IGNORED

All Final Round Masters Rounds from 1968 Onward

iacas
Note: This thread is 2215 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Time to do some downloading. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

40 minutes ago, brocks said:

God I love the internet. 

I do wish they had Arnie's wins, though.

Found these on the Masters website: 

Looks like the first three are pretty short, but the 1964 one is about 75 minutes. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Oh, I'll be pleased to watch this.

Incredibly happy reminisces of staying up late on my 13th birthday to watch Sir Nick win his second green jacket. 

The greatest British golfer of his generation. What the heck? The greatest British golfer ever.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Wow!! I hate that I now have to postpone all that stuff I have to do for work on Monday so I can watch this. But you know....priorities...

• Like 1

YES. 

I'm finally able to watch the final round of the 2007 tournament, which was ingrained in my mind as a teenager with big golf ambitions. Haven't seen it in 11 years.

But I'm going to wait one more night, go a little further back in time & have a good cry for our friend Seve. =) 

14 hours ago, Dr. Manhattan said:

Thanks, I will grab those.

By the way, anybody who thinks Tiger never won a major unless he had at least a share of the lead when play began Sunday morning should check out the 2005 Masters.

Edited by brocks
  • Like 1

I know in the coming months I will have some work to do around the house and these are going to be played while I do so.  I don't think I'll be able to sit down and watch directly, but this is amazing.  Thanks for alerting me to it.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

2 hours ago, brocks said:

Thanks, I will grab those.

By the way, anybody who thinks Tiger never won a major unless he had at least a share of the lead when play began Sunday morning should check out the 2005 Masters.

He has never won a major when he has not been tied or leading gping into the final round. Didn't he have a 4 stroke lead or something that day? I know i know he finished his 3rd round in the wet morning and started with a birdie and Dimarco made double.

Trollin' is the life

50 minutes ago, MuniGrit said:

He has never won a major when he has not been tied or leading gping into the final round. Didn't he have a 4 stroke lead or something that day? I know i know he finished his 3rd round in the wet morning and started with a birdie and Dimarco made double.

They finished the 3rd round on Sunday morning. Brock is saying he was down on Sunday morning and that's true. Tiger made like 7 birdies in a row or something crazy like that.  The 54-hole stat is a bit misleading. He was down on the back nine to May and Mediate. Down on the 72nd hole to Mediate as a matter of fact. Had to hole a 12 footer on bumpy poa annua green to reach a playoff. 

10 minutes ago, Dr. Manhattan said:

They finished the 3rd round on Sunday morning. Brock is saying he was down on Sunday morning and that's true. Tiger made like 7 birdies in a row or something crazy like that.  The 54-hole stat is a bit misleading. He was down on the back nine to May and Mediate. Down on the 72nd hole to Mediate as a matter of fact. Had to hole a 12 footer on bumpy poa annua green to reach a playoff. 

I agree with all but he has still never won a major without at least sharing the lead going into the final round. He does not have a Jack 86 masters or Faldo 96 type where he came from behind on the final day when he started down needing to shoot a low score.

Trollin' is the life

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, MuniGrit said:

I agree with all but he has still never won a major without at least sharing the lead going into the final round. He does not have a Jack 86 masters or Faldo 96 type where he came from behind on the final day when he started down needing to shoot a low score.

I love how some people say that as if it’s a negative.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

23 minutes ago, MuniGrit said:

Correct, but meaningless.  He's come from behind after 53 holes, he's come from behind after 55 holes, he's even come from behind after 71 holes, but never exactly 54.   Anybody who thinks that proves something about his play in the clutch is smoking something.

As for needing to shoot a low score, the 2000 PGA was one of the events where he was behind after 55 holes.  He won by shooting 31 on the final nine, birdied 8 of a 13-hole stretch including the first two playoff holes, and set a new all time scoring record for major championships.

Note: This thread is 2215 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!