3,425 posts in this topic Last Reply

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Day 412

Nice easy morning on the driving range, just hitting balls again. 

1/4-1/2-3/4 and full swings using various clubs, and targeted landing areas. 

The routine was simple. I would pick a club at random. Pick the back swing I wanted to use. Match the swing yardage up with that club. Then pick a target. Using my abbreviated preshot routine, I would step into my stance, and hit the ball. 

After that I would clean my club, put it back in my bag, and pull another one .

"Easy Peasy", as the young caddy said. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 48, 17 February 

Three sessions today.

1. Driver, 40 mins, working on rotation up through the ball.

2. 6i & 8i, 30 mins, turning my upper body on backswing and walking through the ball to my finish.

3. Long driver competition, using SkyTrak, to test distances with 4 different balls.

Day 220:

Well, the back is about 70% better, so I felt very comfortable working with my 60º to spend some time on both the loft of the shot and direction. Most of the shots were 50 yards out and the green is a rather wide and a bit narrow.  That gave me a lot of "green" to work with.

I still am working on better aim.  I have been able to do well landing it on on the green, as I am able to do just as well in rounds.  

Now, I would love to get the shots to die a bit closer to the pin.

I do not use the pin as my target, rater I make a mental target area near the pin.  

Today, most fell well within my 10' first goal and many had slight rolls to within 8'-6'.  Not perfect, but this is the first day I really concentrated on drop and roll.  I could do better. but for a first really effort on making the lob shots better, I walked away after 30 shots, feeling fairly satisfied.