IGNORED

Putters of Choice?

Note: This thread is 1911 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey there everyone,

Not sure if there is another thread on this or not. However, is there anyone on here who has played a couple rounds with a SeeMore Putter?

I am wanting to get a new putter, but I don't have a lot of money to spend.

But I was wanting to see what y'all thought. I have it narrowed down between either a SeeMore or Cleveland TFi 8.0 Blade.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I have tried the SeeMore putter. I tried it for 20 rounds or so. Great putter. Great quality. Rolled the ball nicely for me. That said, it did not replace my long time, tried, and true, $29.99 (?) Zone 1 putter.  

Here's the deal. My Z-1 gamer fits my stroke. I have a ton of confidence in it. I know when I miss a putt with it, it is my fault. 

The SeeMore was not fitted to my stroke. I never got comfortable using it. Never developed any confidence in it. 

I guess my point is, which ever putter you purchase, have it fitted to your stroke. It's highly probable if I had taken the time to be fitted for the SeeMore, it would now be my gamer. 

The Cleveland blade, I know nothing about it. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Putters are personal.  If a hot dog on a stick works for you; you should putt with a hot dog on a stick.  As I understand it; the ones with cheese in the middle have a softer feel.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

I've had a lot of nice putters, but lately, I've been using an old bronze Ping Zing that has green stuff on the back. I don't know why, but my speed control has been better with this putter than it has in a long time.

I am by no means an expert, but the biggest help I got was to discover that my putting stroke was straight back and straight thru....That told me the I needed, I think they call it a face balanced putter.  Before that, I would miss short every time and was convinced I could not read even the easiest to read green.  It helped with my distance and with my accuracy.  You should be able to find an affordable putter on e-bay to fit your stroke.  You may find something on this forum about different balanced putter for different strokes....

I recently bought a new putter after using the same Odyssey two ball for the about the past 6-7 years. I tried various models/types and after spending a couple months working on it decided on  a Scotty Cameron. The point is, I tried a bunch of different styles, types and lengths before finding the one I liked best. Putters are probably the most "personal" golf club you can buy. It seems like everyone has a slightly different opinion/preference. Take your time and find the right one. 

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Osnola said:

I am by no means an expert, but the biggest help I got was to discover that my putting stroke was straight back and straight thru....That told me the I needed, I think they call it a face balanced putter.

Two things, and though it's brief, it's really not intended to be confrontational…

• I doubt that your stroke is SBST. Almost nobody's is outside of about six-footer max.
  • The forces and torques in putting are incredibly small. Face balanced, toe hang… that stuff doesn't matter much at all.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I purchased a Piretti Teramo 365 G, 34" putter new on the web, (don't even remember where I got it from), without even trying it. (Please don't ask me why I do these things, LOL, I guess I'm just a club hound). Anyway, it replaced my Odyssey and I can't believe how great this putter fits my particular stroke. I guess I just lucked out.

I guess it just comes down to your particular feel and confidence which is only built over time. Maybe that is why I have about ten putters in my garage. They all felt great in the store, (I swear they have magnets in the holes and balls in the store, they all seem to go in), but on the course it is a completely different story.

Good luck with whichever putter you decide to buy.

On ‎04‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 11:15 PM, ThEsLiCeKilLs said:

But I was wanting to see what y'all thought. I have it narrowed down between either a SeeMore or Cleveland TFi 8.0 Blade.

Tried a SeeMore putter a last year when i was looking to replace my GEL Diamond, didnt take to it. They had some end of season/overstock sale putters and it included the Cleveland Smart Square mallet and blade.

Loved the blade putter and ended up getting it down to £30. The TFi range are really nice as well (couldnt compete with my haggling skills though!).

Either one will give you a quality product so just have a play with both.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Give them a try in person and compare to your current putter.  See how their alignment configurations work for you.  You have to be able to line it up right and that's all up to your eyes.  If you can't aim it, you wont make anything.

Diego’s Gear
Driver: Callaway Great Big Bertha at 11.5*
5W: Taylormade Jetspeed 19*
Hybrid: Ping G5 22*
Irons: Mizuno MX-23 4-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 50*, 54*, 58*
Putter: Ping Ketsch 33”
My Swing: https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/93417-my-swing-foot-wedge/

Watching guys on tour nobody is SBST yet a good number of them use face balanced putters.  If u have a slight arc, either face balanced or an Anser style toe hang will work.  

Where i saw the big drop off is when I went to a heel shafted putter like the odyssey 9.  Too much arc for me.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Typhoon92 said:

Where i saw the big drop off is when I went to a heel shafted putter like the odyssey 9.  Too much arc for me.

Again, the forces and torques involved in putting are incredibly small. You didn't putt well with that putter for some reason, but it almost surely wasn't because of the physics of a heel-shafted putter. Maybe your mind more than anything, if you give any actual weight to the idea that this stuff matters.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

13 minutes ago, iacas said:

Again, the forces and torques involved in putting are incredibly small. You didn't putt well with that putter for some reason, but it almost surely wasn't because of the physics of a heel-shafted putter. Maybe your mind more than anything, if you give any actual weight to the idea that this stuff matters.

Maybe just the shaft in the heel having a different feel to it caused it to not work.  I bought it because it felt really good but I just could not get the ball on line at all.   Face balanced and Anser style I'm fine with.... They feel the same.

A good test too is taking the Ping Tyne putter which comes in SBST and slight arc and see what u do better with.  My stroke is slight arc but with those 2 putters the SBST model wins hands down.

Give me something heel shafted and I'm a 50 handicap.

Since I can't figure out how to edit my last post...  I realized after watching Jason Day today that I putt really well with the Spider Tour which looks to be heel shafted....but not much toe hang.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Typhoon92 said:

Since I can't figure out how to edit my last post...

You have 316 posts here… you can't edit after about 9, 18, or 27 minutes, depending on which membership group you're in.

On 2/10/2018 at 3:34 PM, Typhoon92 said:

A good test too is taking the Ping Tyne putter which comes in SBST and slight arc and see what u do better with.  My stroke is slight arc but with those 2 putters the SBST model wins hands down.

I disagree that's a good test. I'm not sure you read what I wrote up above: the forces and torques in putting are incredibly small. Negligible.

I agreed with u... The reason I think it is a good test is I know I have a slight arc stroke but the SBST putter works better for me.  Anyone who thinks they have to use a slight arc putter for their slight arc stroke is wrong.  The forces and torque are negligible...correct.

A good putter should do the following,

1. Let you aim where you want to.
2. Let you have good tempo and speed control.

Here is a pretty good resource, https://edelgolf.com/pages/classic-fit

If you find that you aim your putter too much left, then try to find one with design combinations that correct that. A small change can go along way. I've seen putter fittings were adding a few alignment lines would drastically change how a person aims their putter.

For me, I got lucky with my choices over the years. When I got fitted for my Edel, they basically copied the same look as my previous putter. The big issue for me was weighting. I needed a much heavier putter head and back weighting in the grip.

If you struggle with speed control, then you probably are using a putter that is too lightweight. Major manufactures are finally seeing that, and coming out with heavier options and counter balance options.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Typhoon92 said:

The reason I think it is a good test is I know I have a slight arc stroke but the SBST putter works better for me.  Anyone who thinks they have to use a slight arc putter for their slight arc stroke is wrong.  The forces and torque are negligible...correct.

Okay, cool. But to further clarify, yeah, there's not really any such thing as an "SBST putter." Or an "arc putter."

Note: This thread is 1911 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!