IGNORED

Avengers: Infinity War

klineka
Note: This thread is 2033 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm going to see it tonight, has anyone else watched it yet? If so, thoughts?

I'll post my thoughts after I watch it.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It was fun. Keep off social media to avoid spoilers. There is a post credits scene after the last credit has rolled. I didn't do much of a rewatch and missed a couple of movies in the franchise but still understood what was going on no problems, thank you YouTube and Wikipedia. This is a great movie to see earlier with fanboys, makes for a fun viewing experience. I saw it in 2D, guessing 3D not any better, not a fan of 3D though.

I don't think this is spoilery, I'm tired of superhero movies, but there were more than a few F#%K YEAH moments.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I saw it this morning.   It was good and everything that I expected.   Obviously it is a part 1 of 2.    A lot of carnage.    Stay after the credits to see the 1 minute post credit scene.   The very ending is a prequel of Avengers 4.   You'll have to figure that part out for yourself.   

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I thought it was solid as well. It was pretty long, like 2.5 hours I think, but it didnt seem to drag on at all. I've watched shorter movies that felt longer than that.

Also thought they did a good job of switching between the different character groups since there were multiple subplots throughout the movie.

@colin007 your avatar reminds me of Vision :-P

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Thor is turning out to be a great character. I like Dr Strange too. Seeing all these different characters interact was awesome. I liked the quiet parts.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Was just pointed out to me Iron Man - Doctor Strange, both these guys played Sherlock Holmes.

Steve

Infinity War is maybe my favorite Marvel movie. By no means a perfect movie but with all the build up the past several years it lived up to the hype. I think they did a great job of blending in all the characters, all the subplots and the action. Love the way it ended. 

As someone who is familiar with Thanos and the Infinity titles in the comics, I appreciate the parts they pulled from the comics and leaving certain parts out was a good decision. 

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

The almost 260m domestic opening weekend is quite something. I wonder how much legs it will have? I'm guessing it will hit around 700m.

Steve

12 hours ago, klineka said:

@colin007 your avatar reminds me of Vision :-P

Lol kinda! It's the artwork for a band, the artist's name is Alex Grey, he's done some really amazing stuff.

Colin P.

Massive spoilers, click only if you watched.

Spoiler

Steve

I really enjoyed how they went into detail about Thanos as a villain. Usual superhero movies don't give you a very detailed origin story for the villain. I like that they made him complicated.

My favorite parts of the movie,

1. The fight on Titan. That was intense.
2. Thanos getting the last stone, and his exit.

My least favorite parts

1. The Vision/Scarlet Witch scenes.
2. The Loki scene.

Edited by saevel25

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Great flick.  Planning to see it again too.  Next one will be great.  There's a couple key lines between Strange and Tony I believe.

Bill - 

7 hours ago, saevel25 said:

I really enjoyed how they went into detail about Thanos as a villain. Usual superhero movies don't give you a very detailed origin story for the villain. I like that they made him complicated.

My favorite parts of the movie,

1. The fight on Titan. That was intense.
2. Thanos getting the last stone, and his exit.

My least favorite parts

1. The Vision/Scarlet Witch scenes.
2. The Loki scene.

The way Loki played out was imho, lame. Thor and the Guardians was funny. 

Steve

Agents of Shield mentioned Thanos in the latest episode.   They said that he was on Earth

Edited by dennyjones

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

4 hours ago, nevets88 said:

The way Loki played out was imho, lame. Thor and the Guardians was funny.

I think part of it was trying to set the stage early that Thanos was a badass and no one is safe.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I really enjoyed it.  As stated earlier, the two and a half hours flew by pretty quickly.  

I wasn’t impressed with the post credits scene, though.   I know it will obviously tie in with Captain Marvel next year, but it didn’t seem as great to me as some of the other after movie segments.  

Loved Thor and the Guardians, hated Star Lord this time around.  Quill was pretty much a jealous dumbass for most of the movie, barring the couple heavy scenes with Gamora.  

And Dave Bautista has deadpan Drax nailed.  His delivery is awesome.  

Next up, Deadpool 2!

Corey

Great movie. I left the the theater smiling as so many people around me were bummed at the ending. I had to explain to my wife that if they really beat Thanos in one movie that he would be no more of a villain than any other villain in the cinematic universe, and that would just be disappointing. Looking forward to his return. 

Note: This thread is 2033 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!