IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 101: 4/8/2022

I was out at the range this morning. I got there right when it opened. Worked on my priority piece, plus worked on 50 to 80 yard wedge shots. 

With my last 10 balls or so I spent time "playing" the first 5 holes on my home course. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 34.   While watching round two (I tuned in right after Tiger's last birdie of the day! 😞  ), I did some putting on a ruler, trying various length strokes.  Real balls, on carpet/ruler, indoors. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 84:

Work and Masters all day, and then visit with in-laws in the evening, so really only time for some indoor rehearsals and grip practice.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 540: Worked on flow feel again with irons and driver.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Lost my streak by getting bloody Covid!

Day 1: Hit balls into a net - half swings.

Cobra F-Max Driver | Ping Karsten 3H, 4H, 5H | Titleist 690MB 5-PW | TaylorMade ATV 52* 56* 60* | Odyssey White Hot #1

day 35 played 18 holes on a course i have never played before, shooting an 84 (41 stableford points)

• Like 1

cheers Chris

Day 164 - More finesse wedge work today: (i) did Seickmann's "1 and 2" drill focusing on tempo and release of the clubhead then (ii) trajectory work by hitting low, medium, high and extra high shots....all with my 58* wedge. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 32- played today.  83 (9.7)

fairways: abysmal 8/14

GIR: 6

putts: 33

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 121 (09 Apr 22) - While at my grandson’s tee-ball game, worked on swing stretches/range of motion.  Set up, crossed arms and worked on weight shift from centered to onto trail foot back to finishing on the lead.  I like doing this when I cannot get to a club as it reinforces the first to points found in LSW - head centered and weight forward.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 85:

Short game drills this afternoon, and then also hit some full swing 7-iron just trying to find a good rhythm. 

-Peter

day 36: played a round as part of a golf-weekend trip to the south of the Netherlands today 

cheers Chris

Day 86:

Played 18 this morning. Full swing felt pretty sharp, which was a nice change from recent rounds. Short game was also sharp today. Greens were recently aerated, so can't really judge how well I putted considering the surface conditions.

-Peter

Day 541: Worked on flow again today.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

day 32 - I’ve been struggling with my low point control lately and so I did the drill where I put a thin towel behind the ball 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 165 - Hit finesse shots to various targets using the "1 and 2" drill using my 54* wedge, then practiced the full swing motion with my 7-iron focusing on face position at impact. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 35.  Missed yesterday (4/9), today I resolved to not miss;  practiced putting (ruler drill on carpet) while watching the Masters.  Some fairly long putts, consistent with the drill I was doing a few days ago, only now with the ruler to see the ball go.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 122 (10 Apr 22) - Mirror work today to follow up on yesterday's getting weight forward and being comfortable loading the lead leg/foot.  Have to say, I am getting to where I can trust my lead foot to support the "pressure" (no skin damage in the grafted skin area of late - that is a real good thing!)

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star