IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Well after some shit the last couple months I would rather not discuss... I'm back finally... I think this if I'm going to go for it... I might as well do it the right way. I have my priorities straighter now... So here we go with the restart. Besides I want to see whether @JuanTheGolfer can break my record, first hand... you're more than halfway there... It will be tough to beat, but it's just some silly internet record anyway.

7/6/18

Day 1:

So I have been practicing and playing golf... Don't get me wrong there. Just haven't posted in... oh 7 weeks or so... but that doesn't mean I haven't been practicing...

I'm working on a single thought. My takeaway is/was entirely too handsy. I noticed something though. When I hit chips and dead-hands pitch shots, my takeaway is not handsy at all. So I hit some 7-iron shots, as far as I can take the club back without breaking my wrists, and just hitting some 90-100 yard chippy swings... (If you really want to learn how to hit a blade, you have to start somewhere).

Anyway, if you remember that water-bottle path drill back in the winter... you can cheat that, you can save it with your hands if you goof it up (My instructor told me though it is a very good drill for players who hit weak irons to the right, it isn't foolproof)... So it's back to the drawing board... One-piece takeaway... nothing fancy to get back into the forum. Sorry, that I disappeared for a while... I put my two cents in on a couple other threads.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 8

spent 45 minutes working on putting. Trying to keep a steadier head all around. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 20, July 6

30 minutes working on full swing into my net. Focused on my drills and added a point from my lesson about feeling I’m draining water from my right ear A8 and A9. All this to help curb the hooks. Ball start direction is right of target line, which is where I want it. My instructor said that during the punch drill, a straight push might happen, but the normal swing should be a push draw or less of a hook  

Grip change feels normal now. 

Finished with 15 minutes of chip and pitch work in the yard. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Another good day of my set of warm ups even if my arms seemed a bit tired.  Went from wedge as weight to using it as a good club from 50 out.  Went on to a decent round on an executive length course. 

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

DAY 227    Mostly indoors waiting for people to show up!!  Spent time in the driveway swinging the Skilz version of the Orange Whip, then in my home office with my Impact Ball and shorted club.   Working on keeping the club in front of me.  Looking forward to playing in a scramble tomorrow morning.   Shout out to @onthehunt526 !!!  I have probably practice almost everyday for the last 4-5 years.   It is only this past Fall that I found The Sand Trap.    Your record of consecutive days is outstanding.  It would be an honor to break it.

Day 186  Went out early this morning. Supposed to be way hot today, with some humidity moving in . It's the start of our summer monsoon season the weather guy says. 

Hit 120 yard shots this morning. For some reason, I just didn't have it in me to hit these shots. A few too many fatties, and I even threw in a few shanks for good measure. Stopped after 14 balls. Tried, and I thought  I was focusing, but just didn't have it. (D-)

Moved from that war zone area to do a little chipping. That worked out much better for me. Focus was on ball contact, and hitting my landing area, after reading the green. When doing this practice, the roll out is the import part of the shot. I want the ball to roll close enough for  no  putt.worse than a one putt.  (B-)

From there, I hit some easy 20 yard pitch shots. Again,  the focus was on ball contact, and hitting my chosen landing area on the practice green. (C+)

I thought about going back to the 120 yard shots, but decided to fight that swing another day. My pitches were not that good either. Just chalking it up to poor swing day. Tomorrow will be better. 

I ended on a high note though. I found a decent looking range ball. I pulled my 4 ironwood, and gave it a smack. Good swing, with good ball contact, to a targeted vacant area was the result. Tomorrow is already looking better.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• Administrator

Day 153 - July 6, 2018 - Five minutes of SuperSpeed, plus 10 minutes hitting putts to prep for an AimPoint clinic.

Day 153 - July 6, 2018 - Five minutes of SuperSpeed, plus 10 minutes hitting putts to prep for an AimPoint clinic.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 11 July 6th, 2018

We has a rainy afternoon here so I was stuck practicing indoors. I putted on my indoor putting mat working on 3, 5, and 10 foot putts. 

Day 35.  Medicine ball and set up work, indoors, no ball (other than the medicine one) while doing housework (esp. cleaning my living room before guests came by for the evening).  This feels a little like a cop-out to the point where I was tempted to not count it, but ultimately it was something that may turn out meaningful.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Just a repost from earlier, could not get it to read bold or red from my phone

day 2

Another good day of my set of warm ups even if my arms seemed a bit tired.  Went from wedge as weight to using it as a good club from 50 out.  Went on to a decent round on an executive length course. 

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

On 7/4/2018 at 9:58 AM, Lihu said:

Day 1: of posting this again. I've been practicing daily, but have not had a lot of time to get on the forum.

