IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 203 - July 19, 2020

Hit some putts in the morning while waiting for the family to wake up.

8 hours ago, bweiss711 said:

Day 10: Played 9 holes

Day 11: Played 18 holes

2 hours ago, djake said:

Day 12:

Played 18.  I sucked horribly bad.  Like horrific 

Day 13:

Played 18.  Stayed focused on what was on in my lessons. Front 8nwas challenging but the Back 9 it started paying divideds.  Fun round

Guys, we have rules here.

the rules GIF

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 35

Full swing practice with my driver for about 10 minutes. 

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Day 32.  Hit a dozen balls (indoors, off a mat, mostly real balls) working on my setup priority piece (a new one this time), level pelvis.  I also did protocol one of Speed Stix outside.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

13 hours ago, iacas said:

Day 203 - July 19, 2020

Hit some putts in the morning while waiting for the family to wake up.

Guys, we have rules here.

the rules GIF

i am sorry, i don't know what i did wrong in posting.  i did write each post on separate days but i noticed when using my phone i must be missing the "submit" reply button and the post isn't getting posted.

i will start over with today being Day 1 ☺️  For me this is about the accountability of practicing and getting better. 

Edited by djake
spell check, i actually caught a misspelling

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

Starting over😎

Day 1:

I expanded my sklz workout from 30 minutes to 45 minutes today with the plan moving forward to continue with this expanded workout.

I added a 1/2 set (5 more swings) with the sklz tempo grip trainer and a 1/2 set with the sklz gold flex.  I did add a full set of cross arm swing training and the driver drill set.

Also added all of the additional stretching.

total 25 swings with the sklz tempo grip trainer in 3 sets of 10 and final set of 5

total 25 swings with the sklz golf flex in 3 sets of 10 and final set of 5

total 30 cross arm movements in 3 set of 10

total 30 driver sets - starting with the club across my hips standing at the correct address for a driver and then firing and turning the hips forward.  This is to gain speed at impact, get the proper lift up on driver technique and get the weight transfer from right side to left side - total of 3 sets of 10

final set of 15 baseball swings with the gold flex to increase core strength

alternated all sets

- Dean

Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6

Day 142 - worked on more secondary axis tilt at set up. Very muggy this morning. Only worked on it for about a 1/2 hour. Got some video to send into Evolvr.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 12:  Worked on keeping my head still and legs quiet with partial wedge swings, no ball.  Recording on phone to monitor progress, if any.

11 hours ago, djake said:

using my phone i must be missing the "submit" reply button and the post isn't getting posted.

This has happened to me before too - not exactly sure if I forget to click submit, or I click submit but the screen doesn’t recognize the “click”. Rub of the green I gues...😆

Day 223

Just did a superspeed workout today, and a few 9-3 swings working to continue reinforcing not stalling hips through impact. 

• Upvote 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 33.  Priority piece is level pelvis at setup.  Wow, when I focused on it today I realized just how much I want to slide during setup.  I hit a half dozen or so balls, but each took about a minute to do -- setup, practice swing, another one, did I get shift before? ... hit one.  Repeat.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

Day 205 - July 21, 2020

Hit balls at CHQ before a full day of children being forced to take golf lessons by their parents, since they have nothing else to do right now.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

41 minutes ago, iacas said:

Day 205 - July 21, 2020

Hit balls at CHQ before a full day of children being forced to take golf lessons by their parents, since they have nothing else to do right now.

lol! One of the pros at my course said the exact same thing.....

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

lol! One of the pros at my course said the exact same thing.....

I love teaching anyone… who wants to be taking golf lessons.

But anyway.

Day 34.  Indoors, off a mat, into a net, real balls (a few foam, mostly real balls). 

My priority piece is level pelvis, and it is feeling less weird.  I remember that when making a swing change, if it doesn't feel weird, you probably aren't doing it.  I have no idea how to exaggerate a level pelvis, other than stepping away from the shot when I feel myself shift my hips.

7-iron (flight), 6-, 5-, and 4H full swings, about 30 balls.  

(that fulfills the challenge requirement for today;  later I plan to also do Speed Sticks and, time permitting, go putting)

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 143 - Played 18 and managed to shoot an 80 even with erratic tee shots. I had two birdies, one almost an ace! Still need to find my driver groove. Frustrating.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 13: Went to the range.  Had a few things from my swing thread I knew I wanted to work on.  Mostly, keeping my head still and my legs quiet.  Also ended up working on a more upright and relaxed posture at setup, as it seemed to be that all of those concepts were related to each other.  

When trying to stand more upright and relaxed, I was putting more weight on my heals, as opposed to the balls of my feet.  This made it harder for my left leg to lift and turn inwards during the backswing, which made it easier to keep my head still.  Sturdier base makes the top more stable, i suppose.

Some challenges were getting enough turn in the hips in the backswing.  Not wanting to move my legs made me not want to move anything in the lower body.  Produced a lot of well struck pulls.

Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my tripod, so I didn't get any video for my swing thread.  That's not to say there was no progress today.  Maybe video evidence will show I have a lot more work to do, which I'm 100% sure i do.  But the big take away was that I am still able to produce plenty of power and make excellent contact while feeling like I'm stuck in cement.

Will head back later this week and grab some video.

Day 2:

In a hotel room so I did a 15 minute work out.

Stretching 

3 sets of 10 cross are swing drill

3 sets of 10 driver drill

- Dean

Didn't post yesterday, so Day 1:

Long practice session hitting into the net. I feel really good about what I'm working on right now, and I'm beginning to notice some other very important pieces that need a lot of work. It's strange to feel so happy about all of the things I am doing incorrectly, but it serves to chart a way forward. It also makes me believe that I have what takes to be able to play really good golf. 

Another long practice session tomorrow (with some more video) and some work on a piece that has been begging for some attention for a while and that is the idea of flow. For much too long, I've been afraid of sending any weight and pressure to the right side in the backswing. I really do think this may be the catalyst for my early extension move. I think I get a ton of pressure into my left heel really really early and because of that I have nowhere to go and so the weight naturally rocks forward onto the toes which causes the early extension.

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, Grizvok said:

Didn't post yesterday, so Day 1:

The rules are just 28 of the previous 30 days. You guys don't have to start over.