IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 117, February 25, 2022

Boiler was down at Golf Evolution so I spent the time practicing at home today. Just mirror (patio door reflection) work.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 61: 2/25/2022

My sister sent me a putting mirror and a chipping net. So, I spent some time with both of those today. 

I will be incorporating the mirror into my regular putting practice. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 78 (25 Feb 22) - Played 18 today solo today, wedge play totally sucked (not blaming the clubs, but I put in the old Eye2 wedges in lieu of the CBX/CBX2's, totally different feel (Cleveland's are back in the bag).  Get home, watching the grandson.   He wants to hit the golf ball some, so I start working on the wedge play (the CBX2 52) and the grandson offers up a small challenge.  He wants to hit the Birdie Balls into the swing saucer.  This will be good - work to an elevated landing zone, etc.  We start out way too close, about 5' out.   We move back to about 10' and it starts to get fun.  I ended up the last round at about 25' out.  You had to get it up and spinning back in order to have a chance of it staying in.  If you didn't it would catch the swing saucer just right and lip out like nobody's business.  Really firmed back up my confidence I had a risk/reward happening.  To make it more interesting he started pushing it back and forth perpendicular to the sight line.  More importantly he was amazed when he could come through his SW and get it to spin to a stop inside the saucer.  Love the imagination of kids!    

Birdie in the Saucer drill.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 50: Mirror work today. Worked on set up - making sure my knees are bent and hips are over my heels. Did a little of checking on the backswing, which still looks pretty good. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 41:

Worked on full swing flow, making sure I’m recentered back to lead side before downswing. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 126 - Putting and chipping practice indoors:

Putting: Ladder drill followed by Chet's putting drill (didn't beat my own best).

Chipping: Hit some putting motion chips ("chitch" shots per @mvmac's video) with my 9i and Almostgolf balls. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

[Deleted duplicate day 7 content]

Day 8: (I am absolutely certain I posted day 7 yesterday, but for some reason when I clicked reply to this thread today, the above (day 7) was still in the writing box bit... I'll check again after I hit submit, and if so, will remove)  So indeed was lovely today, first really spring-like day.  The wind was low, and the sun out, and it wasn't as cold as it has been recently.  I played 18 holes.  There was nobody behind me, so on a few occasions I dropped half a dozen balls and played the same shot, or tried using a different strategy.  Eventually caught up a slow four ball, so dropped a load of balls and did some chipping and putting for 10-15 mins, to let them get ahead again, and then finished off my round.

Edited by Dornenglanz
Indeed day 7 was posted!

Cobra F-Max Driver | Ping Karsten 3H, 4H, 5H | Titleist 690MB 5-PW | TaylorMade ATV 52* 56* 60* | Odyssey White Hot #1

4 hours ago, Bob M said:

Putting: Ladder drill followed by Chet's putting drill (didn't beat my own best).

What is "Chet's putting drill"?

Cobra F-Max Driver | Ping Karsten 3H, 4H, 5H | Titleist 690MB 5-PW | TaylorMade ATV 52* 56* 60* | Odyssey White Hot #1

Day 498: Worked on the knuckles down feel with punch shots in the basement. Also did some chipping.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 79 (26 Feb 22) - worked on being relaxed with the 7i late this afternoon hitting hard foam balls in the backyard.   Not trying to kill it, but rather ball first, ground second contact.  Followed that with some putting work with the mat in the house.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

3 hours ago, Dornenglanz said:

What is "Chet's putting drill"?

Here you go.

Day 62: 2/26/2022

Today went by fast. Fortunately I was able to do the ladder drill chipping from 6', 12' and 18' several times this morning while I waited for something in the oven. 

• Like 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator

Day 118, February 26, 2022

Hit enough shots demonstrating things today that I was able to get about nine minutes in. 😄 Then hit some shots at the end of lessons/juniors, anyway, to get into the 20s. GEARS tomorrow (for myself).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 52: did the yardstick putting drill while my son built legos. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 42:

Hit balls with 5-iron, working on flow/recentering because I feel that I have sort of lost this a bit with focus on recent backswing and transition stuff.

-Peter

Day 83. 2/27/2022

day 10 of Covid-19 practice plan full swing flow then hitting different length swings with gap, middle and long irons hitting balls into net in barn.

Under construction, signature and game.

Day 499: Worked outside on my priority pieces. It was a bit cold so it was a short session. My rehearsals looked good but my swings were a bit flat in the backswing for some reason. I will have to pay attention to that.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 43:

Played 18 this morning. Drove the ball really well, and generally was hitting the ball solid tee to green, and even had a streak of 3 birdies in a row. Conversely, I made some really poor choices on some recovery shots, maybe because I had a bit of hubris from striking the ball well. My watch bugged out mid-round and wouldn't upload to my phone, so I didn't get to review any of my stats unfortunately.

-Peter