IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 229:

Played a nearby par 3, 9 holeΒ as my practice today. Β Shot, for me, a good 33 on a course where most holesΒ were about 110Β Β yards. Β 5 were on the green after the tee shot, the one that wasΒ about 70 yards was not one of them as I over shot! Β 2 hit bunkers and one was simply left short (too little club available for theΒ length) Β  UsedΒ only 7i, 55ΒΊ, 60ΒΊ and putter. Β Mostly 2 putted, but happy over all. Β Wedges did well, though IΒ needed to have more courage and simply allow the club to do the work. Β One often does things slightly better on the range and today was the case. Β But it was the first time in AGES I limited myself to 4 clubs. Β 

This is exactly what I needed! A challenge to force me to do it all. Β 

One final not, escaped the bunkers well; almost hole one ofΒ them out!

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDINΒ Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bagΒ :Β Β :ping:Β G410Β Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr, Β GX-7 Β (acting as aΒ 3 wood)Β Β :ping:Β 4H, 5H.Β SrΒ FlexΒ Β Β :ping:Β  G400 6i Sr Flex,Β G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0 Β Wedges (50ΒΊ,Β 56ΒΊ, 60ΒΊ) Β :touredge:Β  Chipper Β :ping:Β Putter:Β Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:Β Β e12 for the items IΒ try to hit on purpose.Β Β :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (withΒ PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 136: Just working on set up and grip today. Primarily making sure my shoulders are a bit closed.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway:Β ParadymΒ :callaway:Β Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway:Β Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel:Β SMSΒ Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

Β :aimpoint:

Day 56, 25 FebruaryΒ 

Carpet putting after along day travelling to London and back.

I did my drill, this time from 10ft and 5ft: working on set-up and steady stroke through the ball.

Day 420

Worked on 60-80-100 yard shots this morning. I am familiar enough with the short game practice area that once set up, I know where these distances are.Β 

Some required force carriers over a bunker. Others, due to slopes, required targeted areas left of the flag.Β 

Focus, while using most of my pre-shot routine, was to just put a good impact position on the ball with Β what ever club/swing I was using. A ball first contact to help with consistent distances. No real divots were taken. Maybe a little turf trim in front of the ball.Β 

It is going to be perfect weather for playing golf today. Course maintenance workers have caught up after that last, late winter storm that passed through.Β 

Going to walk on to play 18, after the morning rush clears out a little.Β 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 142, February 26

Worked on my priority piece at the gym with the driver today hitting foam balls. Did a lot of slow mapping and partial swings first to work on the feel of hips to target. Also reinforced my other pieces. Finished with some full swings. I filmed a few with Mirror Vision.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

DAY465Β  Rise and Grind!!Β  Spent 2 hours plus on the range working through drills from the book, "Train for Golf Like an Olympian" by Huffman and Gilchrist.Β  Β Then 90 minutes on the putting green.Β  Started with a favorite distance control drill (make 20 putts in a row inside a 3 foot circle) first from 20, then 30 and finally 45 feet.Β  The concept is that if you can improve your distance control you will reduce the number of three putts.Β  Finished putting practice trying to make 25 in a row from 3 feet, with the set up being tees at five points around the hole.Β  Failed miserably...Β  I am realizing I can not leave this drill last since I am mentally and physically tired after spending almost 4 hours practicing.

Day 230:

Primarily driver day. Β Warmed-up a bit with the 6i so I was able to get a nice effortless feel to my swing. I didΒ startut with 15 or so swingsΒ with the Orange Torture Device to loosen up the body and get the hips into the swing.

Now with the mighty G5, I was able to have a fairly good sense of line. Β My ball speed was averaging about 105 with little variation. Β Contact was basically solid, presenting a niceΒ sound as well as feel. Β 

For the most part the fade was veryΒ nice. Β DistanceΒ was betweenΒ Β 185-200 on every swing with the higher numbers arriving after my 10th or so whack. Β This is starting to e Β a trend and I need to keep this in mind.

I didΒ haveΒ one MONSTER slice.Β Not fully sure which of the probable sins caused it. Β I will bet safely it a aΒ combination of foot and grip positions. But, I just put it out of mind and hit a beautiful soft fade 220 yards.

Friday is next round,I feel on the path to being ready.

Β 

Β 

In My BELDINΒ Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bagΒ :Β Β :ping:Β G410Β Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr, Β GX-7 Β (acting as aΒ 3 wood)Β Β :ping:Β 4H, 5H.Β SrΒ FlexΒ Β Β :ping:Β  G400 6i Sr Flex,Β G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0 Β Wedges (50ΒΊ,Β 56ΒΊ, 60ΒΊ) Β :touredge:Β  Chipper Β :ping:Β Putter:Β Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:Β Β e12 for the items IΒ try to hit on purpose.Β Β :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (withΒ PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 10 - Driving range, game club rotation.

