IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 1

Third day of the SuperSpeed Golf intro training protocol. Up 5 mph from my max starting point.

Then practiced some wedges at half speed into my net. Putted for a few minutes on the Putting Arc.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 408 

Drove to the "other" course this morning. Just a couple minutes extra drive. This for putting practice on unfamiliar greens. Early morning and the place was empty. 

Due to another thread on TST, I did that off the toe thing for down hill, right, breaking putts. Even hit a few off the heel. Finished up off the sweet spot. The toe putts were ok on the right breaking putts, and the heel putts worked ok on left breaking putts. Just had to adjust my lines a little higher to accomdate the opening/closing putter face. Sweet spot putts worked the best, by a long shot, no matter which way the ball rolled. 

I even reevaluated where the sweet spot on my putter was located. This by holding club up with two fingers, then tapping the face with a ball, looking for no deflection of the club face. My "Heavy Putter" has a pretty large area with no deflection. Kind of surprised me. This can be googled for a better discription. 

After a few minutes of that stuff, and warming up, I played the 8 practice pins, three times. (cw, ccw, & random) This gave me a par of 48. I scored a 39, which was 9 under my putting par. Also had two, 3 putts. 

We are having pretty decent weather right now, which is great because I like early morning practices. Calm, peacefull, and fewer people works well for me. 

Have an 11 am tee time with my regular group of older dudes. Gamesmanship will be a priority. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 129, February 13

Just some putting today. Snow clean up made it tough to hit outside.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 365 375 - February 13, 2019 - Good session today with about eight crappy balls (doing the right thing, not caring much about the results), and then eight more well hit balls just emphasizing one thing a little bit more.

One year!

Edit: Small correction. Somewhere along the way I skewed by 10 days, so my anniversary was actually on the 3rd of February. I'm now at 375 days.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 2

Practiced a little during my lunch hour. Hit some chips and pitches with a GW. Then did some of my squat turn drills and hit a few slow full swings.

Putted with the Putting Arc when I got home.

Jim Morgan

DAY 4

Actually did putting today. Just on my carpet at home. I was working on my right arm/hand action during the stroke (lead arm for me). I always tend to push my putts. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Day 124: Back to full swing mirror work today. Working on set up, grip, and not rolling my forearms from A1 to A2.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 5: 

Hit balls again today and hit them pretty well. Focuses was mainly on proper takeaway. Hit driver really well which was nice.

Day 215:

Again, limited access to time and space and range maid what I could accomplish narrow in scope and time.

After my 10 minutes of warm ups on knees and hip motion, I spend the last of the pure physical time working on a facing forward and lifting heels as part of the overall shifting of the lower body.

Using the Orange Whip® for about 10 minutes, I was able to put what I worked on as a pure physical warm up into part of a swing.  For some reason not fully worked out, the whip draws me into a good swing motion and lower body action.  I am almost forced to use my feet and hips properly.  I now no longer am static and swinging just with  arms.  To be that is a big deal.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 44, 13 February 

I’m posting this a day later, I did 15 minutes of my carpet putting drill from 12ft. I was working big in keeping my arms against my chest, putter alignment and a steady stroke.

Day 409

Raining this AM. Just some indoor stuff. Carpet putting, while aiming at various house hold items. 

Toughest putt was down a hallway, where I had to stop the ball at a door way. This to have a 2nd putt to a target in another room.

Woke up earlier after hearing the rain. Flipped on You Tube, and watched some of Seve's short game clips. 

Just not an outdoor golfing day. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 130, February 14, Oh wait! Valentines Day! Yikes! Better go and get something on the way home!

Mirror work at the gym focusing on hips pointing to target at A8 and A9. I may do SS training later if the weather holds.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 376 - February 14, 2019 - Hit some balls with the club on the left to focus on being smooth and making good contact.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

DAY 453.  Spent ALL day working the LECOM Suncoast Classic Tournament a Web.com tour event.  Got home and spent 5 minutes swinging  my shortened club and doing some turns in the doorway.  Now to sleep and back at the event at 5:15 in the morning..which I have done and am doing from Monday the 11th until Sunday the 18th.

Edited by JuanTheGolfer

Day 3

Putting: Hit 25 putts on the Putting Arc. Hit 20 without. Then hit 10 on the metal yard stick.

Full swings: Hit LW, 8i and Driver into my net working on the squat turn drill.

Jim Morgan

Day 125: Full swing mirror work today. Working on my set up and grip and not rolling my forearms from A1 to A2.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 216:

Not much to say as rain derailed both my AM and AM outdoor possibilities. Spent about 45 minutes working on stance and grip and using the indoor purring mat.  Cannot really say much except that putting up to 6' was good and stance was quite comfortable.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 45, 14 February 

just a short putting session last night - from 12ft.

Again, i was working in my set-up, feeling connected, and a steady, well-aligned, stroke through the ball.

Bring in the weekend and more time to work in my full swing.