IGNORED

2018 Masters Tournament Discussion Topic

iacas
Note: This thread is 2255 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The 2018 Masters  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 2018 Masters?

• Tiger
    • Jordan, Dustin, or Rory
    • Someone else in the OWGR Top 15
    • Someone not listed above
  2. 2. Where does Tiger finish?

• First
    • Top 5
    • Top 10
    • Top 20
    • Makes cut, nowhere near contention
    • MC

• Administrator

Appreciate the effort @b101 but the guy is clearly a tosser. Came on with an agenda.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This round is really slow today.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator
Just now, Zeph said:

2 hours. 6 holes.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just now, iacas said:

Appreciate the effort @b101 but the guy is clearly a tosser. Came on with an agenda.

Isn't that just the truth? I will just never understand that mentality.

Back to the golf and this is one of the best day two leaderboards I can remember in a long, long time. Awesome day's watching so far.

Just now, Zeph said:

Yep, I've been following McIlroy's shot tracker all afternoon and there have been about three or four waits of ten minutes on the tee (14 and 15 in particular)... Not sure who's caused it, to be honest.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

11 minutes ago, No Handicap said:

Piss off. Ban me, I’m done

you don't have to be banned - you can leave voluntarily....or...

read a few posts, get the lay of the land before posting too much, then join and contribute - a few guys come across harsh, but you get to know them better, they are pretty decent, just about all of them, frankly, you started off here with a chip or agenda or so, put it aside

just like real life

your call - if it's not too late

back on topic - still rooting for McIlroy.....so far so good

Edited by rehmwa
  • Like 1

Bill - 

Justin Thomas slowly sneaking into contention under the radar. Haven't seen anything from him, but now at -1 and in pole position at 7 after 3 birdies in the first third of the round.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

• Administrator

Vijay!

man this is starting to look like a round with buddies...everyone chipping out from trees all over the place!

If Reed keeps it up, at least there might be someone with red and black out there Sunday afternoon.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Just now, Zeph said:

If Reed keeps it up, at least there might be someone with red and black out there Sunday afternoon.

Yeah - but he's a villain in my book. Make it easy to root for anyone else.

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

Vijay!

Like Vijay!

Has the cut here always been top 50 + within 10?  I thought it used to be top 44 + within 10.  Not sure why I think that. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Just now, chspeed said:

Come on Tiger. Get a birdie on a par 5. Make the cut!

Yes indeed!  I would enjoy seeing him do both of these things.

Hoffman having a much better second round than he did last year!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

2 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Has the cut here always been top 50 + within 10?  I thought it used to be top 44 + within 10.  Not sure why I think that. 

The top 50 scores including ties, or any player within 10 strokes of the lead, will qualify for the weekend. The rule was changed to its current form beginning in 2013, before that it was top 44 and those within 10 strokes of the leader. 

(I did a search on that 'internet' thing) - so it can be more than 50 for either ties, or the 10 stroke thing....or both

Edited by rehmwa
  • Informative 1

Bill - 

Leishman is trying to hit it farther into the woods than...Woods.

Looked like a good drive by Tiger. On the right side, probably with vision to the green.

Edited by Zeph

Tiger took a vicious rip at that. He blasted that.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood
Irons: :titleist: U505 (3)  :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :titleist: ProV1x Left Dash

1 minute ago, rehmwa said:

The top 50 scores including ties, or any player within 10 strokes of the lead, will qualify for the weekend. The rule was changed to its current form beginning in 2013, before that it was top 44 and those within 10 strokes of the leader. 

(I did a search on that 'internet' thing) - so it can be more than 50 for either ties, or the 10 stroke thing....or both

Thanks.  I should have searched.  

After hearing that comment about Zach Johnson and how well he plays the par-5s, I cannot help but think of the title a chapter of Erik's book didn't end up getting. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Note: This thread is 2255 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!