IGNORED

Puzzle Solving Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 1571 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Uhhhh… that's funny. I didn't even recognize that. I didn't really look… but sheesh. Now I feel dumb. :-)

But yeah, looking at it again now, oh yeah.

I think it was the first morning, yeah.

It's definitely the first morning. I have a similar picture of the fog rising over the lake there on my phone, but that picture of yours was much better. (Also, the link I sent was a TST link, from your picture album of the Newport Cup, so I'm surprised you didn't realize it)

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

It's definitely the first morning. I have a similar picture of the fog rising over the lake there on my phone, but that picture of yours was much better. (Also, the link I sent was a TST link, from your picture album of the Newport Cup, so I'm surprised you didn't realize it)

I was in "get things done" mode. I don't even really think I stopped and looked at the picture.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 hours ago, Lihu said:

puzzle.png.36ec3c0d9cafa35e4ea08d831cfa19a9.png

Arrrrgh, I had two pieces reversed and just partially "in place" for a minute or more as I answered a couple emails before I realized the timer didn't stop. Reversed them and got this! I thought I was close to 10 minutes again, but no. . .

I'm using a size scaling strategy so the puzzle starts off with the pieces spread out over a larger area to make it easier to move around initially.

Redid it without interruptions and made the same mistake as last time, but this time put the pieces in within a couple seconds.

Finally broke 10 minutes, but unfortunately the second time around. About the same as the last time though. :-P

I'll try to break 10 minutes on the next puzzle.

puzzle.png.67be2031c6619c88d40baac3ef260461.png

Edited by Lihu

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

5:46

Looks like the start of a great day at the course. I love those slightly chill mornings with lake fog.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator

So who is leading at this point? @Zeph?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Man I got into a rhythm, 4:43 for me.  I love this picture. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

On 2/6/2018 at 5:14 PM, iacas said:

I sucked. 8:34. I should not watch the Pens game while doing puzzles. ;-)

Don't feel bad, I was concentrating on this one and still managed 8:03. :-P  (Karma for teasing @Club Rat I spose)

On 2/8/2018 at 3:52 PM, iacas said:

So who is leading at this point? @Zeph?

Not anymore. :-P

On 2/8/2018 at 4:05 PM, phillyk said:

Man I got into a rhythm, 4:43 for me.  I love this picture. 

That's a great time, man, well done.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator

https://www.jigidi.com/solve.php?id=4M9TNREB

From @phillyk.

5:06 for me. So, can someone crack 4:00?

6:04 for me, blah :pound:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

NVR mind, stumbled upon the comment page accidently which show details.
How do others (non TST members) gain access to these puzzles?

Someone out there is extremely talented solving it  - draftman1111  3:31

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

NVR mind, stumbled upon the comment page accidently which show details.
How do others (non TST members) gain access to these puzzles?

Someone out there is extremely talented solving it  - draftman1111  3:31

Anyone on Jigidi.

I spelled my name wrong on the puzzle website. toasob there tosob here. fat fingers

Edited by tosob

OMG, tried to do it with my 6S phone, and the stopwatch did stop after the picture appeared. Anyway, other than the fact that the pieces are microscopic and I had to zoom out and fumble a lot yet I still broke 12 minutes!

I think an iPad Pro things would go a lot faster. Using a mouse with a PC really sucks because even with the steep learning curve using an IPhone 6S it was way faster. So, from view on I’m going to use my new toy! Looking forward to faster times assuming my son doesn’t take my pro :-P

Edited by Lihu

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Just used my iPad mini and glided through 8:35, I’m charging the iPad Pro. My son will likely take it to school for the week, but I’ll have to try it next weekend.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Just used my iPad mini and glided through 8:35, I’m charging the iPad Pro. My son will likely take it to school for the week, but I’ll have to try it next weekend.

You're also, I think, doing the same puzzle, and know more each time where the pieces go. No?

Note: This thread is 1571 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!