I did my game iron routine by hitting in this order: Driver, FW and 6-iron, SW, putter and repeat. I hit about 100 balls.

Prior to that I joined my wife's pilates session to warm up.

Nave

• Administrator

Day 388Β - February 26, ο»Ώ2019ο»ΏΒ - Spent a little time reviewing a video that @mvmacΒ sent me, plus spent a little time reviewing my stuff with @david_wedzik. Feeling pretty good about a direction that I have to go now, and as soon as Dropbox begins working again… I'll have some video in my Member Swing topic.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Starting new for 2019, going to make this a commitment.Β 

Day 1 - Spent 10 minutes working on the backswing. Used my patio window as a mirror to make sure that I am setting the club better with a softer right arm and keeping these short and in control. Trying to Β make sure my right elbow stays more in front of me. I try to also make sure that my left hip doesn't slide towards the target in the backswing.Β 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

Day 137: Mirror work today. Working on double checking my grip and set up at address. Then working on not rolling my wrists from A1 to A2.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway:Β ParadymΒ :callaway:Β Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway:Β Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel:Β SMSΒ Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

Β :aimpoint:

Day 421

Same as yesterday, and other previous posts. Worked on my short game in the practice area. Approach shots, long pitches, chips, and putting.Β 

Will be playing 18 later. Weather is just too good to pass up. Might hit 70 something degrees today.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 143, February 27

Mirror work at the gym hitting foam balls. Used 6 iron only. I started with 1/4 swings getting the feels down focusing on my hips ending up at target at A8. Then, I dialed it up to 1/2, 3/4 and full swings. The full range swing was about 70% effort.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

DAY 466Β  Β  Got in an hour of putting practice.Β  Started with a familiar distance drill.Β  Hit 20 putts in a row into a 3 foot circle from 20 feet, then 30 feet and finally 45 feet.Β  I only had to do one re-do at 30 feet.Β  Β Sometimes my mind wanders when I do these drills with too much focus on mechanics!!Β  Then finished by making 12 in a row from 3 feet, with the tees set up at 5 locations around the hole-- stopped the drill at this point since I had to come home for appointments with a couple of folks coming to our home to make some repairs!!Β  The joys of new home ownership.

Edited by JuanTheGolfer

Day 231:

Today was once through the bag of every club, including putter!

In the "normal bag" I did fairly well with a few exceptions. Β I warmed up with my normal 10 swings with the Orange Muscle Mover, 10 minutes or so doing some physicalΒ warmupsΒ I have done for almost two years now and a few warm-up using my 6i.

Quick breakdown:

Wedges: 50ΒΊ was good, especially with longer shots over 75yards. Β Aim was good and I was getting good loft starting with the first shot. 56ΒΊ was ok off turf but solid when I did some trap work. I was very solid with the fairway style and OK with the deeperΒ green side traps. Β I tended to get good loft but left myself with longer putts. 60ΒΊ was solidΒ the I tried my lob shots, solidlyΒ keeping the ball not only landing onΒ he green but solid in not overrunning the green. Β My chipper (subject of much chat here) did well notΒ only in the off the green putts but I felt good with longer Β inΒ the rough recoveries.

Irons:Β All were ok and at worst left me with playable shots either in the fairways or what would have been first cut rough. 5i was my least solid with a few solid left turns or not as much distance. Β As you may recall with reading my posts, this has always been an iron I am not as happy with as others. 6i-8i were fine, although I would have like more distance from the 7i and 8i (though they were OK). Felt good in using the 9i in a pre Gap Wedge situation. Β I have not had but a few timer I have used this club all year.

Hybrids: 3h, 4h, 5h and my 7i/w showed up fairly well. Β The3h is still in the getting used to the new shaft phase. Both ball speed and resulting distance were solid, but the fell of this club is still a bitΒ new.

Driver & GX7: Both were good off the teeΒ though I got left turns and right turns off both I would rather not get. Β I will be focusing afterΒ the round tomorrow on getting a better aim off of both,

I would give the results a bit better than normal and would have been happy with the weapons in around.

Edited by DrMJG

Day 58, 27 FebruaryΒ 

Working on irons (6, 8 & 9) -Β focusing on swing plane, releasing my hands, and turning shoulders,Β through the ball.

I finished off doing the same with the driver.

Day 2 - Spent time working on my backswing. Feeling my self not shifting left, more shifting slightly right. The backswing feel might be more towards a slight rotation with the hinging of the right elbow and wrist.Β 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping: