IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 1 (18 Jun 2023) - After a week away for a vacation (which included a really nice round of golf at a resort course in Punta Cana, DR) I am back to the drills.  Picked up the 7i and worked on setup and tempo, hitting some hard foam balls.  Good to be back in the practice routine.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 14: Played the local par 3 course with my son. 7/9 GIR, +2. Felt good.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 26, Jun 18th 2023, 

Worked on my driver at the range before going to see The Flash. Worked on backswing length and hands down feel. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 34. Played 18 at NKGC.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 27, June 19th 2023

Went to the range and working on the same stuff. Using my PVC backswing checker to keep the backswing short as I work on hands down. 

I might have to video tape my swing soon because I am flushing the ball but hitting the ball to inside out, producing overdraws. Draws starting slightly right and going about 20 yards left. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Day 15: Played 18. Was not my best effort, but there are some things to build on.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator

Day 231, June 19, 2023

Played 18 holes in the morning. Started off not so great, then… really started to try to exaggerate the backswing twist move.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 56 - Proper practice session at the range, made a ton of good progress towards "changing the picture" in my priority piece(s).

Driver is getting quite a bit better, the push slices are becoming far less frequent as long as I start with the clubface actually pointed at my target and not significantly right of the target like I had been. (Shocking concept I know)

Did The Stack training this evening too.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :titleist: ProV1x Left Dash

Day 9: 6/19/23

70 minutes of practice. Full swing and reinforce$ that my left food forward is my best position. Continuing to improve with Wright Balance.

putted and chipped well after having some issues on Saturday.

Day 2 (19 Jun 23) -played 18 at Minnesott while grandson attended first of jr golf camp.  Round was slow paced, had good opportunity to stay relaxed and in setup. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 9: Jun 20

Played a round of golf, some good and some bad. Made sensible decisions to minimise the damage as much as possible. I have to trust what I’m doing, swing smoothly and not get into an “OMG, just smack the ball” destructive loop. 

• Administrator

Day 232, June 20, 2023

Played 18 holes with @DrizZzY this morning. Actually, 17, as we never did play #11.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 28, June 20th, 2023

Range session working on backswing length and downswing stuff. Not seeing the overdraws today. Took some video. 

The swing is carrying on a tad too far. Probably need to return to right side extending/stretching in the backswing. 

My posture has into my heels too much, hips not over ankles enough. 

I could do the downswing stuff way better. Still looking for a consistent feel that gets this to work better.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Day 1: 06/20/2023

Okay, I'm back in. I've actually been working a lot on my game but I haven't been logging much of it here. So, today, I went with my son to the outdoor range. I worked on my priority pieces both with a 6 iron and the driver. Then, I spent about 30 balls trying to hit what ever target on the range my son picked out for me. It was actually pretty good practice and fun to do together. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 10: 6/20/23

Stack Neural training tonight with max intent. Finished at 110 e-speed. Need to improve sequencing. Finished the night with putting practice through the 5 cm gates.

Day 57 - Indoor putting today working on start line with a yardstick. Managed to get 10 in a row before one fell off, pretty pleased with that.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :titleist: ProV1x Left Dash