still think there'll be an injury worry somewhere along the way.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Slight possibility that he wins one event, but I'm betting zero and zero.

Should also be an option for how many missed cuts. I say at least 2.

Edited by David in FL

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I voted 2 wins and one of them a major. But this is more what I want than a serious educated guess. I have no clue how his body will handle the stress test of competitive golf at the highest level.

Would a Rydercup win count as a win? Will he make the Rydercup team?

Edited by MacDutch
  • Like 1

Definitely going zero on majors.  I'm tempted on one tour victory...very tempted.  Current over/under in vegas is 1.5 wins.  I'd go under that prop bet.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

17 minutes ago, MacDutch said:

I voted 2 wins and one of them a major. But this is more what I want than a serious educated guess. I have no clue how his body will handle the stress test of competitive golf at the highest level.

Would a Rydercup win count as a win? Will he make the Rydercup team?

14 minutes ago, NCGolfer said:

Definitely going zero on majors.  I'm tempted on one tour victory...very tempted.  Current over/under in vegas is 1.5 wins.  I'd go under that prop bet.

As well as he is swinging now, if the back is fixed, he will win.  Just too good to not win.  The kids had better look out.

Mike Rooker

6 minutes ago, Veteran Golf Fan said:

As well as he is swinging now, if the back is fixed, he will win.  Just too good to not win.  The kids had better look out.

Short game is a bit ugly.  I think if he wins it will be later in the year.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

13 minutes ago, NCGolfer said:

Short game is a bit ugly.  I think if he wins it will be later in the year.

Well, he does have several weeks to get his short game in order.  Augusta is April and he should be good to go by then.  Hope we see him at Riviera.

Mike Rooker

I went with 3 and 1. I'm pretty hopeful after watching how he played in the Hero. I think if he stays healthy then this year is more likely to be a 2013 than a 2017. Fingers crossed.

I think in the Masters he'll have a run on Sunday and wind up falling back a bit. Finishing somewhere top ten, but not top five. He'll make the cut at the US Open, contend early at the Open, but fall back and then win the PGA. 

Predictions are a dime a dozen when talking about Tiger.  Many, including me predict Rory will never win a Masters due to his faulty putting stroke and poor wedge game and his famous melt down in 2011 where he shot 80 after having the lead on the back nine.  By the way, he hasn't won a major since 2014 and he spent most of 2017 nursing that rib injury.

Mike Rooker

Went with 1 win, no majors, hope I'm wrong on both counts.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Veteran Golf Fan said:

Well, he does have several weeks to get his short game in order.  Augusta is April and he should be good to go by then.  Hope we see him at Riviera.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

34 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Went with 1 win, no majors, hope I'm wrong on both counts.

Well, he does have a pretty good record at several venues so it would not amaze me to see several wins this year.  Augusta beckons and I think that would make the most sense for a major

Mike Rooker

I'll be optimistic and say 2 wins with one of them being a major.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

7 hours ago, mvmac said:

If he stays healthy (which I think he will), if he play a somewhat regular schedule, I'll say he wins one event and zero majors.

I like this.    This is how I voted.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I went with 0/0.

I do think he will have a successful return, if he is able to finish his 2018 schedule, without suffering any physical set backs.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Note: This thread is 2003 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!