My daily routine has been to take the club smulator and swing about 10 to 20 times to loosen up my lead arm deltoid and shoulder in general. I consciously keep my lead arm straight during this motion. Next, I focus on the left arm (I swing lefty). I try to stretch the pectoral muscles and all associated rear shouldder muscles to get that "spring effect" at the top of the swing. Next, I focus on the wrists. Lead wrist flat, and rear wrist gently flexed the right amount. Next, I focus on my "triangle". Keep it loose to my body.

Now the work begins...I take two lighter swings that stretch the rear shoulder and chest muscles, then make my usual hip first movement to "cock" my torso and left chest, then let the swing happen. The aggressive swing is to insure that my wrist cock is retained all the way to A6, then let my torso, chest and arms  release all the energy. I repeat this about 10 to 15 times, and try to get the "whip" happen at A7.

Loving my results. My latest stats from the Mevo with range balls are: Driver 236 carry (43" driver with the tip trimmed 1" and the butt trimmed 1.75"), spin down to 2700 rpm, SM 1.35 SS, 14.5 LA, 103.5mph average. 3W 225 carry, Mizuno MP032 7i 158 carry. Pro-V1, I only have a few readings with my driver averaging about 253 carry.

I go to the range about twice a week, but am doing the resistance club simulator for 20 minutes a day. I've played only 5 rounds this summer, and need to get out there.

Although my game is pretty bad, I still feel good getting to the greens. Bad things happen around the greens :-D. Last round I lost $5 at $1 a skin and was given 10 strokes to a local pro golfer, mostly because of my putting and chipping... 42 putts that round and I chipped about 18 times...and not on every hole :-P

My average BP is finally 118/79, and weight down to 188 (I'm about 5'10.5") partially hydrated. My goal to drop below 183 fully hydrated. 

I hike three times a week with my wife 8.3 miles / 100 floors according to the iPhone, and my heart rate gets to 151 peak rate. Average 145 for the uphill part.

Still loving that Mevo that I bought from this site!

I'm really bad at posting. I did more speed training. Just to maintain my speed even though it was too hot to play On Friday.

Did a hike with my wife in 104 degree heat even though the sun was lower in the sky. We wore hats and drank water. We only climbed 50 floors and did 6 miles.

I set up my LM and SS radar next to each other. I hit one PW shot in my net and the ball went right through it. :-P Sun damage... I'm headed for the night range tonight when the temperature drops below 110F.

Might get around to fixing my net, since I have a fan and swamp cooler in the bay to keep things cool. OTOH, my wife is trying to get me to get rid of it because it looks like a homeless shelter.

Any good ideas to make a next look less boxy and more stylish please PM me? :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Day 187. Was out early to beat the heat. It's already 95*, and 25% humidity. (6:30 am) Thunder storms in the area. 

Putting practice this morning. Focus was on reads, alignment, lags, and starting my back stroke with my left (lead) hand. My putter works best with a straight back stroke, and with it's weight, that back stroke does not have to be very long.

Same routine. 6 pins clockclockwise, 6 pins counter clockwise, and the final 6 pins a mix match. Most first putts we're in the 10'-15' range, except for 4 in the 25'+/- foot range. 36 is par, I had 33. (B+)

I spent some extra time on a particular hard putt. It's up hill, 10' feet, and breaks (2') to the left. After the left break, if the ball misses the hole, and/or goes past it too far, the ball will roll down hill about 8' feet on to the fringe. It's a finesse putt, with idea being getting the ball up the first hill, and having it stop near the hole, without rolling down the hill. It's a challenge. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 3

Continued the work on the pre-session workout.  Spent extra time on the turn of the hips.  Given age and body, but was well worth the extra time. Following that I spent time working on the hips with my 7i.  While perfection and nirvana were not consistently reached, I noticed fewer off line hits.

Day 9

Played in a scramble today. Things were OK, not good. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

1 hour ago, DrMJG said:

Day 3

Continued the work on the pre-session workout.  Spent extra time on the turn of the hips.  Given age and body, but was well worth the extra time. Following that I spent time working on the hips with my 7i.  While perfection and nirvana were not consistently reached, I noticed fewer off line hits.

Only go Bold Red once you have accomplished 26 of the last 28 days. 

• Like 1

Day 21, July 7

20 minutes pitching and chipping from different lies in the yard. Focused on the feel of my hips driving the shot. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

DAY 228   Spent 15 minutes on the putting green preparing for a scramble I was going to play in this morning.   Our team went out and shot 13 under par, and tied for first.  My driving and iron play was very strong and helped our team a lot... thanks to all the work I have been doing on my full swing.  I am still struggling with short (60 yards and in) wedge shots.  So while I spent a lot of time last month and some of this month working on it.   I still have a LONG way to go.

Yesterday afternoon I also went out to practice my putting, however, the approaching storm shortened that session (see the attached picture)

IMG_20180706_161159244_HDR.jpg

Edited by JuanTheGolfer