IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 110( 29 Mar 22)- Foot spray on driver today drill.  Noticing very toey contact. Worked on swing mechanics to get back to center.

Edited by WillieT
Grammar

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 73:

Can't seem to get anything to click right now, and I can tell that I am making significant compensations in my swing, even when I make solid contact. Did more work on getting lead hand grip more in the fingers, and did some backswing work indoors. Also hit balls with 7-iron trying to clear my head of any technical thought, and just trying to make solid contact.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 24.  Today was a WFH day but that allowed me to take breaks to hit chip shots and quarter shots with my 58 (indoors, off a mat, into a net, real balls). 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 25: Small swings with 7I, focussing on position at P9, with and without plane station.  Then similar with driver - I find this much much harder, but I persevered.

Cobra F-Max Driver | Ping Karsten 3H, 4H, 5H | Titleist 690MB 5-PW | TaylorMade ATV 52* 56* 60* | Odyssey White Hot #1

day 26: spent an hour at the range again at the real grass and went through all the clubs.. then walked a 9 hole round with a friend when we bumped into each other just as i wanted to leave..

cheers Chris

Day 530: Played my first round of 2022. It was 32F with 15-20mph winds when we teed off at 10AM!🥶 Slowly warmed up but was still windy throughout the round. Played pretty well. Focused on playing a slight push fade with every shot. Worked out pretty well. Shot an 82 with two birdies. Short game needs work as I chunked a couple of chips. I also need to focus more on playing the wind. Missed a couple of greens by not adjusting enough.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 156 - Worked on short wedge shots with my 54* SW today. Hit basic motion shots for contact then worked on hitting high and low shots with the club. Doing a Trackman session tomorrow to work out a wedge matrix. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 111 (30 Mar 22) - Played 18 today, goal: consistency.  Maintained the same pre-shot routine, i.e. made zero adjustments, even when a less than good shot was made.  Putting - kept the same routine whether 30' or 3', really helped in green reading.   All this to say it paid off, not in a super-low score but rather a consistent front and back nine with a 44/42.  Swing thoughts at a minimum - repeatable grip, stance and focused target point.   

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 92: 3/30/2022

Did a lot of mirror work. Super slow motion stuff trying to time my priority pieces and eliminate some goofy stuff I don't need. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 25.  I managed to get home for a bit earlier tonight and spent some time hitting chip and quarter shots with both my 54 and 58 degree wedges. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 24 - more putting for Bead from 6ft and then speed with focus on smooth pendulum rhythm. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 74:

Grip/setup work followed by backswing rehearsals indoors because I sense something “off” at the top of backswing. Didn’t notice anything grotesque, but clubface was really closed at A2 so worked on getting this back to neutral-ish.

Did some Covid-19 day 6/7 drills outdoors, haven’t practiced short game in awhile and want to sharpen this area since full swing is all over the map right now.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 9: Did mirror work. Working on getting my hips recentered earlier. Think I’m making some progress with the feels there. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

day 27: spent some time on my putting mat at home, as i didn't have time for the range today

cheers Chris

Day 112 (31 Mar 22) - Worked on pitches with the 9i today off varying lies in the backyard.  With less than great grass and the divot marks from the winter, I can work on pitches from bare dirt (hard pan) to semi-rough lies.   It makes for not being overly concerned with the ball when I am on the course because I have usually practiced that lie at home.  Today had the added pleasure of 10-15mph winds often gusting to 20+.   

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 25 - spent 30 mins at range going through full pre-shot routine with each shot.  It helped to avoid the “just hitting balls to hit balls” mentality. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 157 - Trackman session today. I hit some good wedge shots, but for full swing shots had a problem of leaving the face open and pushing the ball. Need to work on this problem. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 531: worked on chipping in the basement.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave