IGNORED

New Golf Grips

Note: This thread is 2166 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Don't know where you live, but in summer temps, you might want to try a grip that will hold if you spend time on the range or it's extremely hot.

I've played Pure, Lamkin UTx, Golf Pride MCC +4, and others - grip choice depends on your conditions, whether you sweat a lot, and what comfortable for you. It's your own journey and no one else's.

Edited by Mr. Desmond

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 5 weeks later...

Golf Pride CP2 Pro. Less taper under bottom hand. They feel a little thicker and have a soft feeling but not mushy.Very good if you have arthritic fingers as I do.

Edited by mpb1472
mistake

I picked up a set of Taylormade nd irons over the winter with brand new midaize cp2 tour wraps on them.  The do feel nice.  Haven't had a chance to play with them, just him them inside.  I measure just under midsize...3 wraps over standard.

On 3/8/2018 at 10:35 PM, dennyjones said:

Grip choices are personal.    I like a corded grip, one that works well when my hands are sweaty or if it's raining.    I have Golf Pride MCC Plus 4.   It's not the choice of everyone.    I would suggest that you go to a place that has several options and try different choices.

How do u like those MCC plus 4's?  I have one on my driver that the fitter put on and I like it.  He also put them on my pm grind wedges when he restarted them.  I like them on there too.

I've always used tour velvet and now it's time to regrip my Ping irons.  I measure 3 grasp over standard but the plus 4's I have now are standard and not 3 over.  I was at demo day and you never see them on irons to try.

How do you like them?  Do they seem larger than standard?  I was thinking of going an extra wrap on the top hand only maybe?  Maybe just stay standard like the other plus 4 grips I have...?

2 hours ago, Typhoon92 said:

How do u like those MCC plus 4's?  I have one on my driver that the fitter put on and I like it.  He also put them on my pm grind wedges when he restarted them.  I like them on there too.

I have these and really like them.  They aren't spongy like some grips but feel comfortable and when it's wet they work extremely well.  I've played about 140 rounds with them and they still feel and look great.   They aren't cheap, I believe I paid around $10 / grip. 

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Yeah, I know...$10.... And that's a good price actually.  Still tossing around the tour velvet with a couple wraps but really would like a constant feel.

Probably do one plus 4 with an extra wrap and see how it is.

My question to the OP would be, "How long has it been?" If you're running a set of slick grips, I would think that anything new would feel great! I've tried a bunch and am partial to Lamkins. I don't like "fat" grips. They just don't feel right in my hands.

Note: This thread is 2166 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!