IGNORED

PING G700 Irons

iacas
Note: This thread is 2176 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

G700Iron7CavityRender.png

Interesting. A foam-filled cavity-back from PING? Wonder if PXG will sue them too. :-P

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

There won't be any "foam" in the heads. Kind of like how the Crossovers aren't foam filled.

Finish is like the G400 irons.

Suppose to be a direct replacement for the GMax irons but look better at address than the G400's.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Just out of curiosity, how (maybe "why?") does Ping work their numbering system for the G series? From what I see, they kind of went from G20 --> G25 --> G30 --> G --> G400 --> G700.  With a branch to Gmax after the G30 that comes together again now in G700?

I'm not in the market for any of them, but just curious about the marketing, I guess.  It makes it just a little harder to see how much older (or recent) any of them are wrt the others, other than the general trend of higher numbers being later (with exceptions of G and Gmax).

But maybe that's the point: Get the customer in the most appropriate current club without emphasis on the number/year.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

10 hours ago, caniac6 said:

Any info on pricing?

I think MSRP will be $160 a club.

4 hours ago, Missouri Swede said:

But maybe that's the point: Get the customer in the most appropriate current club without emphasis on the number/year.

I think they just wanted to switch it up. i200 or G400 sounds better than i35 or G35.

Mike McLoughlin

• 3 months later...

@mvmac Hey Mike! Have you had a chance to hit these yet? Sorry if I missed it, just wanted your input if so. Thanks.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

18 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

@mvmac Hey Mike! Have you had a chance to hit these yet? Sorry if I missed it, just wanted your input if so. Thanks.

Just a 7-iron off a matt. Pretty much what you would expect: high launch, easy to hit, good ball speed, sounds a little hollow. They look very similar to the G400's at address. They are basically G400's on steroids.

Mike McLoughlin

I hit these at Carl's during their demo days.   As @mvmac has stated, they are easy to hit and have a high launch angle.   I liked them better than the G400

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

9 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I hit these at Carl's during their demo days.   As @mvmac has stated, they are easy to hit and have a high launch angle.   I liked them better than the G400

I have the i200’s which I love...but of course ya know...new and shiny and I love Ping. I haven’t hit the 400’s...you guys like the feel of the 700 as much as the i200?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

54 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I have the i200’s which I love...but of course ya know...new and shiny and I love Ping. I haven’t hit the 400’s...you guys like the feel of the 700 as much as the i200?

i200 feel is much better. 700's are kinda like hitting a hybrid. 

If you are looking for something in the i200 category, new and shiny....wait until August/September. G700 meets i200.

Mike McLoughlin

7 hours ago, mvmac said:

i200 feel is much better. 700's are kinda like hitting a hybrid. 

If you are looking for something in the i200 category, new and shiny....wait until August/September. G700 meets i200.

Awesome. I hadn’t heard that. Will do.

7 hours ago, mvmac said:

wait until August/September. G700 meets i200

Are you at liberty to give us more details?  

• Like 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I hit them at our demo day last weekend.  Stupid easy to hit.  I liked it with the AWT shaft.  Felt ok, not as nice as my I e-1 irons but something I would have no problem with especially when I saw the results.  Ball flight did not seem too high...just my tiny draw on everything.

Blade length is long but after a few hits I didn't even notice it at address.  Top line not thick and offset is nicely blended in so you don't notice it either.

A few weeks prior, I hit this same iron off a mat with the DG105 shaft and hated it...high and right.  AWT was working better for me.  I could game these in a heartbeat.  Who needs to work the ball???  G400 max driver I tried hit dead straight bombs one after another.  Drive down the middle and a straight shot to the green.  Doesn't get easier than that.

I hit the Ping G irons (for about a month now), and have come to one conclusion. Ping makes great golf irons. I started with Ping Eye 2's years ago (which looking back was probably the best irons I've ever hit) and have now come full circle to G after Cleveland, Taylor Made and Mizuno. Can't work the ball as much with the G's but they do go where I'm aiming.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Note: This thread is 2176 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!